This project started as a simple test to write a today screen plug-in. The first version did nothing but show date and time updated every second. It had no options and in my opinion was useless.
Then I found out about the new AKU2 ROM and that there were a lot of people out there who really didn't like the changes made to today screen.
So I decided to continue with the project, and now it has evolved so even the title of the thread isn't very suitable any more. I keep it so people can recognize the thread.
Here's what this plug-in has to offer:
• Show date on today screen in one line, like in older ROMs.
• Show clock on taskbar in today screen (with / with out AM / PM).*
• Show date in taskbar*
• Options to control what appears in today screen: long / short date, time, seconds.
• 4 different alignment options.
• Custom font size for plug-in.
• Shows alarm icon, even on WM2003 devices.
• Option to blink the taskbar clock at user set intervals.*
• Option to turn of selectability.
• Windows Mobile 6 compatible
• Internet time synchronization (manual only)
*The plug-in does not effect system displayed taskbar clock if it exists, instead it puts it's own clock covering some icons. It can do so in today screen and all programs. The covered icons can still be accessed by taping on their location (the clock is 'click transparent')
NOTE: Before updating the plug-in, disable old version and then uninstall it. This will insure new file and settings will take effect. It is also recommended to preform soft reset.
DISCLAIMER: This program comes free but with no warranty, or even a guarantee that it will work. I take no responsibility for any damage that might incur from using this program.
PLEASE NOTE: The download is just below this message, but you must be logged in to see it.
LATEST VERSION: 0.2.1 published on 12/1/2008
One minor bug fix: my leap year calculation was off so the internet time sync was a day back. This is now fixed.
Download the app: LVMTime.CAB
Want to know how it works? Get the source code: LVMTime source.zip
Side note: It seems that the pole was reopened (probably because of forum format change. 33 people voted for "something else" but I have not received a single suggestion. "see post" means that if you vote for "something else" you must add a post with a suggestion - or I'll have to hunt you down for it! (Just kidding - not time as it is).