FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone Pad Russian T9 + Rus, Ukr, Eng search in Smart Dialing

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ValeraVi, Member on 25th March 2006, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
SmartDialing 2.5 build 24516 Full, Multilanguage v3

Latest version of SmartDialing with support of different languages and possibility to install on devices without SmartDialing preinstalled is here

Russian T9 for Phone Pad Input v1.0 build 21215 (IntelliPad), also add possibility to enter ukrainian letters (not T9)

This is result of some kind team-work of me (ValeraVi), and mamaich 8). After installing PhonePadT9Rus_v...cab you will be able to write russian words in Phone Pad Input by using T9. Also this adds support of writing russian and ukrainian words (when russian database is selected in options of Phone Pad). Ukrainian letters is not fit on virtual buttons but it is on buttons with similar russian letters. English letters is also exist - it can be entered only if you select english database in options on Phone Pad.
Tested on HTC Blue Angel with clean WM5 ROM Tuma v1.3, but it must work on any device with version of Phone Pad specified above (HTC Wizard for ex.).
download (from attachments)

Full Phone Pad with russian t9 for wm5 devices without preinstalled Phonepad(Atom, M600, Mio...) by geo77 here
Phone Pad v1.0b22364 ONLY SKIN with Russian Letters by Raice here

--- old ---
Russain, Ukrainian, English contacts search in Smart Dialing v2.2 build 21176 (IntelliDial)

After installing V_SmartDialRusUkrEng_v....cab you will be able to search contacts written not only in English, but also on Russian, Ukrainian and also with spaces and "+" symbol 8) ... If you want to and support of other languages / symbols - read readme.txt for attached archive.
This is same as i made early:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=44723
but keyboard layout is changed to be the same as keyboard layout of Phone Pad.
Tested on HTC Blue Angel with clean WM5 ROM Tuma v1.3, but it must work on any device with version of Smart Dialing specified above (HTC Wizard for ex.).
NOTE that for displaying english letters below buttons i changed the standard background of Phone application and assigned it as new skin. Therefore, if you already use some skin, then its background will be changed to my. If you do not want this - open .cab file and delete all registry changes in it (and, also you may delete all picture files in it).

Updated: all dll's and cab's is signed by dummy signature. Redownload archives if cabs cannot be installed early. You will see warning about untrusted something - just ignore this and continue...

Smart Dialing RUS v2.1 build 169 for O2 Atom WM5 by geo77 here
Smart Dialing RUS v2.2 build 22445 for HTC Universal (Qtek 9000) WM5 by geo77 here, layout, skin with letters by XR
SmartDialing RUS v2.2 build 22954, and 2.2 build 21355 by geo77 here
SmartDialing RUS v2.2 build 21436 by geo77 here, skin with letters by Brewer
SmartDialing RUS v2.2 build 22424 and 22834 by geo77 here
Russian, Ukrainian, English contacts search in Smart Dialing v2.5 build 24516 or 23428 here

27th March 2006, 12:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Absolutly great idea!!! Couple of questions though, I installed both. T9 works but only in English, there is no Russian in the options. Smart dialing works only in English too, no Russian labels. I have an I-mate with english rom. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need Russian rom for this? For smart dialing, my version is 2.2 (build 22554).
27th March 2006, 06:41 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
2 dima237
what i-mate you have? pda2k with wm5, k-jam or other?
As i mentioned above i tested only on versions of Phone Pad Input and Smart Dialing that i have. Your versions is diffenrent, but you may try - if not work - just uninstall all. Redownload archives, please, may be you do not see any differences because early dll's and cab's was not signed.
Russian rom is not needed...
27th March 2006, 07:38 PM |#4  

More
Hi Valera,
Thanks for your reply. I installed and unstalled both versions (the one that was posted before and the one in this thread). I see no change whatsoever. I have a K-jam. Maybe I can post my dll's here, as I'm a complete newb in this. Spasibo.
27th March 2006, 07:55 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
early in this thread i posted not signed cab's, but when i post my previous message i reupload new, signed cab's - if you use it and its not work, then ok.
Yes, give me your \Windows\smartdialing.dll, i try to look at it ...

and about Phone Pad Input ... what version is installed on your k-jam?
27th March 2006, 09:16 PM |#6  

More
You were right about the signed files. I installed them again (the new ones) and now the phone pad t9 in russian with russian keys works great. BUT smart dialing stopped working. It won't let me into the options and it does not show up when i type the numbers. And the phone keypad itself looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture_915.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (16.9 KB, 501 views)
28th March 2006, 01:04 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Ok, phode pad works - this is good ..
About smatrdiall - you have other version, therefore it not work. Give me your \Windows\smartdialing.dll i try to look at it... :?
28th March 2006, 02:12 AM |#8  

More
Here you go. Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip smartdialing_202.zip - [Click for QR Code] (36.1 KB, 446 views)
28th March 2006, 07:32 AM |#9  

More
Smart dialling in Polish
Can you please take a look at this file. It is Polish smart dialling taken from ERA (T-Mobile) ROM.
The adresses indicated in your posting are not correct in case of this file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip smartdialing_plk0415.zip - [Click for QR Code] (35.8 KB, 212 views)
28th March 2006, 07:41 AM |#10  

More
Smart dialling in Polish (2)
In case you could patch the dll, please find attached the letters for Polish language:
1 [-1`={}[email protected]\$%^&\*()?<>~|\_:;.,/"' ]
2 [2AĄBCĆaąbcć]
3 [3DEĘFdeęf]
4 [4GHIghi]
5 [5JKLŁjklł]
6 [6MNŃOÓmnńoó]
7 [7PQRSŚpqrsś]
8 [8TUVtuv]
9 [9WXYZŻŹwxyzżź]
0 [0+]
28th March 2006, 04:02 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
2 all, who post his dll's (and who not ) in this topic
Here is your dll patched for yours languages... But this is only dll's - i think your know how to copy it to your devices ... After you copy this dll to your devices you can press dialpad buttons and you can search contacts in your languages, but this dlls is not replace english letters on diapad buttons. Letters is replaced by editing tapres.dll and saving it with name tapres.dll.0409.mui - for my device its work, but for wizard seems not ... may be you have other tapres.dll, but it not easy to copy it from your devices ... Who not not want to playing with copying of dlls , and want your letters on dialpad buttons may wait when we resolve problems with changing letters on dialpad on wizard (i do not have wizard, therefore may be some one can help ? )...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)