FORUMS

[ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 318

Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2019, 09:38 PM |#1811  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I got two Chromecasts on latest Eureka 44433.001.... just found them deep in my collectables. They no longer work as intended: no Netflix, no casting Chrome->Chromecast, ...

I missed Flashcast-AutoRoot. But this script no longer works with current firmwares.
1st October 2019, 09:52 PM |#1812  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatty

I got two Chromecasts on latest Eureka 44433.001.... just found them deep in my collectables. They no longer work as intended: no Netflix, no casting Chrome->Chromecast, ...

Yeah, the last Eureka ROM build was years ago and FlashCast AutoRoot hasn't worked anymore for years as well.
You'll either have to build your own firmware based on the info from the FlashCast AutoRoot thread or permanently return to stock firmware and let it update (remember there's NO getting root back afterward!)
1st October 2019, 10:20 PM |#1813  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

You'll either have to build your own firmware based on the info from the FlashCast AutoRoot thread or ...

Thanks for the info. Have you ever built your own firmware? I wonder if these scripts still work. I just want latest Google firmware with ssh in place
1st October 2019, 11:41 PM |#1814  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the info. Have you ever built your own firmware? I wonder if these scripts still work. I just want latest Google firmware with ssh in place

No, firmware builds are way out of my league. Never had the time or sufficient interest to pursue it.
30th April 2020, 07:29 AM |#1815  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
1. KenMacD had built a bootable image by using eureka kernel with system version 124602 in another thread.
This is slightly older system, but possible may work for your needs.

2. I posted a method to loopmount a 159268 rooted system after booting the last rooted build and then restartiing services. There is not much risk of running into bricking issues with this method, since the modifications does not cause permanent change to boot process of old system. So if you mess up, a power cycle would get you back to where you were originally.

3. It is also possible to use the kernel KenMacD used and modify the initrd, and combine it with 159268 rooted system image and have it natively boot. There is some more risk on this, if you don't know what you are doing. I am sure many folks in here can build this, but I am not sure whether anyone still have the interest to spend the time to do the required testing etc before publishing a foolproof build and instructions on this. (vs with step 2 you don't need enough rigourous testing before publishing, since it is not permanent mod).

Quote:

1st October 2020, 09:55 AM |#1816  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does this rom work on chromecast gen 1?
1st October 2020, 04:48 PM |#1817  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigas001

Does this rom work on chromecast gen 1?

It's ONLY for Chromecast gen 1 (2012) as both the original exploit and the HubCap exploit were fixed before the second-generation (circular) Chromecast was released, so
  1. This firmware probably wouldn't recognize/support the newer hardware
  2. There isn't a way to flash it onto the newer hardware anyway (unless there's been an new exploit discovered? I don't frequent the 2015/newer Chromecast sections)
15th October 2020, 09:35 PM |#1818  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is this for the new google chromecast with google TV?
Sorry for my Bad English
I will root my new Google Chromecast with google TV and connect VPN to my Fritzbox.
Is there a solution for this???
15th October 2020, 09:55 PM |#1819  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel_Jo

Sorry for my Bad English
I will root my new Google Chromecast with google TV and connect VPN to my Fritzbox.
Is there a solution for this???

If you're talking about any Chromecast variant other than the ORIGINAL 2012 version (is not a circular "puck") then not that I'm aware of, though I don't frequent the Chromecast (2015) or other Chromecast sections, so perhaps an exploit was found for those newer models.

Even if you do have an original 2012 Chromecast, it must NOT have had its firmware updated. This is highly UNlikely if you have already used it, as it will automatically update with an Internet connection.

I would investigate getting/using a router that can handle the VPN for you. Then you do not need to root or change anything on the Chromecast side.
15th October 2020, 10:02 PM |#1820  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

If you're talking about any Chromecast variant other than the ORIGINAL 2012 version (is not a circular "puck") then not that I'm aware of, though I don't frequent the Chromecast (2015) or other Chromecast sections, so perhaps an exploit was found for those newer models.

Even if you do have an original 2012 Chromecast, it must NOT have had its firmware updated. This is highly UNlikely if you have already used it, as it will automatically update with an Internet connection.

I would investigate getting/using a router that can handle the VPN for you. Then you do not need to root or change anything on the Chromecast side.

I have the new Chromecast 2020. I wait for a root Method.
Ok i try with a Router for VPN connection.

Thanks for Help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)