This app includes two simple 1x1 widgets that shows the number of unread notifications on your Gear.
I also has the option to play custom sounds based on what application is sending the notification.
A great tutorial for using this widget is made by almulder1092 and available here!
* Tap widget = Manual update or notifications app launch.
* Play sound upon recieved notification, either a default sound or custom sound per application.
* Trigger update upon ScreenOn and when the Stock notification app is launched
* Customized Text size
* Customized Text Color
* Customized background
* Shows a 0 or a blank spot upon 0 onread notifications
Widget 1 - Bold Text:
* Bold text
Widget 2 - Normal Text:
* Normal text
The app needs SU access since it chmods the badge.db where the unread notifications is listed. Haven´t found any other way around that yet.
Tip: Go into SuperSU and click on NotiCounter Widget and select to inactivate Notifications so you don´t need to see the splash screen every time the app requests SU rights.
Keep in mind to use only one widget at a time to keep away from trouble. If you want to change any settings, remove widget from home screen, change settings with app and then put the new widget on home screen.
Click to show the full Changlog.
- Fixed the off centre issue
- FC´s should be gone now!
- Added two new Widgets that don´t use the ScreenOn Intent and only updates on time basis (3 min/update) May not be useful since the FC´s now are solved anyways.
- Settings added - Start app first and choose settings, then add your widget on Home Screen
- Sound can be played upon recieved notification, choose a custom file of choice. Works only if Screen On is choosen.
- Set update interval: Screen On or a custom time of choice.
- A total of 6 widgets, all with different layouts (See earlier in post). Settings applies on all widgets.
- Bugfix: multiple instances of widget running in background wich made sound weird when enabled.
- Built in sound file added, just tick the "Play sound?" box and not choose any custom file and the built in file will be used instead.
- Tap the widget and the Notification App opens! turn this feature on in settings. If box is unticked a tap updates the count as in prevoius versions.
- SU rights requested from Settings app and with visuals telling when app is ready. Please remove widgets on home screen before update app. (Using an external library for SU request so I can´t do anything about the sometimes long waiting times during update)
- Added two Experimental widgets (Elipse and Round) wich both triggers their update when the badge.db file i written to. This means that the widget will update upon reading the incoming notifications aswell! Screen on settings and update time is not important in these widgets. Please try this and come back with feedback.
- Since the last Experimental release didn´t work for anyone but me... Here´s another one with a total rethink about updating widget after notification reading. Please tick the ScreenOn box before adding the experimental widgets. Update as previous versions.
- Some users have experienced problems with multiple services (ghost widgets) starting in the background when updating to null_ 17 (Have no clue why yet, seems quite random) As a sollution for this I´we added a setting that makes it possible to Lock a single widget. Use it like this: Enter settings and tick the "Lock one widget" box, choose the widget you plan to use in the menu to the right. Save and go back to the Home Screen and put the widget on there as usual. If a service tries to start it will automatically get destroyed. If you try to add another widget it will update the first time and then get destroyed (Still be visible on Home Screen but be "dead")
- Disabled the option to choose "Screen On" or update time since that might be a thing that´s causing the above issue, Screen On is default now.
- The multiple service issue wasn´t null_ related. The services had one single line saying they would autostart at boot, wich mean that when we all upgraded to new rom and rebooted all services got autostarted, Plain silly! This is changed in this release. The "Lock widget" stays for a while just to be sure that this was the full problem.
- HUGE UPDATE!
- Rebuilt GUI with Holo Theme to match null_ rom
- New Icon, Thanks fOmey for that!
- Sound on Gear vibrate mode only (If Gear is set to silent or sound, the widget sound won´t play)
- Experimenal widgets from 0.10b is now default
- ScreenOn is now default, time based update is removed, widget will NEVER update upon Screen Off.
- Custom sounds added."Edit List" shows a list off the custom apps you´we chosen."Add Apps" shows the list of notifications, tap an app name to set a sound for that application.
- A sound library with 11 files is attached, will be copied to /sdcard/NotiCounter upon first launch.
- I may have forgotten something aswell..
Note1 about Custom sound function:
Since Samsung doesn´t close their SQL db as they supposed to I have to do a major file operation before I can pull the name of the incoming notification. Thats why there´s a slight delay (aprox 2-3 sec) before the sound will play! Nothing I can do about that atm.
Note2: In order to add custom sounds for your apps, your gear will need to have a notification from the app already on the gear or the list will be empty. Thanks almulder1092 for the Feedback
- Quick Fix release
- Bug that caused an error if no sound file was selected is fixed
- a Silent soundfile is copied to /system/media/audio/notifications upon first start off app and with a reminder to choose that file if you want sound enabled on the Gear. The reminder shows if you tick the "Use sound" box and have Sound choosen as option in Gear settings. A reboot is necessary to see the new file in Gear sound settings!
- the Silent soundfile is copied to /sdcard/notifications instead. Wasn´t working well in /system/
- the old soundfile placed in /system/ is autoremoved when starting app for the first time.
- When no sound file is selected, the GUI will show the text "Default" instead of a blank.
- Most informative messageboxes only shows on the first start off the app.
- Added a Restore Settings button wich restores all saved data made by the app.
- Thanks to almulder1092 for the excellent test drive off this release!
1.0 - Stable
- First stable release!
- The Add App list is now showing the apps selected under Notifications in Gear Manager.
- Text size is configurable
- Text color is configurable, it´s set using the RGB colorpicker showed in the post above.
- Background now has 4 options, Elipse, Round, Transparent and custom, last option let´s you choose whatever image file you want!
- Show 0 or blank spot (at 0 unread notifications) at any background, not limited to Transparent no more.
- Added three power saving modes (Not that it´s a battery hog but it´s better to let the user decide how to update!)
- New custom built filemanager wich fits nicely on the Gear screen.
1.1 - Stable
- Fixed a bug that caused an FC if "Play Sound" was activated but no sound file was manually selected.
NotiCounter Widget v1.1
If you want an earlier release, all is listed here!)
Goes to fOmey for the null_ Rom and the finding of the badge.db file!
And to almulder1092 for the excellent bughunt!
And to the Donors: