FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor CEO Thread

[GUIDE]Development for GalaxyTab 7.7 and Plus. How hard could it be?

1,628 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,280

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 1st January 2014, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2017, 05:36 PM |#101  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frami2

Hi Daniel,

as a beginner, I followed your great guide. My target is LinageOS cm13.

Sync went well after some iterations, my local_manifest.xml looks like this:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- device related -->
  <project path="hardware/atheros" name="danielhk/android_hardware_atheros_wlan"/>
  <project path="hardware/samsung" name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung"/>
  <project path="device/samsung/p6800" name="danielhk/android_device_samsung_p6800"/>
  <project path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode"/>
  <project path="vendor/samsung" name="danielhk/proprietary_vendor_samsung_smdk4210"/>
  <project path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab" name="danielhk/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab"/>
  <project path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210" name="danielhk/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210"/>
</manifest>
The "mka bacon" now fails with:

build/core/base_rules.mk:157: *** vendor/samsung/smdk4210-tab/props: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libUMP already defined by hardware/samsung/exynos4/hal/libUMP.

Furthermore - a minor issue maybe:
"images/tvdpi" missing. Seems to be a font, required.

Can you share your experience building cm13 before?

Thanks and Best Regards

A year or two is a few centuries in technology. CM/Lineage has changed a lot since cm-13.0. My "experience" was already obsolete for some time.

As far as I know and remember:
1. CM/Lineage now use opensource libUMP. You need to remark the libUMP entry in the Android.mk inside vendor/samsung/smdk4210-tab
2. tvdpi is also obsolete. You can use a symlink to say "xdpi". You may reference the links for some other dpi in the same folder.

Good luck!

5th April 2017, 03:24 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
libUMP.so in CM11
Hi @daniel_hk and @p3dboard

I'm still trying to succeed my first build. I'm now targeting CM11 - since this guide is about CM11. I followed your discussion regarding RIL and also commented out RIL things like P3dboard for now (but the chain of dependency seems to be a bit different in CM11). Now all RIL error are gone it seems.
Now, the error is regarding libUMP.so, required by libgralloc_ump in the exynos HAL area.
How is libUMP.so to be handled in CM11? I did'nt find it anywhere in my source tree neighter as source MODULE nor as prebuilt lib.

Later I would be curious how you finally solved to get RIL compiling

Thanks and Best regards
Frank
6th April 2017, 09:06 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Quote:

Hi

I'm still trying to succeed my first build. I'm now targeting CM11 - since this guide is about CM11. I followed your discussion regarding RIL and also commented out RIL things like P3dboard for now (but the chain of dependency seems to be a bit different in CM11). Now all RIL error are gone it seems.
Now, the error is regarding libUMP.so, required by libgralloc_ump in the exynos HAL area.
How is libUMP.so to be handled in CM11? I did'nt find it anywhere in my source tree neighter as source MODULE nor as prebuilt lib.

Later I would be curious how you finally solved to get RIL compiling

Thanks and Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,

I just used Daniels precompiled RIL libraries in my builds, so I didn't compile them at all. If you go to the SlimLP rom thread that I had going, you can download my compile notes, which would probably help you build a CM12 based rom with a few changes. You'll might need to set the target / source in your Manifest.xml so that it grab's the CM11 repositories from Daniels Github (if you haven't already done that).

I had a bit of fun getting through the errors, but eventually got the compiling working, but its a bit of playing around.

My old P6810 just runs Daniels Carbon Rom Android 4.4.4 build, as I found that Android 4.4.4 was fairly stable, and I mainly use it for reading. My main device now is a newer Nvidia Shield tablet.
26th May 2017, 08:39 AM |#104  

Donate to Me
More
First build succeeded - still many issues
Hi @daniel_hk,

finally, I got my first lineageos cm13 to build. Current local manifest, ignoring bluetooth, is for now:

Quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

<!-- bluez support-->
<remove-project name="LineageOS/android_system_bt"/>
<remove-project name="LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Bluetooth"/>
<remove-project name="LineageOS/android_packages_apps_BluetoothExt"/>

<!--remote name="bluez-android" fetch="https://github.com/bluez-android" />
<remote name="korg" fetch="git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/bluetooth/"/-->

<!-- Track my bluez with M patch -->
<!--project path="external/bluetooth/bluez" name="danielhk/android_external_bluetooth_bluez" group="pdk" revision="master" /-->
<!-- <project remote="korg" path="external/bluetooth/bluez" name="bluez" group="pdk" revision="master"/> -->
<!--project remote="korg" path="external/bluetooth/sbc" name="sbc" group="pdk" revision="master"/-->
<!--project remote="bluez-android" path="external/bluetooth/glib" name="glib" group="pdk" revision="master"/-->

<!-- device related -->
<project path="external/stlport" name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" />
<project path="hardware/atheros" name="danielhk/android_hardware_atheros_wlan" />
<project path="hardware/samsung" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" />
<project path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" />

<!-- device trees and kernel -->
<project name="danielhk/android_device_samsung_p6800" path="device/samsung/p6800" />
<project name="danielhk/android_device_samsung_smdk4210-tab" path="device/samsung/smdk4210-tab" />
<project name="danielhk/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4210" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4210" />
<project name="danielhk/proprietary_vendor_samsung_smdk4210" path="vendor/samsung" />

</manifest>

After making small code changes for every syntax error I got the rom starting finally. The RIL syntax issues - I just copied a more recent "ril.h" from one of the central RIL folders to the smdk4210 specific folders with the outdated ril.h.
Bluetooth is deactivated. At first start the keyboard did'nt come up - same issues as for p3board.
Just recently, I managed to deactivate the keyboard dock/ hardware keyboard at all, so that even the touch keys come up at first start of the rom, for entering WIFI credentials, etc.

