Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Newbie Friendly] Zooper Q&A Help Thread

671 posts
Thanks Meter: 370

By Rickav, Senior Member on 30th December 2013, 01:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ask Your Zooper Question!

Having gone through the, at the moment of typing, 7 pages in this subforum; it quickly became apparent that a lot of members had questions they wanted answered regarding varying components of Zooper Widget Pro ranging from problems "caused" by it to some coding/programming help.

My aim is to create a singular thread where members can dump all of their queries and, hopefully, in that process help each other out where possible. Of course, it wouldn't go amiss if a few wisened senior members (read: not me) can drop in every now and then to aid replying to the questions. If you have some niche/specific questions, by all means go ahead and create your own thread if you can't find your solution here.

As thread starter, I'll make it clear that, unlike Zooper Widget, I'm no Pro. I've been playing around with UCCW for a long time until recently another member advised me to give Zooper a try. It's been a week since then, and I'm still being amazed by the features available. I've still got to learn more about integrating with Tasker in order to add even more functionality but I've got plenty of time to work that out.

Currently, I've been working on a mainly Zooper based homescreen pack which I may post later on. Suffice to say, I have basic knowledge of manipulating codes, editing layout, and dabbled my hands in progress bars, changing icon sets, etc. I think it would be a great idea to spread what I know and, perhaps, get something back as well.

Links to somewhat helpful resources which you should probably have a look at before making your post here:
- Zooper Widget - The Complete Guide VIDEO
- Zooper Widget Conditionals - The Basics VIDEO
- Zooper Widget - Advanced Parameters VIDEO
- Comprehensive list of Zooper Guides, References & Advanced Parameters as compiled by Kwerdenker XDA

Cheers.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rickav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rickav Ad-Free

30th December 2013, 05:24 PM |#2  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Okay, I'll start. I can't get my widget transparent. Under Widget Background I have moved the slider all the way to the right, but when I back out, the setting doesn't stick. Is this a Pro-only feature? Thanks
30th December 2013, 05:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sco'land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjohn

Okay, I'll start. I can't get my widget transparent. Under Widget Background I have moved the slider all the way to the right, but when I back out, the setting doesn't stick. Is this a Pro-only feature? Thanks

Definitely a free feature. Ensure you are doing the following:

- Select "Widget Background"
- Slide alpha handle all the way to the right until the first 2 characters after the number sign is 00
- Tap on the 2nd colour preview box (the one which shows the new colour) instead of backing out
- Select force update
- Exit Zooper configuration
- Background should be transparent now

Let me how you get along.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rickav For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rickav Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 06:23 PM |#4  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickav

Definitely a free feature. Ensure you are doing the following:

- Select "Widget Background"
- Slide alpha handle all the way to the right until the first 2 characters after the number sign is 00
- Tap on the 2nd colour preview box (the one which shows the new colour) instead of backing out
- Select force update
- Exit Zooper configuration
- Background should be transparent now

Let me how you get along.

That worked! Tapping the 2nd color preview box was the trick. Thanks very much! Attached is a screenshot of my humble beginnings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-30-11-16-33[1].jpg
Views:	3697
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	2483796  
30th December 2013, 08:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sco'land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjohn

That worked! Tapping the 2nd color preview box was the trick. Thanks very much! Attached is a screenshot of my humble beginnings.

Brilliant... The first happy customer of the thread. Hopefully, the first of many to come...
31st December 2013, 05:01 PM |#6  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a question about creating a network status Iconset. I read through the official zooper post about creating a battery set, then I changed that to network variables. I set up the images and the config xml and everything "seems" to be ok. When I create the widget and call the Iconset it displays only full signal. I also called dbm and ncsig separately in a text module to compare and troubleshoot.

I get a constant full signal Iconset, 85 dbm and 99% signal without change throughout the day.

I'm at work so I can't post my config text but I set it up to look at ncsig mode and display different icons depending on if ncsig=0 ncsig>0 ncsig>25 ncsig>50.. Etc. I'm not sure what is exactly wrong but nothing updates or changes.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy, usually getting 4G, with a custom Paranoid Android ROM 3.99+ and I'm using lightning launcher. I would consider myself an advanced User but I can't find any real resources for signal status and bars to work this out on my own.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
31st December 2013, 06:28 PM |#7  
Recognized Themer
Flag Probably the Zooper Forums
Thanks Meter: 2,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .ax

I have a question about creating a network status Iconset. I read through the official zooper post about creating a battery set, then I changed that to network variables. I set up the images and the config xml and everything "seems" to be ok. When I create the widget and call the Iconset it displays only full signal. I also called dbm and ncsig separately in a text module to compare and troubleshoot.

I get a constant full signal Iconset, 85 dbm and 99% signal without change throughout the day.

