FORUMS

[ROM]★★[JB 4.3][CROMi-X 6.1][Asus Optimized | ODEX | DEODEX 10.26.1.18][MAR 24]★★

12,752 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,733

By sbdags, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 12th January 2014, 09:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from sbdags: CROMi-X 6.0 released!
CROMi-X [Clean-ROM-Inheritance-Xenogenesis 6.x] by sbdags

TF701T USERS: YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED, ON THE ASUS STOCK JB 4.3 BOOTLOADER VERSION 10.26.1.18 AND HAVE A WORKING RECOVERY - CWM 6.0.4.6+ BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. SEE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW IF YOU ARE UNSURE

I recommend you do a full wipe if coming from another ROM. Choose Wipe in CWM. If you are unlocking for the first time then it will also force you to WIPE.

You can restore data from Titanium Backups but please do not restore system data or apps from a previous version or another ROM if you want a nice clean smooth upgrade experience.

If you are coming from another source like Cyanogenmod or AOSP then you must wipe first. No excuses. ;)

Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 10 mins to stabilise!

ABOUT
• CROMi-X is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 10.26.1.18 Jelly Bean 4.3 WW release and 10.26.1.18 bootloader and kernel. It has its roots in the original CleanROM by scrosler
• CROMi-X is targeted to towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
• CROMi-X is tuned for performance and built for stability!
• CROMi-X is true to stock in looks!
• CROMi-X can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) editions during the install process

FEATURES
• DEODEX version available.
• Tablet UI via the Phab7 Xposed Module!
• Aroma Installer with the following options:
• Locale: US or WW
• DPI Size: 320 (TF701 recommended), 300 (Medium fonts), 280 (Medium small fonts), 260 (Small fonts), 240 (Tiny fonts)
• Kernels: Stock modded kernel variant based from ASUS Stock 10.26.1.18 + CM11 Kernel and tuned RamDisk from pershoot
• Launchers: Asus Stock, Apex , Nova
• Boot Animations: Asus Stock, CROMi-X Blue Fire, CROMi-X Fire and Water, Nexus Google
• Google Apps : Play Store, Calendar, News & Weather Genie, Gmail, Maps, Talk, YouTube, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Music, Street View for Maps, Document Viewer, Gallery, Picasa
• Asus Apps: File Manager, Miracast, Calendar, App Back Up, App Locker, Studio, Story, SuperNote, Video Editor, Web Storage, My Frame, My Dictionary, Splendid, My Library (Asus Reader – only works on 320 DPI), Tasks, Asus Live Wallpapers (Asus Day Scene, My water & My Water II), Parental Control, AOLink
• Apps Removed: Tegra Zone, BitCast, Kindle, Chrome, Flipboard, Magazines, Books, Zinio, Google Plus, Press Reader, CM Client, DM Client (calling home apps)
• Misc Apps: ESFile Explorer, Adobe Flash, AdAway, Titanium Backup, DropBox, LMT Pie Control, Keyboard Manager
• File system and performance tweaks!
• Init.d support!
• Zip align on boot!
• Browser performance tweaks (Extra menu with OpenGL Rendering, Light Touch and CPU Upload Path enabled)
• Browser2RAM init.d scripts (Default Browser, Firefox, Naked Browser and Chrome version)
• Continued Best Support of any ROM!

HOW TO FLASH
Make sure you have prepared by copying the ROM zip file to your internal SD Card or external SD Card first.

Please Unlock using the Asus Unlock Tool first found here.
Note installing and running this app will wipe your device and void your warranty.

You can flash CWM 6.0.4.7 using the instructions here.
Direct File Link is here.

To flash a recovery you need to have the fastboot.exe file and cwm recovery.img file in the same folder.
Right click + shift on the folder they are in and choose open command prompt here

Boot into the Bootloader by either booting with the Power and Volume Down Buttons held down until you get the 3 icons or by typing the following into the command prompt.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Then type the following commands to flash the recovery image:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
Start the recovery by making sure the RCK icon is highlighted (use volume down to move) and push volume up to select.
If you need to move to the latest bootloader then manually install the 10.26.1.18 firmware from the Asus website.

