FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Enable HOTSPOT for 4.4.3 Sense 6.0 ( 5.28.605.2 update ) 09/05/2014

599 posts
Thanks Meter: 233

By carm01, Senior Member on 19th December 2013, 04:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
All,

After attempting to find a solution to the WifiTether_TrevE_Mod not working after 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ). I have found an alternate solution to use the native HOTSPOT application and it does not prompt to subscribe to it for those of us who have unlimited data.

I cannot take full credit for finding the fix for this I had to look in the following for the XML edits: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2467651&page=7

The update script is by andybones, and i modified it, and the xml.

There are 3 flashables i did put together based on this. DeODEX/ODEX versions and Stock. The first two just re-add the WifiRouter_JB43.apk and odexed file respectively depending on which you use, and also removes TetheringGuard.apk.
The Stock, simply places the origional xml file back and puts the TetheringGuard.apk back as well. That one will work for odex and deodex.

THESE ARE ONLY FOR STOCK ROMS. I CANNOT CONFIRM THESE WILL WORK ON CUSTOM ROMS.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE CORRECT VERSION, OR YOU WILL GET FORCE CLOSE ON THE DIALER! THE FILES IN THIS OP ARE FOR 4.3 ( 2.10.605.1 ) ONLY RIGHT BELOW THIS THERE IS A LINK TO 4.4.2

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 / Android 4.4.3 ( 5.28.605.2 ) go here ---->>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=77

Update for KitKat Sense 6.0 ( 4.10.605.3 ) go here ---->>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=71

Update for KitKat ( 3.11.605.1 ) 02/07/2014 post 21, link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=21

Also, I cannot get the hotspot widget to work correctly. IT WILL turn it off, but not on.

Enjoy

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible if you dont know what you are doing or jack up your phone
Attached Files
File Type: zip Enable_NativeTether_DEODEX.zip - [Click for QR Code] (405.3 KB, 517 views)
File Type: zip Enable_NativeTether_ODEX.zip - [Click for QR Code] (417.5 KB, 460 views)
File Type: zip STOCK_NativeTether.zip - [Click for QR Code] (307.9 KB, 439 views)
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to carm01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carm01 Ad-Free

19th December 2013, 06:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Works great, thx! While its a bummer that the widget doesn't work properly at least the EQS tile toggles it on and off with no problem. Thx again!
19th December 2013, 09:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Just to confirm.

you are using the Verizon Hotspot software that comes on the stock rom?
19th December 2013, 10:19 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Awesome, thanks! Works perfectly. I actually didn't flash the zip, instead made the changes manually. The WifiRouter_JB43.apk was already on my phone, verified to be identical. So just had to rename ThetheringGuard.apk (and odex) and manually made the XML edits. As you mentioned, the Hotspot widget doesn't work, but it's easy enough to turn it on from quick settings.

Many thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to xenakis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenakis Ad-Free
19th December 2013, 11:25 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ohio - land of the boring

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsricci

Just to confirm.

you are using the Verizon Hotspot software that comes on the stock rom?

YES, exactly
The Following User Says Thank You to carm01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carm01 Ad-Free
19th December 2013, 11:27 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenakis

Awesome, thanks! Works perfectly. I actually didn't flash the zip, instead made the changes manually. The WifiRouter_JB43.apk was already on my phone, verified to be identical. So just had to rename ThetheringGuard.apk (and odex) and manually made the XML edits. As you mentioned, the Hotspot widget doesn't work, but it's easy enough to turn it on from quick settings.

Many thanks.

You don't HAVE to rename tether guard, I tested it with and without.

IF only the widget works, that would be great, but not too much inconvenience with quick settings, i am satisfied.
20th December 2013, 09:44 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
This is exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking about flashing stock rooted but didn't want to give up native hotspot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cares For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cares Ad-Free
20th December 2013, 10:00 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking about flashing stock rooted but didn't want to give up native hotspot.

THANKS! !
22nd December 2013, 06:35 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
MOD Not Working
I tried this and it did not work????
22nd December 2013, 06:51 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsalter

I tried this and it did not work????

What Rom you on ?

if I have helped you please press the thanks button.
23rd December 2013, 09:59 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Angry No charge on bill
I just got my bill today as the 19th was the last day of my billing cycle, and i used the hotspot mod that day.

I DO NOT HAVE CHARGES on my bill for this just so everyone knows or is worried it might generate a charge.
The Following User Says Thank You to carm01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift carm01 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)