For Latest Download Link Click Here

full SELinux support

Features:
Quote:

Quote:

1. Tested and Working
  2. Backup / Restore
  3. ROM Flashing (of course )
  4. Mounting partitions (and SD via USB to PC)
  5. Screen Timeout - Lock / Unlock (double tap to wake or use power - change timeout in settings)
  6. adb sideload
  7. Clock
  8. Battery
  9. Log
  10. File Manager
  11. Advanced Reboot Options
  12. when powered off and you plug in phone it auto boots to recovery, maybe nice for someone with a broken power button? (so not really a feature...)

Haven't Tested
  • Fix Permissions
  • Terminal
  • Themes
  • Partition SD Card
let me know if you can confirm these working, my vision is out on loan to a friend an can not test - thanks!

*broken
SD-ext wipe/backup/restore - still working on this one, hopefully wont take too much longer to fix

anyone who wants to test will be rewarded with praise from me! should be safe, has been for me, but I guess I should say the whole I'm not responsible for xyz... but you're on xda, you know this

Click image for larger version

Name:	twrp.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	2516823

Name:	AgsV.png
Views:	659
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	2516824
Just Some Random Screen Shots Of TWRP, Not From This Phone

Name:	TWRP-Recovery.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	2516799
*oh and I have some new clockwork recoveries if you all want these too, they appear fine with the minimal test I've done, if you all want I can upload these too - built from newest source something like 6.0.4.6? cant recall the versions and am lazy now, but built for kitkat roms
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free

10th January 2014, 06:46 AM |#2  
Flag The Ragged Flagon, Riften
Thanks Meter: 414

Donate to Me
More
For sure gonna try this out if I have some free time tomorrow. It's getting late or else I would already be testing it out now
The Following User Says Thank You to fireball0093 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fireball0093 Ad-Free
10th January 2014, 12:43 PM |#3  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 42

More
demkantor as you advised me first i just booted the recovery .. works well

flashed recovery works as expected

i dont have sdcard so you know the broken section is not for me
The Following User Says Thank You to AYEHAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AYEHAN Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 10:56 AM |#4  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 666

More
Working ADB sideload confirmed
Mind sharing how did you fix that?
My idea is that the problem is in fstab.recovery, but I'm not entirely sure on that. Could you please share "device-related" changes for TWRP?
The Following User Says Thank You to NeverGone\RU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeverGone\RU Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 06:06 PM |#5  
Sure thing, I hope have some time in front of a PC this next week, I'll put up a new build with sd-ext fix and post a github link and clean up the op. Sorry just haven't had like ant quality PC time in the past few months

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th January 2014, 06:20 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Alright, finally got around to flashing this. All the basic functionality I used CWM for, works perfect in TWRP. Pretty awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to fireball0093 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fireball0093 Ad-Free
14th January 2014, 07:31 PM |#7  

More
Man, this is awesome! I was using some old TWRP 2.2.0 version i found on some weird chinese site after failing to build it myself. Thanks fr thins man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aktivehate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aktivehate Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 07:03 AM |#8  
Flag Karachi

More
awesome job demkantor

and i can gladly take all the credits for this tool :d LoL
The Following User Says Thank You to AYEHAN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AYEHAN Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 05:34 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Why switch?
Hey @demkantor,

great work again, I guess, thanks. We vision users are lucky to have folks like you still working on our device.

One overarching question--why switch recoveries, and if I do, to this TWRP or your (or Nevergone's?) CWM? I have used 4EXT (I think at your suggestion, in fact) ever since I rooted my phone in August, 2012, and no problems. I have kept up with all the latest ROMs in the Flinny line (and a few others) including 11.0, though I have now stepped back to his last 10.1 build while KitKat needs fixing. My needs are pretty basic, I suppose...I just flash the occasional new ROM, make backups, occasionally restore them (like in going from 11.0 back to 10.1.) I rarely touch adb...it just hasn't been necessary. I am perfectly happy with my phone, and marvel at its longevity!

So, stick with the latest 4EXT, or jump to something newer?

Thanks,

p-d

ps still at the U? Go to Al's for me sometime, I miss breakfast there.
The Following User Says Thank You to prairie-dad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prairie-dad Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 05:43 PM |#10  
Thanks!
In truth I still prefer 4ext myself, its my favorite recovery but development on it has slowed over the past year. The only reason I bothered to make this was for @AYEHAN who has a broken SD tray and needed to be able to sideload a ROM, currently 4ext is lacking this feature. So if your current recovery is still working for you then I would suggest to stick with it, TWRP is nice and I use it on most my devices (as 4ext isn't available) but if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Yeah last few days of brake before the new semester begins, and for sure will go to Al's, best whole in the wall there is!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 06:04 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
One major bug I came across, is it will no longer flash roms. Like, regardless of what the rom is it just won't flash it, it spits out
assert failed: get prop("ro.product.device") == "
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
and I know these roms all work since it was flashing them beforehand. Just thought I'd let you know

*Edit*
So any rom other than G2Slim won't flash for me. CM10.1, Flinny's CM11, etc. It's so odd
*Edit 2*
I installed CWM v5 again just to make sure it wasn't a problem with the roms themselves or my sd card, and things install fine, so it must be a random bug with twrp, hopefully a very rare one at that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)