In recovery choose install zip - install zip from /sdcard and maneuver to the folder you put the rom.zip (vol up and down) and select it using power button.

The AROMA installer will start - as we have no touch screen drivers in CWM yet you will have to use VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN to navigate and POWER to select. Choose as many options as you require ;)

Finally reboot when finished. :)

CHANGE LOG
Quote:

24/03/2014 CROMi-X v6.1 Full ROM
o Updated my Stock Modded kernel to include preinit functionality - thanks _that
----This allows scripts like ROM2SD and DATA2Sd to be run - Not working yet
o Added Res Changer to installer for extra speed : 4 RES available (2560x1600, 1920x1200, 1600x1000, 1280x800)
---NOTE After booting once with the new resolution you need to reboot one more time for it to update icons and fonts properly
o Updated Nexus bootanination to NexusFlow
o Updated Asus Miracast to version 1.0.8
o Updated Google Maps to version 7.7.0
o Updated Google Search to version 3.3.11
o Updated Google Music to version 5.4.1413N
o Updated Google TTS to version 3.0.10
o Updated Google Core Services to latest version
o Updated Google Keyboard to version 3.0.19373
o Updated YouTube to version 5.5.27
o Updated Android Terminal Emulator to version 1.0.58
o Updated Titanium Backup to version 6.1.5.4
o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.1.1
o Updated Xposed Framework to version 2.5
o Updated Gravity Box module to version 3.0.0

Older Versions:

21/02/2014 CROMi-X v6.0.1a Patch
o Updated dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=a,u=n to dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=f,u=n,v=a
This patch includes all the changes in 6.0.1
This should fix the issues with bootloops on 6.0.1 - thanks LetMeKNow and YayYouFixedIt!

16/02/2014 CROMi-X v6.0.1 Patch
o Updated Asus Keyboard with my darker theme - removed most blue background and normal keys
o Updated Super User and binary to version 1.93
o Updated Google Maps to version 7.6.1
o Updated Google Search to version 3.2.17
o Updated Google Music to version 5.4.1409N
o Updated Google Core Services to latest version
o Build.prop updates:
Added pm.sleep_mode=2
Added ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
Updated dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,o=v,u=n to dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=v=n,o=a,u=n

03/02/2014 CROMi-X v6.0 Final Full ROM
o Packaged all the changes since beta2 into full rom
o 3 Kernels are availble as options: Modded Stock, Mooded CM and Stock
o Added build.prop Force GPU to Disable Software Rendering option
o Added phab7 Xposed module to allow Tablet GUI!
o Updated touch pressure scale back to 0.001 in build.prop
o Updated GravityBox to version 2.9.4
o Updated ES File Explorer to version 3.1.0.1
o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.12.10
o Updated Apex Launcher to version 2.3.0
o Updated Nova Launcher to version 2.3
o Updated Asus Miracast to version 1.0.6
o Fixed missing FaceLock permissions in installer
o Fixed symlinks not triggering due to unmounted /system in installer

01/02/2014 CROMi-X v6.0 Release Candidate 1 Test Patch
o Repacked pershoot's cm kernel with my TF701 stock ramdisk for testing
o Upped min fling velocity to 90,000 and max fling velocity to 200,000 in build.prop
o touch pressure scale increased to 0.01 in build.prop

25/01/2014 CROMi-X v6.0beta5 Patch
o Added Advanced Power Menu to android.policy.jar
o Added Smooth Scrolling Cache mod to framework.jar
o Upped min fling velocity to 25,000 and max fling velocity to 50,000 in build.prop
o touch pressure scale decreased to 0.0001 in build.prop

21/01/2014 CROMi-X v6.0beta4 Patch
o This patch includes the beta 3 changes as well as below on top
o Updated repacked Kernel with new ramdisk; init.rc and init.macallan.rc tweaks
kernel.random.read_wakeup_threshold=3072
kernel.random.write_wakeup_threshold=4096
kernel.threads-max=524288
vm.dirty_ratio=90
vm.dirty_background_ratio=70
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=200
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs=0
vm.min_free_kbytes=8192
vm.vfs_cache_pressure=10
vm.oom_kill_allocating_task=0
mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb 4096
mmcblk1/queue/read_ahead_kb 6144
kernel/sched_latency_ns 8000000
kernel/sched_wakeup_granularity_ns 700000
kernel/sched_rt_runtime_us 500000
kernel/sched_rt_period_us 600000
cpu.rt_runtime_us 500000
cpu.rt_period_us 600000
apps/cpu.rt_runtime_us 400000
apps/cpu.rt_period_us 500000
apps/bg_non_interactive/cpu.rt_runtime_us 300000
apps/bg_non_interactive/cpu.rt_period_us 400000
setrlimit 13 96 96
vm/page-cluster 5
vm/overcommit_ratio 100
vm/min_free_order_shift 1

o Interactive Governor Tweaks:
up_threshold 75
sustain_load 95
go_maxspeed_load 85
max_boost 1912500
midrange_max_boost 19125000
midrange_freq 760000
midrange_go_maxspeed_load 75
min_sample_time 40000
max_normal_freq 1800000
high_freq_min_delay 4000
timer_rate 20000

o Updated Superuser to latest version which fixes CWM asking to fix root on every reboot
o Updated CPU Profiles to up FPS Limit to no limit for performance, 90FPS for balanced, 60FPS for power saving

18/01/2014 CROMi-X v6.0beta3 Patch
o Fixed Adobe Flash not working
o Updated Google Play Services to latest version
o Updated CPU Profiles to up FPS Limit to 90FPS
o Removed Smart Dimmer enabled and aggressiveness for all profiles except power saving
o Added Force GPU to build.prop
o Tweaked init.d script to have better memory mgmt and read ahead caching

12/01/2014 CROMi-X v6.0beta2 Full ROM
o Re-implemented DPI changing in Aroma
o Fixed Keyboard Dock mapping
o Fixed browser to ram script for new Asus Browser
o Recompiled Browser with about:debug settings enabled in labs - CPU Path and Light Touch both enabled
o Recompiled Asus Reader with Alice in Wonderland removed
o Fixed Xposed modules not loading after a clean install
o Moved Adobe Flash from /data to /system
o Started build.prop tweaks from scratch
o Aroma is buggy - no touch screen input - dropped down to v2.56 as better key navigation

11/01/2014 CROMi-X v6.0beta2 Full ROM
o Initial Closed Beta Release
o Completely rebuilt ROM using Asus 10.26.1.18 WW/US stock source. Deodexed by me
o Rebuilt stock kernel from Asus 10.26.1.18 source. Added insecure, adb and also init.d support
o Updated SuperUser and binary to version 1.86
o Updated to new Aroma Installer v2.70RC2 with CROMi-X theme by me
o Updated Google and Asus apps to latest versions
o Removed Asus Dial home apps cmclient and dmclient
o Removed Tegra Zone, BitCast, Kindle, Chrome, Flipboard, Magazines, Books, Zinio, Google Plus, Press Reader
o Added Titanium Backup, ES FIle Explorer, Android Terminal Emulator, Adaway, DropBox, Pie Launcher, Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Keyboard Manager as options
o Added Tweaks; Browser to RAM script, Zip Align script, HOSTS file for ad blocking, dock keys remapping, GPU/Software rendering, Xposed with GravityBox as options

DEODEX VERSION DOWNLOADS
During installation the AROMA installer will start. As we have no touch screen drivers in CWM yet you will have to use VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN to navigate and POWER to select. Choose as many options as you require ;)

The installer occasionally fails to finish, please restart recovery and flash again - this is a bug between Aroma and CWM

