FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to Flashing the MJ9 OTA Firmware

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By ryanskeltis, Member on 5th January 2014, 05:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, i just bought my note 2 and ive already unlocked it and rooted it, i want to use a ROM that has 4.3 Jelly Bean like the N3BULA ROM, it says flash the MJ9 OTA Firmware using Odin. But on the forums there is a forum called "Once you're unlocked don't use odin to flash custom ROMs"

1. I should be able to flash the MJ9 using odin safely right because its not a custom rom right?

2. How do i flash the MJ9 update using odin?

3. Once i flash the MJ9 update can i still use non 4.3 ROM?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryanskeltis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryanskeltis Ad-Free
6th January 2014, 07:22 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Question 1: You are correct.
Question 2: Download, then extract with 7zip. Put phone into download mode. Open Odin on computer and connect the phone. Place extracted md5 into the pda slot and hit start. It'll do it's thing and your phone will reboot and be done.
Question 3: Yes as long as don't take the OTA update from Samsung you will able load roms as usual
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curtis Craig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Curtis Craig Ad-Free
6th February 2014, 01:19 AM |#3  
Flag Manch-Vegas , NH
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Once my phone is in download mode, odin doesn't recognize my phone. Any reason why ? I'm so frustrated
6th February 2014, 02:30 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacedrum69

Once my phone is in download mode, odin doesn't recognize my phone. Any reason why ? I'm so frustrated

Check your drivers. If you've used casual, sometimes removing those drivers will help and by also installing updated Samsung drivers.

If you've done all of the above and it's still not recognized. I recommend trying a different USB cable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 06:22 AM |#5  
Flag Manch-Vegas , NH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synapsesboob

Check your drivers. If you've used casual, sometimes removing those drivers will help and by also installing updated Samsung drivers.

If you've done all of the above and it's still not recognized. I recommend trying a different USB cable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ive tried everything :-/ ugh
6th February 2014, 10:35 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
whn flashing in odin will a pit file also be needed (wana flash stock mj9)
7th February 2014, 05:25 AM |#7  
Flag Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks Meter: 696

Donate to Me
More
I didn't need it..

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted and ROMed... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
7th February 2014, 11:33 PM |#8  
Flag Manch-Vegas , NH

Donate to Me
More
I cannot get it to work :-/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium
12th February 2014, 05:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Whats the problem? Does Odin Start doing it atleast??
12th February 2014, 12:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:

sometimes it happen to me to,
if driver is not the issue, then try close the odin and unplugged the cable, plug it back then start odin.
13th February 2014, 08:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkurei

sometimes it happen to me to,
if driver is not the issue, then try close the odin and unplugged the cable, plug it back then start odin.

Info that may help: I searched here in xda not on this device or I'd post a link, for how to install Odin and found that for each Samsung device there are some set of Odin versions that are compatible. I used Odin just now (took less than a minute) version 3.07 for my phone. Note that my drivers were already installed and working since I unlocked the bootloader a year ago. For others: it simply rebooted afterwards and all is well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-00-49-38.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2576547  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mj9, note 2, odin, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)