Remove All Ads from XDA

Play Ouya Games On The MOJO

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By mjenny82, Junior Member on 4th January 2014, 01:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all

I just wanted to let you know that you can play all the Ouya games on your MOJO
Every Ouya game seems to work very well or even better than on the Ouya. If you use the CTRL, some buttons seem to be mapped wrong, but this is not a big problem, most of the games can be played. If you own an Ouya, then you can even use the Ouya controller on the mojo, where you do not have wrong mapped buttons.

The only issue is that you can't buy the full version of the games. But most of those games are free anyway. And all of the games are free to try. This way, you can play 500+ great games on the MOJO

Visit the following link, where you can download APK's of all Ouya games, then sideload them to your Mojo:
ouyalytics.com

At the moment, my favorite game to play on the MOJO is the following:
ouyalytics.com/app/589-Killing-Floor:-Calamity

Have fun! May the MOJO force be with you

EDIT:
I didn't test enough games last time and it seems I had a few lucky punches in the first place. After a few more tests my opinion is this:
1. Not every game works with the Ouya controller
2. Only about 10% of the games work with the CTRLR controller
3. Every game runs on the MOJO without crashing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjenny82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjenny82 Ad-Free

4th January 2014, 01:58 AM |#2  
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 67

More
http://ouyalytics.com/app/589-Killing-Floor:-Calamity/

Wow amazing!
I'll be checking that out for sure!
I'm sure the ouya launcher can be installed, letting you also pay for games.
The irony is really funny
Thanks for letting us know!
The Following User Says Thank You to gwaldo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwaldo Ad-Free
4th January 2014, 02:52 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
You are welcome
I actually did try the ouya launcher, but it didn't work. It crashes when starting.

I tested a few more games and for now it seems like about 30% of the ouya games work with the CTRL Controller. Maybe we can share experiences which games work with the MOJO controller? Let me start:

Killing Floor: Calamity - works like a charm, but L2 and R2 are flipped and also DPad up and down are flipped
KNIGHTMARE TOWER - works like a charm, no issues
CANABALT HD - works like a charm
The Following User Says Thank You to mjenny82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjenny82 Ad-Free
4th January 2014, 03:39 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Another remark:
The Android internet browser seems to crash if you are on the overview (or search-) page at ouyalytics. So what I do is to search on google for a particular game like this:

ouyalytics killing floor

Then you can pick the first link google offers, where you land on the page to download the game.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjenny82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjenny82 Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 08:58 AM |#5  
Flag Melb.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjenny82

Another remark:
The Android internet browser seems to crash if you are on the overview (or search-) page at ouyalytics. So what I do is to search on google for a particular game like this:

ouyalytics killing floor

Then you can pick the first link google offers, where you land on the page to download the game.

Thanks again for the ouya tip!
I found it so easy to install emulators from:
http://dayoftheouya.com/a-list-of-al...tors-for-ouya/
Which all support controllers and doesn't require switching to mouse mode, the UI is controller friendly

I installed these:
N64: Mupen64Plus AE
I start with the OUYA layout and change the D-pad and Z trigger button.
Easy to map controls, works well.
Roms must be .z64
Configure the graphics plug-in using the 10th Anniversary option, works the best.
Actually plays better then I expected! most work fine including FPS, I noticed driving games not that good.

SNES: Snes9xPlus
Works well, create a new profile and set the CTRLR.
Roms must be .smc

If you don't know which to get, I can recommend the .emu ones, easy to setup.
NES: NES.emu
Sega MegaDrive/Genius: MD.emu

Or just install this (haven't had time to try it):
http://dayoftheouya.com/ouya/retroarch
Includes most Sega/Nintendo consoles, Doom/Quake & PSX

Setting up the emulators,I recommend connecting at least a mouse to configure the controller.
All 8/16bit games I've tested run at speed, I haven't tried PSX yet.

When I get time, i'll make a vide and show it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to gwaldo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwaldo Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 01:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

If you don't know which to get, I can recommend the .emu ones, easy to setup.

I can confirm NES.emu, SuperGNES, GBC.emu, GBA.emu, DraStic, FPSE, NEO.emu, MD.emu, PCE.emu, SAT.emu, PPSSPP, and SuperN64 (A branch of Mupen64).

All work flawlessly except PPSSPP (doesn't support the D-PAD at the moment, and sound is laggy). Also, DraStic is really wonky because it models the DS touchscreen....Works with a mouse, but that feels strange to use the controller and a mouse....Then again, it's sort of like using a Wii. Heh..
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeRyno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeRyno Ad-Free
11th January 2014, 01:18 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
There is an app market which contains only free and open source apps and games. I found it pretty useful for the MOJO. There you can also find all the emulators and every app/game you downloaded will be updated automatically

Here it is:

f-droid (dot) org
19th January 2014, 11:30 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
F-droid running great!

Retro arch running great but I can't figure out how to map the controller?
20th January 2014, 01:46 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojorising

F-droid running great!

Retro arch running great but I can't figure out how to map the controller?

To map retroarch controller,
So if you click the bug guy, settings, input device, and switch to ouya, the cntrl works perfect with all rom games.
Start button does not work on some roms and the mouse mode is required to push start.
Mojo is not listed in the list of devices.
Madcatz USB PC was listed. Haven't tried it yet.
20th January 2014, 12:20 PM |#10  
Flag Melb.

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojorising

To map retroarch controller,
So if you click the bug guy, settings, input device, and switch to ouya, the cntrl works perfect with all rom games.
Start button does not work on some roms and the mouse mode is required to push start.
Mojo is not listed in the list of devices.
Madcatz USB PC was listed. Haven't tried it yet.

yeah i gave up on retro arch because of the controller mapping... Didn't like it.

I use the .emu emulators start with the ouya config and check all the buttons, some need fixing but its very quick and easy.
20th January 2014, 02:09 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

yeah i gave up on retro arch because of the controller mapping... Didn't like it.

I use the .emu emulators start with the ouya config and check all the buttons, some need fixing but its very quick and easy.

I'm going to send retro arch programmer the mojo button coordinates so that he can add mojo to the list of devices.
they also need to add a "save input device" feature, otherwise you have to change the input device for every game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mojorising For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mojorising Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)