FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Increase Over all Sound Volume CM11 4.4.2 (Flashable) (01-25-14)

3,907 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,080
 
By kaos420, Recognized Contributor on 22nd December 2013, 07:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐

Quote:

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. THIS IS DESIGNED FOR THE SPRINT SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.FLASHING THIS MAY/WILL RUIN YOUR DEVICE. MYSELF & XDA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE.
what we have below is a modified system file that will increase your over all speaker volumes on your CM11 Based Aosp rom.


[quote]
installation instructions.
Download Appropriate file place on internal or external sd. reboot to recovery flash zip. wipe cache & dalvik cache. reboot .....profit.
Quote:

1. 80% Audio Mod Download


Please remember to hit thank you. plus let me know it worked for you as well.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kaos420 Ad-Free
 
 
22nd December 2013, 11:00 PM |#2  
Ferenczy68's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bell, FL
Thanks Meter: 178
 
More
I flashed this but I'm not hearing any gain with this mod on CM11. I've used your other sound increase mods (on both TW & AOSP ROMs) and they were excellent. This time no discernible difference. I did try manually replacing the snd_soc_msm_2x with your AOSP version, it boot looped so I went back to OEM. Ideas?
23rd December 2013, 04:28 PM |#3  
kaos420's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 2,080
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferenczy68

I flashed this but I'm not hearing any gain with this mod on CM11. I've used your other sound increase mods (on both TW & AOSP ROMs) and they were excellent. This time no discernible difference. I did try manually replacing the snd_soc_msm_2x with your AOSP version, it boot looped so I went back to OEM. Ideas?

I'll look at it tonight. Works great for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
24th December 2013, 02:05 AM |#4  
JoeyDuran's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Spring
Thanks Meter: 2,220
 
Donate to Me
More
im checking it out right now on Beanstalk 4.4.2...just creating a backup at the moment. is there going to be a fully boosted volume version? when i was on wicked sensations i had a sound mod extreme that i downloaded from their updater and i loved how loud that was. will post back in a few for the results

update: its a no go. did not increase the volume at all. tried flashing a few times and still nothing hopefully it gets fixed soon, i really love to have my phone loud. thank you for your work though.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeyDuran For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeyDuran Ad-Free
25th January 2014, 04:21 PM |#5  
kaos420's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 2,080
 
Donate to Me
More
Try this [first post updated new zip.
25th January 2014, 05:17 PM |#6  
tempest6253's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
works great running liquid smooth 3.0 .Doesn't seem to have any effect on Bluetooth volume though. If there's a way to apply it to Bluetooth volume that would be great .I don't use wired head phones just Bluetooth so I can say if it works on wired headphones or not .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 07:43 PM |#7  
kaos420's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 2,080
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest6253

works great running liquid smooth 3.0 .Doesn't seem to have any effect on Bluetooth volume though. If there's a way to apply it to Bluetooth volume that would be great .I don't use wired head phones just Bluetooth so I can say if it works on wired headphones or not .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

more then likely i would have to search trough let me look at it. but now we have a over all speaker tweak. i did ringer speaker. voice speaker in call as well is louder.

first post updated
25th January 2014, 08:10 PM |#8  
tempest6253's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
just tried it out on slimkat also works great on slim to.Thank you much for getting this working

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
25th January 2014, 10:12 PM |#9  
kaos420's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 2,080
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest6253

just tried it out on slimkat also works great on slim to.Thank you much for getting this working

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

it should work on any 4.2.2 aosp based roms.

also i don't think Bluetooth is going to happen louder. looked through the file nothing is jumping out at me.
27th January 2014, 02:46 AM |#10  
eddieleed's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
[QUOTE=kaos420;48732534]

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐




Quote:

installation instructions.
Download Appropriate file place on internal or external sd. reboot to recovery flash zip. wipe cache & dalvik cache. reboot .....profit.



Please remember to hit thank you. plus let me know it worked for you as well.

worked great with my verizon galaxy s3 hellkat 4.4.2....thank u very much
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eddieleed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddieleed Ad-Free
29th January 2014, 05:32 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Good looking out. Mod works on Sprint Hellfire as well.

Only two small issues. As someone else mentioned, it doesn't appear to effect bluetooth call volume. Another issue I've ran into is when I am in a call and switch to bluetooth, everything works fine. The next call I make will have very low volume. I have to decrease the volume and then increase it in order for it to work at regular volume.
The Following User Says Thank You to ReppinTheSouth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ReppinTheSouth Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes