FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Auto Hide Nav Bar and Hold Back to Kill Foreground App?

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Shadow of Chaos, Senior Member on 11th January 2014, 06:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I'm running Dogg Rom at the moment, but I have the Xposed Framework set up, and of course root, so I'm open to just about any solution possible.

Anyway, I'm looking for 3 things to make me feel right at home: Hiding the Navbar and making it show up with a swipe from where it would be, and "Hold back to kill" the current app.

Here's what I've tried so far:

GMD Autohide: This gives me the hide Navbar and swipe abilities, but I can't enable hold back to kill with GravityBox; My guess is that it actually just turns off the native nav bar and replaces it with a new one that has the functionality.

GravityBox: With this, I can enable expanded Desktop, and I can enable hold back to kill, however, I can't get get the Navbar to show back up without turning off Expanded desktop; I can't even get PIE Controls to work.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

11th January 2014, 08:12 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow of Chaos

Hey guys, I'm running Dogg Rom at the moment, but I have the Xposed Framework set up, and of course root, so I'm open to just about any solution possible.

Anyway, I'm looking for 3 things to make me feel right at home: Hiding the Navbar and making it show up with a swipe from where it would be, and "Hold back to kill" the current app.

Here's what I've tried so far:

GMD Autohide: This gives me the hide Navbar and swipe abilities, but I can't enable hold back to kill with GravityBox; My guess is that it actually just turns off the native nav bar and replaces it with a new one that has the functionality.

GravityBox: With this, I can enable expanded Desktop, and I can enable hold back to kill, however, I can't get get the Navbar to show back up without turning off Expanded desktop; I can't even get PIE Controls to work.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.

To hide and show up.. I cant remember.. But I have seen it somewhere.. And to kill by back button.. Try xblast.. It works well. I just make my nav bar transparent.. Lol
11th January 2014, 09:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayarny

To hide and show up.. I cant remember.. But I have seen it somewhere.. And to kill by back button.. Try xblast.. It works well. I just make my nav bar transparent.. Lol

Hrm. XBlast looks good, I'll give it a shot as soon as my restore happens.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)