Curtesy of SamMobile! Thanks!
Android 4.4.2 KitKat quick video:
Official changelog for the Android 4.4.2 KitKat on smartphones:
Commonly Asked Questions
Will this trigger Knox?
This firmwares, being official, will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
How to install this?
If you didn't received the update OTA you can use Odin with the official firmwares posted below.
If you don't know how, look at this tutorial - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=1
Will this update erase my internal memory by default?
But because of upgrading to a newer base it is recommended to wipe data and cache before and after flashing the firmware.
If any problems occur post-install or you want to avoid any from the start, do a factory reset before installing the update. (carefull as it will delete everything on your internal memory!)
Can I install a custom recovery?
You can flash your preferred recovery with Odin.
!!! This will trip the KNOX counter !!!
Can I root this firmware?
!!! This will trip the KNOX counter!!!
Any changes for the interface?
- updated status bar with white icons;
- when playing music, the music album art is displayed as full-screen background for the lock screen;
- camera shortcut is displayed on the lockscreen (dependent on csc);
-stock keyboard's layout has been improved in landscape orientation;
- more and upgraded emojis for the stock keyboard;
- a new location menu;
- a new default applications menu;
- a new wireless printing menu;
For the complete and detailed changelog refer to the official changelog posted above.
How is the performance?
Pretty much the same.
Any Note III goodies?
The new multiwindow.
Sadly not anything else..
- Can't connect to GLONASS satellites.
- Note that on the tw based 4.4 firmwares there's no option to switch from dalvik to the art runtime (this is not a bug, Samsung just wanted to avoid any problems (as art is just in an experimental phase) so it removed this option).
- Also in KitKat, applications will no longer be able create, modify, or remove files and folders on your external SD card. As a for-instance, you can no longer use a file manager to copy files from your computer to the SD card over a network. This ability, which has existed since the beginning of Android, has been taken away by Google.
If you have this problems and have root you can try this fix - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2607215
How does it feel? Is it good for a daily driver?
Seems faster when scrolling, UI still lags but less. Smoother transitions.
The smearing seems to be back again.
Definitely good enough for a daily!
For more mirrored official firmwares, or any sw problems you guys can check out @samersh72 great thread [GUIDE] Unroot/Unbrick, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & I9505