Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Bricked my generic tablet, how do I fix it?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MarkNut, Junior Member on 24th December 2013, 06:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay, so I have a Double Power EM63 tablet from Walmart. I believe it is identical to the Ematic EM63 and the MID-AM789 (Google "AM789" for specs since I apparently can't post links yet). I rooted it using Shaume (It's not in english, I just clicked the button that said "root"). I was trying to improve the tablets gaming performance, so I installed the Chainfire 3D driver, and now my tablet won't boot. It gets stuck on the "DOPO" logo, never gets to the boot animation. I can enter recovery mode, so I tried the "wipe/reset" option, but it didn't help. I think I need the stock ROM or a compatible custom ROM to flash to the tablet so it can run again, but I can't find any ROMs that would work and don't really know how to flash it. I have some basic knowledge of Android devices, but not a lot, so I need someone to walk me through fixing my tablet...

Thanks a lot

25th December 2013, 02:30 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Bump. Still need a ROM...
25th December 2013, 08:48 AM |#3  
Flag Bogor
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNut

Bump. Still need a ROM...

have you try enter to recovery menu?
and wipe data
or you can try to flash with other rom which have similiar spec with yours
25th December 2013, 02:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 909

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidinterest

have you try enter to recovery menu?
and wipe data
or you can try to flash with other rom which have similiar spec with yours

No you cannot, this will most definately brick his device if he does so. You can only flash roms for your device! No matter how similar, all devices are different
25th December 2013, 09:53 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice5813

No you cannot, this will most definately brick his device if he does so. You can only flash roms for your device! No matter how similar, all devices are different

Yes, and this is why I need a ROM that will work for my device. I've tried contacting both Ematic and Double Power to try and get the ROM, but no luck so far.
30th December 2013, 05:33 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Oh well...
I ended up returning the tablet to the store I bought it from. I guess the lesson here is to not buy generic tablets and to make backups.
19th January 2014, 01:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
I recently bought the double power em63 tab. How do I root it?

Any custom roms?
3rd June 2014, 06:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up Repair & Root Your EM63 Device - (Full Instructions - Firmware Included)
Hello! I have an DOPO EM63 tablet. I was using XBMC. After the device crashed two times successively, my device was bricked, and I was in a constant boot loop. Recovery options did nothing to help. I was able to find the firmware I am providing here on Envizen's website. DOPO does not provide firmware, and quite frankly they never replied to my email requesting tech support. Very tacky indeed.

I am a new user, so I can't post links. In the links given below please replace (*) and (,) with (/) and (.) respectively. I am posting to this topic because I figured rather than clutter the forum with a new post, let me answer an old question has already been asked. I know it was a while ago, and maybe useless to the OP now, but maybe this will help someone else in the near future. Please note this tutorial is broken in two parts Fixing & Rooting. So, without further ado, let's fix your EM63.

Fixing your EM63:
1) Download Envizen's EM63 firmware at Envizen Digital at: (envizendigital,com*index,php*products*con*id*73)
2) Unpack the raw contents of the .zip to the root of your SD card.
3) Insert the SD card and start the EM63 device.
4) Install will complete on its own, DO NOT reboot your device during this time.
5) After the firmware installation is completed remove the SD card and configure your device as usual.

Rooting your device:
1) Download Moborobo at (moborobo,com*products*moborobo,html)
2) Download Cydia Impactor at (cydiaimpactor,com)
3) After installing Moborobo and unpacking Cydia Impactor, start Moborobo and connect your Android device.
4) Once a connection is made in Moborobo, start Impactor. Do not change the default settings. Press "Start".
5) Once the process is complete you should see the device reboot. If it doesn't that's okay! Proceed to Step 6.
If you don't have Root, repeat steps 4 through 6 once more.
6) Download 'Root Checker'
7) Download 'SuperUser' from Google Play once you have confirmed Root.
7) Enjoy your unbricked & easily rooted EM63 tablet.

The manufacturers of this tablet are Emdoor. Ematic, DOPO, and Envizen have all branded this tablet. It is a Google Certified tablet. This tutorial should theoretically work with Envizen's EM63 & EM63 COSMOS tablets. The firmware is made for both tablet versions. The difference is the there is a front/back camera setup on the EM63 COSMOS device, while the EM63 only has one front camera. Hopefully someone can bake a custom Rom from this firmware. That would be fun!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DFleur For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DFleur Ad-Free
11th June 2014, 05:01 PM |#9  

More
Smile DOPO EM63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFleur

Hello! I have an DOPO EM63 tablet. I was using XBMC. After the device crashed two times successively, my device was bricked, and I was in a constant boot loop. Recovery options did nothing to help. I was able to find the firmware I am providing here on Envizen's website. DOPO does not provide firmware, and quite frankly they never replied to my email requesting tech support. Very tacky indeed.

I am a new user, so I can't post links. In the links given below please replace (*) and (,) with (/) and (.) respectively. I am posting to this topic because I figured rather than clutter the forum with a new post, let me answer an old question has already been asked. I know it was a while ago, and maybe useless to the OP now, but maybe this will help someone else in the near future. Please note this tutorial is broken in two parts Fixing & Rooting. So, without further ado, let's fix your EM63.

Fixing your EM63:
1) Download Envizen's EM63 firmware at Envizen Digital at: (envizendigital,com*index,php*products*con*id*73)
2) Unpack the raw contents of the .zip to the root of your SD card.
3) Insert the SD card and start the EM63 device.
4) Install will complete on its own, DO NOT reboot your device during this time.
5) After the firmware installation is completed remove the SD card and configure your device as usual.

Rooting your device:
1) Download Moborobo at (moborobo,com*products*moborobo,html)
2) Download Cydia Impactor at (cydiaimpactor,com)
3) After installing Moborobo and unpacking Cydia Impactor, start Moborobo and connect your Android device.
4) Once a connection is made in Moborobo, start Impactor. Do not change the default settings. Press "Start".
5) Once the process is complete you should see the device reboot. If it doesn't that's okay! Proceed to Step 6.
If you don't have Root, repeat steps 4 through 6 once more.
6) Download 'Root Checker'
7) Download 'SuperUser' from Google Play once you have confirmed Root.
7) Enjoy your unbricked & easily rooted EM63 tablet.

The manufacturers of this tablet are Emdoor. Ematic, DOPO, and Envizen have all branded this tablet. It is a Google Certified tablet. This tutorial should theoretically work with Envizen's EM63 & EM63 COSMOS tablets. The firmware is made for both tablet versions. The difference is the there is a front/back camera setup on the EM63 COSMOS device, while the EM63 only has one front camera. Hopefully someone can bake a custom Rom from this firmware. That would be fun!

Thank you. I was able to restore my DOPO EM63 using the firmware from Envizen and guidance above.
4th July 2014, 05:42 PM |#10  

More
I am getting an Account Suspended page when I try the Envizen Digital site above. Does anyone have a copy of the EM63 ROM they can upload or email?
5th July 2014, 04:39 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBellew

I am getting an Account Suspended page when I try the Envizen Digital site above. Does anyone have a copy of the EM63 ROM they can upload or email?

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e_20140507.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Trekker56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Trekker56 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)