9,554 posts
Thanks Meter: 33,216

By Phil3759, Inactive Recognized Developer on 28th December 2013, 09:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th November 2014, 05:57 PM |#71  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,826

More
The recovery.img is not for a specific software version of your device. The loki script extracts your current original aboot partition and uses that to make a specific encoded recovery image with the .lok extension. The lok file is then used to flash your recovery partition that was encoded with your specific aboot partition. The aboot partition never changes.

Edit: the aboot might need to be downgraded if it is patched to not work with the loki_tool. You can verify if your aboot is still supported by loki_tool by trying to patch the recovery to make a lok recovery file.
25th November 2014, 03:35 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 288

Donate to Me
More
Looking for a little help, here.

Never had an issue like this before. I was running LRS 2.5 did a factory reset. Ended up in a boot loop. FInally got to PhilZ recovery and tried to flash a new ROM(tried several) but all I can ever do is reboot to recovery. Tried Philz, CWM and TWRP 2.8

Any help appreciate.4

Uupdate:
Never mind, still no idea what happened, but was able to use the LG tool to return to stock. phew
7th December 2014, 04:26 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Still can't get to TWRP
I do the button push and get to a screen that says: HARD FACTORY RESET. I push the power button twice and still get the error secure boot error, certification error at the top of the screen.
10th December 2014, 03:46 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakko222

I do the button push and get to a screen that says: HARD FACTORY RESET. I push the power button twice and still get the error secure boot error, certification error at the top of the screen.

I know on some configs you must wait a few minutes after the "Hard Factory Reset" screen is still present. It should eventually open TWRP...
31st March 2016, 01:48 AM |#75  
New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just picked up a used V500 which had an older version of CM12.1 (Aug 2015). When I tried to install the latest nightly I am getting a "installation aborted" error. Any ideas? Thanks.
31st March 2016, 10:33 AM |#76  
Flag Galati, Romania
Thanks Meter: 596

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschramm

Just picked up a used V500 which had an older version of CM12.1 (Aug 2015). When I tried to install the latest nightly I am getting a "installation aborted" error. Any ideas? Thanks.

You should update to a newer recovery, like TWRP 2.8.7.1 if you don't want TWRP 3.0.0, which is not perfectly stable, as some users said in the TWRP thread. This recovery is a little outdated and it does not seem that it will be updated any time soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to tmihai20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tmihai20 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)