CROMi-Xenogenesis 6.1 DEODEX Full Mirror 1

CROMi-Xenogenesis 6.1 DEODEX Full Mirror 2

MD5 Sum: 28966f22f0fd7c28a895cb57fbc4d7f9

ODEX VERSION
See Post 2 for how to ODEX the rom yourself

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars
Care to support the development of this and future ROMS? Please click the Donate to Me button on the left side of the screen under my user name

XDA:DevDB Information
CROMi-X TF701T, a ROM for the Asus Transformer TF701

Contributors
sbdags
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 10.26.1.18 Bootloader & CWM 6.0.4.7
Based On: Asus Stock

Version Information
Current Beta Version: N/A
Release Date: 2014-03-24

Created 2014-01-12
Last Updated 2014-03-24
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 09:37 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry

Donate to Me
More
Angry Add Ons
CROMi-X REODEXER DOWNLOAD

Click here to discover which is best : ODEX or DEODEX

Rather than release a whole new rom I made a small flashable zip file that will take CROMi-X DEODEX and ODEX the framework and system apks. This way you can do it yourself (And save me lots of work)

It takes about 5 mins to do and the result afterwards is you have a fully ODEXED rom. The odexed version feels smoother than the DEODEX version to me Although theoretically it should make no difference.

Instructions: Flash the DEODEX ROM then flash this after and reboot (Remember it takes about 5 mins to reodex a rom fully)

TF701T CWM ODEX Flashable Zip

Don't try this on a CM11 based rom or a non Asus 4.3 based rom as it will cause boot loops

================================================== ================================================== =====================================

CROMi-X ASUS APPS INSTALLER / REMOVER DOWNLOAD

Go to the following thread and flash my Aroma Installer to add or remove apps you want

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2650721
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 09:38 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 09:51 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Nice, thank. Downloading now.
2 Questions. What is the difference between the US version and the We version? How can I check the bootloader version and what is the latest?
I assume that I have the latest already because I installed you other rooted ROM with no issues but I just wanted to confirm.

And thanks again.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleeepy2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sleeepy2 Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 09:54 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeepy2

Nice, thank. Downloading now.
2 Questions. What is the difference between the US version and the We version? How can I check the bootloader version and what is the latest?
I assume that I have the latest already because I installed you other rooted ROM with no issues but I just wanted to confirm.

And thanks again.

You can check the bootloader by reading the top left text when you boot into the bootloader Sounds like you already have the right one though

The only difference between the US and WW are the build.prop fingerprint and keys and US has different Wifi regulations so doesn't allow as many channels as WW. You can flash either regardless of where you bought the device

The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 09:56 PM |#6  
Flag Toronto

More
Sweet thanks for such a quick response. Only 28% downloaded so far

12th January 2014, 10:01 PM |#7  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 479

More
you are too good sir!!! flashing now
12th January 2014, 10:01 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sweet thanks for such a quick response. Only 28% downloaded so far

Still uploading 2 other mirrors.

AS you will see you can massively debloat the rom but I'm thinking there are probably loads of apps no one uses. I could probably clear 300MB of Asus rubbish and have it as a separate download?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
12th January 2014, 10:16 PM |#9  
Flag Toronto

More
Might be a good idea later. I've only had it a week so I still have almost all 32 gigs free the extra 300MB isn't that big of a deal. Also the extra bloat can be easily be done manually later.

12th January 2014, 10:32 PM |#10  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 479

More
Quote:

Might be a good idea later. I've only had it a week so I still have almost all 32 gigs free the extra 300MB isn't that big of a deal. Also the extra bloat can be easily be done manually later.

but faster download and less performance hold back by asus apps. separate flashable aroma zip will be helpful if we want to install apps
12th January 2014, 10:36 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDinosaur

but faster download and less performance hold back by asus apps. separate flashable aroma zip will be helpful if we want to install apps

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

fellow flashers, in aroma use volume up and down and power to make selections

Just like it says in bold red in the op lol

The AROMA installer will start - as we have no touch screen drivers in CWM yet you will have to use VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN to navigate and POWER to select. Choose as many options as you require
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)