I'm at work so I can't post my config text but I set it up to look at ncsig mode and display different icons depending on if ncsig=0 ncsig>0 ncsig>25 ncsig>50.. Etc. I'm not sure what is exactly wrong but nothing updates or changes.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy, usually getting 4G, with a custom Paranoid Android ROM 3.99+ and I'm using lightning launcher. I would consider myself an advanced User but I can't find any real resources for signal status and bars to work this out on my own.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Without seeing your iconset XML I can't say much but here is my current variant to emulate a network status display. These values follow the ones used in Androids SignalStrength.java.
Code:
$[#NCSIG#>=12] && [#NCSIG#<99]?4$
$[#NCSIG#>=8] && [#NCSIG#<12]?3$
$[#NCSIG#>=5] && [#NCSIG#<8]?2$
$[#NCSIG#>2] && [#NCSIG#<5]?1$
$[#NCSIG#<=2] || [#NCSIG#=99]?0$
Hope this helps you out
31st December 2013, 07:52 PM |#8  
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwerdenker

Without seeing your iconset XML I can't say much but here is my current variant to emulate a network status display. These values follow the ones used in Androids SignalStrength.java.

Code:
$[#NCSIG#>=12] && [#NCSIG#<99]?4$
$[#NCSIG#>=8] && [#NCSIG#<12]?3$
$[#NCSIG#>=5] && [#NCSIG#<8]?2$
$[#NCSIG#>2] && [#NCSIG#<5]?1$
$[#NCSIG#<=2] || [#NCSIG#=99]?0$
Hope this helps you out

SOOOO sorry I posted in your thread, I was on my xda app and I didn't notice it was all on your screens, didn't mean to muck it up.

Those last few variable lines look foreign to me, I haven't seen the signalstrenght.java, I'll have to take a look.

This is super basic, I'm completely based of limited examples online, I can't find any resources on code for the signal anywhere. I'd love some resources if you have any. I can pick apart code to make things work for me I just need to see working examples.

My config.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <!-- #NCSIG# 25% Bars -->
- <config>
<title>Cell Status Icons</title>
<description>Cell / Alarm Set</description>
<demo>demo.png</demo>
<icons>icons</icons>
<default>alarm2.png</default>
<mode value="#NCSIG#">Cell Signal</mode>
<mode value="Alarm">Alarm Set/Not Set</mode>
- <condition>
<test>#MODE#=Alarm</test>
- <condition>
<test>#SALARM#=Not Set</test>
<image>alarm2.png</image>
</condition>
- <condition>
<test>1=1</test>
<image>alarm1.png</image>
</condition>
</condition>
- <condition>
<test>#NCSIG#>75</test>
<image>signal-4.png</image>
</condition>
- <condition>
<test>#NCSIG#>50</test>
<image>signal-3.png</image>
</condition>
- <condition>
<test>#NCSIG#>25</test>
<image>signal-2.png</image>
</condition>
- <condition>
<test>#NCSIG#>0</test>
<image>signal-1.png</image>
</condition>
- <condition>
<test>#NCSIG#=0</test>
<image>signal-0.png</image>
</condition>
</config>

1st January 2014, 09:11 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Is there any way to get an unread count of all unread emails in K9 Mail? I tried following the instructions here: http://www.zooper.org/wp/old/topic/email-widget but I don't see how to get the folder_id of the INBOX folder or how to add multiple accounts together.
2nd January 2014, 04:08 AM |#10  

More
problem with zw skin
hello everyone..happy new year to all...need some assistance...I'm having trouble with my zooper pro widget...i can't add any skin to my homescreen and it keeps popping out not responding...this happens to me for over a month now and i don't know what else to do...i changed ROMs, install and uninstall my zooper, clear cache and and any that i can possibly think of...i'm currently using PA 4.0 beta ROM and zooper pro v2.44...please anyone...i need some help..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-02-05-43-21.png
Views:	1626
Size:	139.4 KB
ID:	2488636  
2nd January 2014, 01:12 PM |#11  
Recognized Themer
Flag Probably the Zooper Forums
Thanks Meter: 2,547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .ax

SOOOO sorry I posted in your thread, I was on my xda app and I didn't notice it was all on your screens, didn't mean to muck it up.

Those last few variable lines look foreign to me, I haven't seen the signalstrenght.java, I'll have to take a look.

This is super basic, I'm completely based of limited examples online, I can't find any resources on code for the signal anywhere. I'd love some resources if you have any. I can pick apart code to make things work for me I just need to see working examples.

I'll try to translate it to more "human readable" terms:
$[#NCSIG#>=12] && [#NCSIG#<99]?4$ => If #NCSIG# is equal-or-larger then 12 and smaller then 99, signal strength is four bars
$[#NCSIG#>=8] && [#NCSIG#<12]?3$ => If #NCSIG# is equal-or-larger then 8 and smaller then 12, signal strength is three bars
$[#NCSIG#>=5] && [#NCSIG#<8]?2$ => If #NCSIG# is equal-or-larger then 5 and smaller then 8, signal strength is two bars
$[#NCSIG#>2] && [#NCSIG#<5]?1$ => If #NCSIG# is equal-or-larger then 2 and smaller then 5, signal strength is one bar
$[#NCSIG#<=2] || [#NCSIG#=99]?0$ => If #NCSIG# is equal-or-smaller then 2 or or equal to 99, signal strength is not existent (special case)

You would have to port these conditionals as <test>'s to make your icon set. You can see from your XML that your values for NSIG were not in the correct value-range to make the icon change in any way
If you haven't seen it yet, here is the official tutorial on how to make icon sets for Zooper that explains the general structure and some caveats you have to keep in mind: Simple ZW Battery Iconset example
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
newbie help, question and answer thread, zooper widget pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)