FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

E:Error executing updater binary in zip

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By cjmcsw87, Member on 10th January 2014, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anybody figure out how to fix this? I can find people having this problem flashing 4.4 but I can't flash anything. I've tried to flash mf1 firmware, a 4.3 carbon nightly, and a 4.3 pac nightly. All with the same results. Here is exactly what I did -
I flashed PhilZ recovery earlier on a earlier version of TWRP.
kept getting a "failed" in PhilZ
Flashed latest TWRP via Odin
Tried flashing the above mentioned zips all with the error message.
Restored my hyper drive rls16 backup (4.1.2)
Installed latest TWRP via goomanager app

Edit : my phone is flashed to PagePlus so I kinda have to be careful I'm afraid of using Odin to go back to stock/rooted but my luck that's what it'll take. When I get home I'm going to try it with a older version of TWRP that's the only other thing I can think to try.

Any suggestions or info is appreciated.

10th January 2014, 11:46 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag West Union

More
delete
11th January 2014, 07:01 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag West Union

More
anyone ? please ?
11th January 2014, 09:02 PM |#4  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Supposedly the update binary here is generic, you could try replacing the one in the rom zip with it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2492496

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpeeps74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dpeeps74 Ad-Free
13th January 2014, 07:15 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag West Union

More
I've tried CWM PhilZ and TWRP all latest versions, and still can't get rid of this.

I Cannot install any rom, whatsoever. I did manage to install a MF1 radio zip, but that's it. I can't install 4.3 or even 4.2 ..
I've replaced the update-binary inside the zips, and edited the update-script and removed the stuff used for recognizing the device, still no dice ..
I ended up flashing a full mf1 img via Odin and then used casual to root/unlock/recovery install - and I STILL get the error. Not sure where to go from here. Seems like nobody else is having this problem unless they're not on the latest recovery and trying to flash KitKat.

Thought I'd share the rest of my story ..

edit: I was able to restore a old backup of 1.7 carbon ...lol. better than nothing or a TW rom, that's for sure.
14th January 2014, 12:46 AM |#6  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 196

More
When you replaced the update binary did you get the same error or a different one? Also, have you tried flashing from internal and external SD?

17th January 2014, 07:37 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag West Union

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeeps74

When you replaced the update binary did you get the same error or a different one? Also, have you tried flashing from internal and external SD?

Sorry I didn't get a notification for this.

I did get the same error. I did get a error 6 once or twice but it was because I edited the update-script file and used word or word pad I downloaded note++ and it stopped and went back to error 7 :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 08:17 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmcsw87

Sorry I didn't get a notification for this.

I did get the same error. I did get a error 6 once or twice but it was because I edited the update-script file and used word or word pad I downloaded note++ and it stopped and went back to error 7 :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OK, I have one for you to try, use the original rom zip (don't edit the update-script), when you flash in recovery and it failed, select boot and boot back into recovery, then reflash again. Try it with the latest TWRP 2.6.3.2.
17th January 2014, 08:17 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag West Union

More
SOLVED ! only took a week ...

I had been using an update-binary file that was posted in a thread.

I took the file from PhilZ recovery ( which I had been able to flash, just nothing else ) and used that one. Imagine that, it worked.

**DUH**
The Following User Says Thank You to cjmcsw87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cjmcsw87 Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 08:20 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmcsw87

SOLVED ! only took a week ...

I had been using an update-binary file that was posted in a thread.

I took the file from PhilZ recovery ( which I had been able to flash, just nothing else ) and used that one. Imagine that, it worked.

**DUH**

Nice, glad you have a happy ending!!
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buhohitr Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 08:27 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag West Union

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

Nice, glad you have a happy ending!!

Me too buddy, let me tell ya ..

I appreciate the advice along the way. Thank you.

now I just have to decide if I want carbon or pac as my daily driver for awhile.. Carbon is what i've almost always used after I figured out how bloated and laggy TW is.. Best of all my PagePlus flash is perfectly fine, didn't have to add APN's or mess with anything else to get data to work.

I hope this thread helps somebody else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)