FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Bypass Activation Screen [LG Optimus Zone Verizon]

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
By thepcmrtim, Junior Member on 7th January 2014, 07:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Simple Steps:
(NOTE: MUST RESTART PHONE DO NOT TOUCH OR CLICK ANYTHING)

1: Volume Up
2: Volume Down
3: Back Button
4: Home Button
5.) Enjoy


If this doesn't work PM me on XDA Developers Forum Site.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to thepcmrtim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thepcmrtim Ad-Free
 
 
5th April 2014, 02:52 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
How can you get back to the activation screen after doing this?
27th March 2015, 02:06 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Just in case anyone stumbles on this for the LG Optimus Exceed 2 like I did... this actually bricked the phone... it freaked out and rebooted (after bypassing the activation mind you) and then after the third time trying to reboot, complained about secure boot being violated, and now won't boot at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zero Computing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zero Computing Ad-Free
10th June 2015, 10:06 PM |#4  
strongergravity's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Earth...for now...
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
This worked for the Zone 2 as well.
31st July 2015, 08:08 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Exceed 2 activation bypass no longer working??
I just got a new LG Exceed 2 Verizon. Tried the Vol up, Vol dn, back, home key sequence. No result at all. Watched youtube video and duplicated keys exactly. Make sure I was using the right back (bottom left) and home (bottom middle) keys.

Firmware change stop the activation bypass??
4th August 2015, 06:07 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman2

I just got a new LG Exceed 2 Verizon. Tried the Vol up, Vol dn, back, home key sequence. No result at all. Watched youtube video and duplicated keys exactly. Make sure I was using the right back (bottom left) and home (bottom middle) keys.

Firmware change stop the activation bypass??

I'm in the same boat as you, just bought two about an hour ago. The search continues
The Following User Says Thank You to kklops For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kklops Ad-Free
5th August 2015, 02:24 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kklops

I'm in the same boat as you, just bought two about an hour ago. The search continues

i just picked up my lg optimus verizon prepaid. i was able to bypass activation by using the vol up, vol down, back, and home button.

it didn't work for me at first but when i tried the sequence faster, it worked. try to do it as fast as you can.
also, the "home" button is the physical button that can actually press down. i was a bit confused about this.

best of luck!
5th August 2015, 08:10 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekang

i just picked up my lg optimus verizon prepaid. i was able to bypass activation by using the vol up, vol down, back, and home button.

it didn't work for me at first but when i tried the sequence faster, it worked. try to do it as fast as you can.
also, the "home" button is the physical button that can actually press down. i was a bit confused about this.

best of luck!

Yup, after about 8 tries, it worked. I have no idea why. Did it the same every time without touching any other button. Tried many reboots. Perhaps it was timing, as I did get faster each time since I knew what I was doing!

BTW, I LOVE this device!!! Not using any of the cell capabilities, but as an Android device, it is wonderful. Just had to enable writing to the SD (kitkat had an issue here which you can google) and then had to move a lot of stuff to SD card since internal memory is limited.
9th August 2015, 06:56 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Worked like a charm the very first time I tried. Thanks
10th August 2015, 04:05 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Worked
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepcmrtim

Simple Steps:
(NOTE: MUST RESTART PHONE DO NOT TOUCH OR CLICK ANYTHING)

1: Volume Up
2: Volume Down
3: Back Button
4: Home Button
5.) Enjoy


If this doesn't work PM me on XDA Developers Forum Site.

Worked for me on the first try.
10th August 2015, 04:21 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thx .. worked for me too
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes