What you might want to know and should know about Kit Kat 4.4
4.4 Kit Kat: Everything You Need to Know & Here or Developers website
i9000 Current Development
4.4 Kit Kat ROM's developed by XDA members for i9000:-
- Omni ROM 4.4 Kit Kat by @kasper_h
- [4.4.2]Omni for the Galaxy S I9000 by @SferaDev
- Mackay ROM 4.4 by @kasper_h
- [KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM @kasper_h
- Unofficial CM 11 nightlies by @pawitp
- Official CM 11
- CyanAOSP KK4.4 v1.0.0 by @ts1506 (For gaming...stable)
- C-RoM -4.4-2 by @aways
- [4.4.2] SlimKat - I9000 [BETA] by @mnazim
- KK 4.4 Dandrio by @Monkey_Grass
- [4.4.2]Paranoid Android by @SferaDev
- EHNDROIX IV 14.1.1 by @AlessandroXCV
- [KK][05.01.2014]CenterClockDate+Color - transparent + S3/S4 Themed [CM Based] by @rodman01
- [UNOFFICIAL][AOSP][4.4.2][KOT49H] SuperNexus 4.0 - galaxysmtd - Build 1 [05-01-14] by @ts1506
- Mokee Opensource Project RELEASE Ver. MK 44.2 (kitkat 4.4.2) by @segu45
- [4.4.2] IllusionRom [Experimental] by @ driodmaster92
- [linaro] Lightweight CM11 with Mackay kernel by @djdeeles
- [4.4.2][AOSP]Smasher X Mini -5.0.3- by @Cjen1987
- [4.4] Avatar ROM for Samsung Galaxy S (galaxysmtd) by @bippi79
- [UNOFFICIAL][AOSP][KK][4.4.2][KOT49H] SuperNexus 4.0 BUILD1 - I9000 by @aways
- [AOSP][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] CarbonRom by @The_Wolf91
- [OMNI] [Team D.I.R.T] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 - Galaxysmtd v5.0 by @The_Wolf91
- [4.4.2] VanirAOSP [Unofficial] by @driodmaster92
- [4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.0 by @rodman01
- [4.4.2][06/02/14]Beanstalk I9000 Unofficial by @sooti
- [ROM][MULTI-OS]Project Seaspray - Touchwiz Resurructed [KITKAT] by @muftiazan
- [4.4.2 BUILD_3.1_BETA_i9000]NEW Dokdo-Project by @slg1119
- [4.4.2]Nameless ROM for the Galaxy S I9000 by @SferaDev
Gapps for 4.4 ROM's
Here | Here | Here | Here | Here
Kit Kat ROM's are still in Alpha/ Beta / RC stage as such will have unresolved problems and bugs.
Follow Developers Flashing Instructions as given in their thread & Report Bugs in their threads too.
Kitkat 4.4 Kernels developed by XDA members for i9000
- Semaphore by @stratosk
- Mackay kernel by @kasper_h & Here
- Cyancore Kernel by @ts1506
- Stock CM11 kernel + Linaro 4.8 and Mackay TWRP by @didhiy
- [KERNEL][4.4.2] NeatKernel v1.03 [cma][swap] by @mohammad.afaneh
- [KK 4.4][JB 4.3/4.2/4.1][ICS][MIUI][CWM/ODIN][I9000/B] GearKernel by @Alberto96
CWM 126.96.36.199 Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch 6.12.8 + exFAT + NTFS + MTK by @Phil3759
Apps that can be used for settings/system
- Trickster MOD - kernel manager
- SELinux Mode Changer
- NS Tools
- ZRAM Status
- Power Toggles
- Switchit - band selection
- Performance control
- Storage Analyzer
- LMK Whitelist v2.0
- OMNI Switch
- Semaphore Manager version 4.0.0
bigmem libs KK 4.4 JB 4.3
FAQ ( Frequently Asked Questions)
How can I flash Kit Kat on my i9000?
[Tutorial] How to Unbrick, Flash, Downgrade, Root, Update i9000 from Froyo to Kit Kat
You can Jump from Gingerbread 2.3.6 to JellyBean 4.3 to Kit Kat 4.4 ( meaning you need 4.3 recovery to flash Kit Kat 4.4 as well as a gingerbread 2.3.6 bootloader)
My Device not booting into Kit Kat, why?
Did you follow the given installation procedure by the developer of the ROM you chose? you can download the Zip again, or enter recovery and flash that zip again, (if you are sure the download was not corrupted). or flash a Kit Kat kernel
When using CWM recovery perform wipe data/factory reset and in mounts and storage section format system.
When using TWRP choose advanced in wipe section and wipe dalvik cache, cache, system and data.
to flash the ROM zip, let it boot first after that enter recovery and Flash the Gapps zip
How to solve Device working perfectly except it reboots into CWM randomly
Deactivate Deepidle in Semaphore manager appWhat is ART?
Read This & [Explained] ART Runtime in Android 4.4(kitkat)
[DISCUSSION] ART v DALVIK VM & Art Compatibility List of AppsWhat is CMA?
CMA means Contiguous Memory Allocator Read this for more details. It allows memory usually reserved for hardware to be freed for use by applications when such hardware are not in-use.Why "Development " option is missing ? How can I tick "USB Debugging"?
Click System Information in Settings and tap Build Version 7 times and Development Option will be unlocked
Why my Play store, google apps missing?
Flash the correct gapps , as suggested by the developerHow to get over crashes like "Unfortunately, the process android.process.......stopped"
Do a factory reset, if did not resolve format system too.
How to get over apps force closing?
Clear its data, cache and reboot, & you can uninstall and re-install that app, if that fails or do a full wipe of device
Why my External SD card not accessible in USB Storage Mode?
unresolved issue, workaround try mounting it in recoveryHow to get Root Access?
a) Update SU Binaries, reboot
b) Check Development Option for Root Access or performance settings for Superuser Settings
c) Flash Super Su Zip in .Recovery
Problems that may arise in the future : Read How To SU
How can I return to a 4.3 ROM from 4.4 ROM?
Flash a 4.2 Kernel (or lower for lower versions) and use the CWM Recovery to do the Full wipes, flash the 4.3 ROM you want and reboot.How to stop my notification light from staying on endlessly ?
Use Settings > Sounds > Quiet hours > tick Disable notification light
Getting metadata error when flashing?
Change your recovery to CWM 188.8.131.52 or latest TWRP
My "This" or "That" App is not working on Kit Kat, why?
Not All Apps may have been updated for Kit Kat, so try updating them at Play Store or wait for updates to be rolled out.
Having Delay during incoming calls
Do this ( Push these apps to /system/priv-app/ and reboot.)
How can I update CM?
Use CM Updater via Settings > CMUpdater > Config for Nightly searching or cyan delta app from play store to updateGetting unknown installation error "-24" when trying to install an app
Clear or delete previous data for that app in /data/data/
Why my sms converts to mms when message is long?
Use messaging app settings menu and untick group messaging or use 8sms or other SMS app to solve it
Getting "insufficient storage available" error message in the play store when trying to install an app?
Wipe dalvik cache, dalvik run-time cache and try again
Why Insufficient Storage? , getting "No space left on device"
Use Storage Analyzer app from Play Store to identify what is taking up space in /data and /datadata and delete junk files in itHow to run games without lags?
Try adjusting the DPI, follow this guide but do be careful
FAQ from Slimroms
FAQ from CyanAOSP