People have had success with this update but obviously this will not be the final version. Once again update at your own risk.
Here is the Droid Maxx's 4.4 OTA zip that can be installed on locked and unlocked bootloaders. Others have confirmed you can use this on Ultra/Mini but you do so at your own risk. I am not responsible for unfavorable outcomes.
MD5 Sum: 4de456a1badf9dd6fff1ec117e2e59ab
Originally Posted by cliberti View Post
Not necessary. Steps I took on my unrooted Maxx.
1) download file
3) Move file to /sdcard
4) rename to update.zip
5) put phone in recovery
* shutdown6) flash update.zip
* hold power + vol down (15 secs) to fastboot
* choose recovery (press vol down)
* press vol up to boot stock recoveryMINI/ULTRA: You may have to hold vol up and then hit the power button* choose "apply update from sdcard"
* choose update.zip
7) phone will reboot like nothing happened
8) put back in to recovery
9) flash again
10) now you have Kit Kat once it reboots again
RECOVERIES WITH UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS FOR 4.4
- Full support for Motorola's f2fs changes in android 4.4.
CWM recovery 184.108.40.206 from dhacker29
TWRP 220.127.116.11 from Hashcode, Dees_Troy