Thanks a lot
Hello! I have an DOPO EM63 tablet. I was using XBMC. After the device crashed two times successively, my device was bricked, and I was in a constant boot loop. Recovery options did nothing to help. I was able to find the firmware I am providing here on Envizen's website. DOPO does not provide firmware, and quite frankly they never replied to my email requesting tech support. Very tacky indeed.
I am a new user, so I can't post links. In the links given below please replace (*) and (,) with (/) and (.) respectively. I am posting to this topic because I figured rather than clutter the forum with a new post, let me answer an old question has already been asked. I know it was a while ago, and maybe useless to the OP now, but maybe this will help someone else in the near future. Please note this tutorial is broken in two parts Fixing & Rooting. So, without further ado, let's fix your EM63.
Fixing your EM63:
1) Download Envizen's EM63 firmware at Envizen Digital at: (envizendigital,com*index,php*products*con*id*73)
2) Unpack the raw contents of the .zip to the root of your SD card.
3) Insert the SD card and start the EM63 device.
4) Install will complete on its own, DO NOT reboot your device during this time.
5) After the firmware installation is completed remove the SD card and configure your device as usual.
Rooting your device:
1) Download Moborobo at (moborobo,com*products*moborobo,html)
2) Download Cydia Impactor at (cydiaimpactor,com)
3) After installing Moborobo and unpacking Cydia Impactor, start Moborobo and connect your Android device.
4) Once a connection is made in Moborobo, start Impactor. Do not change the default settings. Press "Start".
5) Once the process is complete you should see the device reboot. If it doesn't that's okay! Proceed to Step 6.
If you don't have Root, repeat steps 4 through 6 once more.
6) Download 'Root Checker'
7) Download 'SuperUser' from Google Play once you have confirmed Root.
7) Enjoy your unbricked & easily rooted EM63 tablet.
The manufacturers of this tablet are Emdoor. Ematic, DOPO, and Envizen have all branded this tablet. It is a Google Certified tablet. This tutorial should theoretically work with Envizen's EM63 & EM63 COSMOS tablets. The firmware is made for both tablet versions. The difference is the there is a front/back camera setup on the EM63 COSMOS device, while the EM63 only has one front camera. Hopefully someone can bake a custom Rom from this firmware. That would be fun!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|