[ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 319

Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2018, 06:08 AM |#1801  
Flag Courtenay
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Any chance you can give step by step directions on how to unroot the TE rom and go back to stock google?

31st July 2018, 08:28 AM |#1802  
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidjes

Any chance you can give step by step directions on how to unroot the TE rom and go back to stock google?

Trying to unroot too.. seems I am stuck...
27th October 2018, 12:57 PM |#1803  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Chromecast v3
Will this rom work on a v3 chromecast?
28th October 2018, 05:43 AM |#1804  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,028

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogendoorn

Will this rom work on a v3 chromecast?

No, as far as I know (haven't kept up) the newer Chromecasts don't have a root exploit. Even if you managed to get this particular ROM on a newer Chromecast, it wouldn't function well since it's so old now.

The Chromecast environment is one of forced updates, so Google can update the API as long as the app developers don't fall too far behind and they don't really have to worry about compatibility with older firmware versions.
28th October 2018, 01:01 PM |#1805  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

No, as far as I know (haven't kept up) the newer Chromecasts don't have a root exploit. Even if you managed to get this particular ROM on a newer Chromecast, it wouldn't function well since it's so old now.

The Chromecast environment is one of forced updates, so Google can update the API as long as the app developers don't fall too far behind and they don't really have to worry about compatibility with older firmware versions.

Thank you for the reply.
The one feature I really dislike is the need for a wifi connection with internet access. I would really like to use the Chromecast in hotels or vacation locations without internet. Just stream locally stored movies from a phone or tablet to the tv.
I guess a raspberry pi could also do this for me. Maybe that's a better option.
18th November 2018, 11:04 PM |#1806  

More
Hi at all, it's possible install this ROM on other devices? such as smarphone, raspberry Pi, VM...
22nd November 2018, 02:36 PM |#1807  
Flag somewhere in the mountains of north carolina
Thanks Meter: 343

Donate to Me
More
This is only for the Chromecast
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmilan

Hi at all, it's possible install this ROM on other devices? such as smarphone, raspberry Pi, VM...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
22nd November 2018, 04:23 PM |#1808  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borxnx

This is only for the Chromecast

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is there any possibility to cast on other device with Google technologies?
28th December 2018, 05:56 PM |#1809  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Eureka no longer works with several apps including Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaker

Hey, Im having problems casting to my Chromecast with Eureka (44433.001). Works flawless from youtube, but from Chrome or any other source I cant get it to cast. I can choose the chromecast to cast to, but after some seconds of "connecting" it goes back to those beutiful screensaver images

Help on this would be appreciated.

It has been a very long time since suppopt was dropped by the developers, I presume partly due to the need for constant revisions to keep Netflix working, and also due to the fact this won't work except with a small population of early Chromecast 1 devices. If your Chromecast wasn't rooted in 2014, then just forget it!

All the sources are on GitHub and you can roll your own updated version, but I believe you are on your own and there are few real benefits. That said, the code there is quite nice! Again, Chromecast devices since 2014 also lack the required exploit.
12th February 2019, 12:23 PM |#1810  
Flag North Pole
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Can I install Kodi using this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)