FORUMS

galaxy ace s5830i stuck on boot logo

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By leon2810, Junior Member on 10th January 2014, 03:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

First of all, happy to become a member in the this community.

My phone stuck on the boot logo screen after I tried to put a custom rom. I flashed few roms before , i guess i felt on a currpurt one.
After that i tried to put a stock rom using cygwin guide.still nothing.

Clockworkmod Recovery Error:
Sometimes i faced errors as given below:
E: Can’t open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can’t mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can’t open /cache/recovery
last_log
and even cant mount system

please help me return my phone back to live.

thx in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to leon2810 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leon2810 Ad-Free
11th January 2014, 09:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hey, welcome!

I just had the same problem, tried to flash a bad ROM and thought I was done for. The information on these forums is a bit scattered so I will just detail what I did to unbrick it.

1. First thing you need to do is have the samsung drivers, if you're on Windows 7 or above, Windows can probably go find them for you when it comes to plugging your phone in.

2. You need to have the original stock firmware, luckily they are essentially all the same so here is the Open Australia version I used (I'm on O2 in the UK) http://www.mediafire.com/?903oq9l7qbmkir4 (password is: mod2xtreme.com)

3: Extract that folder somewhere you will remember.

4: Odin is a firmware flasher, it's what will save your phone. It needs a PIT file, luckily some kind person has already packaged the PIT for the Ace within Odin here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1345402010

Now you have all the different pieces required

5: Open Odin on your computer and put your phone into Odin mode by holding the power button, volume up and volume down. (and read the screen, it'll ask if you if you're sure and to press volume up) - once you plug the phone in correctly and the drivers are installed Odin should come up saying "<ID> Added!!"

6: A picture paints 1000 words here: http://i.imgur.com/La1r4zE.png - you should ensure you select your PIT file, and all the correct files from step 3 (modem = phone) - click start then wait for it to say "Pass" (I had a nervous smoke here)

7: Boot your phone into recovery by pressing the home button, volume up and power. Let it run through the update and wipe the cache and reboot itself.

8: You're in! It went German on me so I had to change the language at the startup screen, but other than that it's fine.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Monotoko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Monotoko Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 03:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotoko

Hey, welcome!

I just had the same problem, tried to flash a bad ROM and thought I was done for. The information on these forums is a bit scattered so I will just detail what I did to unbrick it.

1. First thing you need to do is have the samsung drivers, if you're on Windows 7 or above, Windows can probably go find them for you when it comes to plugging your phone in.

2. You need to have the original stock firmware, luckily they are essentially all the same so here is the Open Australia version I used (I'm on O2 in the UK) http://www.mediafire.com/?903oq9l7qbmkir4 (password is: mod2xtreme.com)

4: Odin is a firmware flasher, it's what will save your phone. It needs a PIT file, luckily some kind person has already packaged the PIT for the Ace within Odin here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1345402010

5: Open Odin on your computer and put your phone into Odin mode by holding the power button, volume up and volume down. (and read the screen, it'll ask if you if you're sure and to press volume up) - once you plug the phone in correctly and the drivers are installed Odin should come up saying "<ID> Added!!"

6: A picture paints 1000 words here: http://i.imgur.com/La1r4zE.png - you should ensure you select your PIT file, and all the correct files from step 3 (modem = phone) - click start then wait for it to say "Pass" (I had a nervous smoke here)

7: Boot your phone into recovery by pressing the home button, volume up and power. Let it run through the update and wipe the cache and reboot itself.

8: You're in! It went German on me so I had to change the language at the startup screen, but other than that it's fine.

many thanks... it helped me alot with my friends phones... keep it up on sharing...
18th July 2015, 11:42 AM |#4  

More
same prob
It says E:failed to mount / system (invalid argument).I 've done what all you have said but as u can see please verify this...please...
and reg 1 point how can pc recognise this phone which is not getting on???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trouble.png
Views:	998
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	3409236  
20th July 2015, 05:49 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth Nadella

It says E:failed to mount / system (invalid argument).I 've done what all you have said but as u can see please verify this...please...
and reg 1 point how can pc recognise this phone which is not getting on???

install samsung drivers

Sent from my GT-S5830i using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2015, 08:42 AM |#6  

More
actually from which mobile should i install xda app?
and my phone is 5830 not 5360
28th September 2015, 04:57 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Hey, welcome!

Thanks, now my phone works!
8th February 2016, 09:38 AM |#8  
Raipur

More
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks a ton dude. My uncles phone was stuck at bootloop. Was looking for a solution and voila, u gave me the perfect answer with detailed steps.

Market app is not working.
So planning to flash a custom rom. Please suggest a good and a stable rom.

Quote:

Hey, welcome!

The Following User Says Thank You to irukusrini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irukusrini Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 07:22 AM |#9  

More
Not Working
I am stuck on Set up connection screen.
7th March 2016, 09:46 PM |#10  

More
Hi, my phone was stuck on samsung boot logo. Now I followed these steps and it worked but when I open the Market it crashes...
7th May 2016, 09:28 AM |#11  

More
Thank you
Many many thanks, tried many many solutions, all failed, complicated this and that. All leading to dead ends and frustration (and my download directory full with junk files and directories). But not this one. Splendid in its simplicity, my Ace S5830I dead since 2 years now works once again.

I want to hug someone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)