Hello xda fellows ! Let me introduce my app :
RecoverX allow you to install a custom recovery with ease
But what is a custom recovery ?
A recovery is a dedicated and bootable partition in almost all android devices. Custom recoveries offers much more features and allow you to install custom roms, to backup or restore your device, to flash zips, to mount partitions and more..
It's pretty easy ! You just need a compatible device, a root access and for some device, an unlocked bootloader.
You just have to select your phone and your recovery (between cwm recovery, twrp recovery, amon-ra recovery, xrecovery), to click "Install" and RecoverX does the rest, It's as simple as that
Finally, I use the awesome XDA DevDB so if you notice any bug or you wish to have a feature to be added, just use the development database options.
To boot in recovery mode (depending of the device) :
- Click on the button when the installation is complete.
- Or boot in recovery by using your bootloader.
- Or press back button when the device start.
- Or press volume button when the device start.
- Or tap the screen when the device start.
For those who are unable to access the google play store, the apk is available in the download section
The CWM team , for their recovery
The TWRP team , for their recovery
Amon_RA, for his recovery
nobodyAtall & Zihu for their based-recovery
Ansfer for his based-recovery
cray_Doze for his based-recovery
PvyParts , who have help me to fix the ICS support bug
- This app is currently under beta so bugs are expected !
- As there is a lot of traffic, the server could be overloaded and the download may fail.
- For those who needs help, use this post.
- My PM is not a technical support, I will not help you to root your device or unlock your bootloader !
- Donations are volunteer but allow me to spend more time on the project
- Thanks and feedbacks are apreciated !
RecoverX, a App for the Android General
Current Stable Version: 1.0.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-02-27
Last Updated 2014-04-25