Current status (very unstable):
- WIFI works basically - Browser is working
- Touch keyboard is working
- Camera also works

Main problems:
- external sd card is not working (where can I upload the logcat?) - also the rom does not start while an sd-card is in
Main issue seems to be:
Quote:

05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: Failed to partition
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: missing output stream
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1628)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1573)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at android.os.storage.IMountService$Stub$Proxy.partit ionPublic(IMountService.java:1052)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at android.os.storage.StorageManager.partitionPublic( StorageManager.java:697)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at com.android.settings.deviceinfo.StorageWizardForma tProgress$PartitionTask.doInBackground(StorageWiza rdFormatProgress.java:118)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at com.android.settings.deviceinfo.StorageWizardForma tProgress$PartitionTask.doInBackground(StorageWiza rdFormatProgress.java:92)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:295)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav a:237)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTas k.java:234)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker( ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1113)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:588)
05-25 20:16:31.159 6905 6905 E StorageSettings: at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)
05-25 20:16:31.166 2975 7061 W ActivityManager: Duplicate finish request for ActivityRecord{5ded6c6 u0 com.android.settings/.deviceinfo.StorageWizardFormatConfirm t11 f}

- graphical glitches and no youtube video play, it looks weird, rotation not always working

Do you have any experience/ hints regarding the sd-card issue? And I know you have some regarding the graphical issues

Best regards
Frank
27th May 2017, 04:39 AM |#105  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi @daniel_hk,

finally, I got my first lineageos cm13 to build. Current local manifest, ignoring bluetooth, is for now:

After making small code changes for every syntax error I got the rom starting finally. The RIL syntax issues - I just copied a more recent "ril.h" from one of the central RIL folders to the smdk4210 specific folders with the outdated ril.h.
Bluetooth is deactivated. At first start the keyboard did'nt come up - same issues as for p3board.
Just recently, I managed to deactivate the keyboard dock/ hardware keyboard at all, so that even the touch keys come up at first start of the rom, for entering WIFI credentials, etc.

Current status (very unstable):
- WIFI works basically - Browser is working
- Touch keyboard is working
- Camera also works

Main problems:
- external sd card is not working (where can I upload the logcat?) - also the rom does not start while an sd-card is in
Main issue seems to be:

- graphical glitches and no youtube video play, it looks weird, rotation not always working

Do you have any experience/ hints regarding the sd-card issue? And I know you have some regarding the graphical issues

Best regards
Frank

Hi Frank,
I lost most of the things for Samsung so I can only recall my memory.

I guess you use adopted mode for the ext. sdcard. There was something wrong (seems gapps related, I remember opengapps is not working and some reported delta gapps would work) for adopted mode. Try portable mode first. I would work. You may format your sdcard in recovery first. See if it solve the stuck at boot.

For graphical glitches, it appeared in KK. Screen capture was too slow and left out some part of the image. I had changed a few things in screen capture to solve it. Some Samsung related patches were already in LP and MM so it disappeared after LP or MM. Check if you have those Samsung flags enabled.

You may compare with my last cm13 to see if there are other differences.
Good luck!
Daniel
3rd July 2017, 05:56 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Quote:

At first start the keyboard did'nt come up - same issues as for p3board.
Just recently, I managed to deactivate the keyboard dock/ hardware keyboard at all, so that even the touch keys come up at first start of the rom, for entering WIFI credentials,

Hi Frank,
If you could post what you had to do to deactivate the keyboard dock / hardware keyboard, that would be great information for anyone in the future developing a Rom.

Regards,
Peter
3rd July 2017, 08:50 PM |#107  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3dboard

Hi Frank,
If you could post what you had to do to deactivate the keyboard dock / hardware keyboard, that would be great information for anyone in the future developing a Rom.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

according to your idea I looked into WindowManagerService.java. I could'nt find the ideal solution to switch between hard and soft keys, what I did is a modification of the place where this should be decided:

Code:
        // Determine whether a hard keyboard is available and enabled.
        /*boolean hardKeyboardAvailable = false;
        if (!mForceDisableHardwareKeyboard) {
            mHardKeyboardAvailable = config.keyboard != Configuration.KEYBOARD_NOKEYS;
        }
        if (hardKeyboardAvailable != mHardKeyboardAvailable) {
            mHardKeyboardAvailable = hardKeyboardAvailable;
            mHardKeyboardEnabled = hardKeyboardAvailable;
            mH.removeMessages(H.REPORT_HARD_KEYBOARD_STATUS_CHANGE);
            mH.sendEmptyMessage(H.REPORT_HARD_KEYBOARD_STATUS_CHANGE);
        }*/
        //if (!mHardKeyboardEnabled) {
        config.keyboard = Configuration.KEYBOARD_NOKEYS;
        //}
config.keyboard = Configuration.KEYBOARD_NOKEYS;

always prefers the soft-keys. Anyhow, now both work - once the keyboard dock is connected you can type with the hard keys, but still the soft keyboard is shown on the screen...
Had no time for investing any further - but for now this works for me

Best regards,
Frank
The Following User Says Thank You to frami2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frami2 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build guide, galaxytab 7.7, galaxytab plus, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)