Bluetooth headset+gear as mp3 player

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By hurdleman, Senior Member on 8th January 2014, 01:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th August 2014, 04:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 178

More
I'm not sure if it will work or not but this app has let me pair problematic headsets with certain stubborn devices in the past https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.btoolkit

It's worth a shot installing on the gear and testing....

7th September 2014, 06:22 AM |#12  
SyDnEy
Thanks Meter: 35

More
i heard Null rom unlocks the BT stack and allows you to connect to other BT devices just like a normal Android device?? is this true or we really have to move to tizen?
7th September 2014, 03:48 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinsie

i heard Null rom unlocks the BT stack and allows you to connect to other BT devices just like a normal Android device?? is this true or we really have to move to tizen?

Null does allow pairing with some bluetooth profiles such as hid. I've successfully paired and used a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with the gear. However a bluetooth headset, speaker or headphones requires a2dp profile. This is missing in the android version but available with tizen.

I'd love to have this function working with null as the hardware is obviously capable of it. I'm not prepared to give up null for this function as it would mean giving up lots of other functions I enjoy. I'm guessing you'd need to add the profile maybe from porting from a compatible Rom but that's way beyond my ability.
7th September 2014, 10:24 PM |#14  
SyDnEy

More
Ah thanks for clarification, sadly this is the main reason I buy gear one, to direct stream music to Bluetooth. Well, let see..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd March 2016, 10:43 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
did anyone managed to pair it with Null?
Im surfing all over the net and there is no other way to do it unless you install stupid Tizen that has close to none of awesome abilities like Null. Is there any way to pair the gear 1 with headphones and run it like mp3. Or is there a way to have dualboot for gear 1? Having tizen and null and beingable to pick up booting aint that bad and it would do the trick
2nd March 2016, 11:23 PM |#16  
SyDnEy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares-ex

Im surfing all over the net and there is no other way to do it unless you install stupid Tizen that has close to none of awesome abilities like Null. Is there any way to pair the gear 1 with headphones and run it like mp3. Or is there a way to have dualboot for gear 1? Having tizen and null and beingable to pick up booting aint that bad and it would do the trick

sorry to disagree but i like tizen. how many hours you gear can last with null? fyi i tried null for few days long time ago, so apologies if the battery life is now improved. but i like tizen, battery life is probably the best amongs android gear and apple watch. plus i can connect direct to bt headset. and tizen has camera
3rd March 2016, 08:58 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Loong enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinsie

sorry to disagree but i like tizen. how many hours you gear can last with null? fyi i tried null for few days long time ago, so apologies if the battery life is now improved. but i like tizen, battery life is probably the best amongs android gear and apple watch. plus i can connect direct to bt headset. and tizen has camera

Up to 3 days if i dont listen to music on it. Anyway i dont like Tizen becosue i dont have any chance to install google browser, no youtube, mxplyaer, Rocket player, Facebook Lite or anything. When im at work i cant sneaky check anything on phone becouse i dont want to risk to break my phone but i can go with watch and since it has a nice BT range its usefull. But when im runing i dont want to holde huge ass z3 in my pocket again and pair it with headphones since i already have a bt capable device that can already play music with awesome equalizers. Rocket Player is one of the best out there and unless someone finds a way to get Tizen to instal all the aps that im using, there is no way ill instal that rom. Way to useless curently
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)