Android Kitkat 4.4.2
So once again it’s time to upgrade our project to Android 4.4.2
Let’s emphasize that-- THIS IS AN ALPHA, RELEASED FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH AND GET A SENSE OF WHAT’S TO COME. AND SOME THINGS DOESN’T WORK. REALLY. IF YOU ARE EXPECTING ANYTHING CLOSE TO PERFECTION, WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER, LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR AN HOUR OR SO, THEN COME BACK. MORE EXCITING DISCLAIMERS/WARNINGS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS CAN BE FOUND BELOW. READ THEM.
CM sources of 13.01.2014
Updated to linux kernel version 3.0.101
270 MB RAM
KNOWN BUGS (what doesn't work):
- Network registration don't work with some SIM cards
- Conference Calls
- Some problems with audio codec settings, but generally it should
- Impossible to shut down phone in android, only restart
- Don't leave phone charging without supervising - if it gets enormously hot, disconnect it - this can literally blow up battery as there is no overheating protection yet. Do not leave it connected on 100% - it'll discharge by 1% all the time, and then recharge, what's very unhealthy for battery.
Maybe something else, what i forgot
You get none. Zero. Zip. We obligate ourselves to providing nothing further. You are on your own and will have to help each other via this thread. This is provided “as-is”, and if you don’t like it, use Bada or other releases.
We basically lack time to give full dedication to this rom, and we’re looking for skilled devs who know the Android, and/or other things that might be relevant.
Please join us on IRC: some people are on #badadroid (freenode).
This is the format for a bug report: “XXXXX isn’t working. Here is how to fix it: [INCLUDE SOLUTION]” Don’t have source? Too bad.
You’ll have to wait then.
If you report bugs, please don’t be disappointed if we can’t fix them immediately (or even never). It’s not because we don’t care, but because we don’t have time or don’t know how to fix it.
Please attach logcat and dmesg dump in your bug report. Dmesg should contain messages from both - bootup and issue occuring (you can't dump it 1 hour after bootup, rather 2 minutes after)
How to dump logs - Google for "android logcat dmesg" Or... whatever, here's one of 3204109 methods available.
In the Terminal Emulator enter:
Accept request for SuperUser access.
"dmesg > /storage/sdcard1/dmesg.txt"
"logcat -b system -b radio -b events -b main -d -f /storage/sdcard1/logcat.txt *:V"
"logcat -b radio -d -f /storage/sdcard1/radiolog.txt *:V"
Download them from phone, archive and upload them.
Privacy warning: Your logcat might contain sensitive information like your IMEI, IMSI, cell stations you were nearby, numbers you called and got calls from and SMS sent and received. If you don't want to publish this info - send them privately to one of developers.
Try to start kernel normally, when you see Badadroid logo start holding the middle key pressed. Keep the middle key pressed until phone restarts and shows the text: FOTA DOWNLOAD MODE & bTerm
Connect phone to PC.
Type 4 commands:
dumpram 0x4FF00000 0x100000
There should appear file called dump_ram_0x4FF00000.0x00100000.bin - pack it and attach it to your bug report.
NOTE: DEVELOPERS WANTED. Please contact us if you are a developer with something to contribute.
I do heavily encourage to work together on the better, common project instead of making kang releases and demanding money for somebody else's work.
Read as: If you think you can make something better than this by doing less and muchazo Ctrl+C Ctrl+V - you suck, go figure the rest.
HOW TO BUILD
I do recommend perfect tutorial by fattire: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
Of course you have to init with -b cm-11.0 and modify some steps.
local manifest to use: https://raw.github.com/Badadroid/and...l_manifest.xml
I do it like this:
cd ~ mkdir wave cd wave repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0 cd .repo wget https://raw.github.com/Badadroid/android_wave_local_manifest/cm-11.0/local_manifest.xml cd .. repo sync -j8 cd vendor/cm/ ./get-prebuilts cd ../../ . build/envsetup.sh brunch wave
Bada 2.0 is required
- Enter Bada Settings->General->Memory and make sure you have at least:
370MB of free "System" memory
160MB of free "User" memory
400MB of free "Applications" memory
- Download BOOTFILES, armlinux_boot for your device:
(please pay attention if it's S8500 or S8530 BOOTFILES and FOTA you're choosing!):
- Download ROM from CHANGELOG section
- Start Bada.
- Extract zImage from zip and copy it to the Bada's User partition (the one about 390MB big).
- Copy whole .zip to the Bada's User partition or SD Card.
- Flash BOOTFILES and FOTA using Multiloader.
- Reboot the phone holding Power and Call key.
- FOTA set of red messages should appear, after about 15seconds Badadroid logo shows up.
- Be patient, first bootup will keep unresponsible on Badadroid logo for up to 5 minutes.
- CWM Recovery starts, pick:
- "install zip"
- "choose zip from from storage/sdcard1"(Bada's User partition) or "choose zip from storage/sdcard0"(SD Card)
- cm-11-wave-<release id>.zip
- Yes - install
- Reboot holding the Power key
Do not remove zImage file.
Normal bootup is available using Power+Call keys
CWM Recovery mode is available using Power+Volume Up keys
CWM Flashing does overwrite zImage. So every next update you can just flash .zip through CWM.
For activation Performance and Developer Options categories in Settings you need Settings->About Phone and tap 7 times on Build number
GAPPS make our ROM slowler, because also slim GAPPS take about 15-20 MB RAM permanently
SLIM GAPPS: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/users/ZordanKV/?fld_id=28623#files
HOW TO UNINSTALL
Follow the steps there: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=393
Special thanks to Rebellos for his CM10 ROM, for his good sources and many time, what he spent for my learning
Another Badadroid devs: Oleg_k, mijoma, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, hunktb, autra, Tigrouzen and many others.
CyanogenMod team for base ROM
Pawitp, kasper_h and all other aries developers
Paulk and Replicant project for good base for bada-modem RIL
and many other who help us.
- CM sources 2.06.2014
- Patches from SGS
- CM sources 30.03.2014
- Many changes from CM core team
- Kernel with new optimization (Last Mackay Kernel from Nameless ROM)(new Zram algorithm, GPU fixes and etc. )
- Included fix for Wave2 from chemosun. This patch reduce Wave 2 screen wake up bug, i don't know about battery drain. He sent me it several months ago, but i forgot to include it to previous release
- Screen Frame rate path. Thanks to Alberto96
- Disabled 720p recording/playback. Big thanks to Alberto96 for idea and sources. It gave us more RAM.(total available in ROM 283MB) It is correctly disabled in ROM. so Photo camera is fully working, video camera is only 480p. For 720p playback you can use third-party apps like MXPlayer and etc.
If you go from previous releases, you need to clean data for Gallery and Camera application
- CM sources 21.02.2014
- Many changes from CM core team
-Added Basic GPS
- CM Sources 01.02.2014
- Zram 120Mb by default
- Some improvements for bootanimation
- Fixed some mistake in init, which can be the reason of some wi-fi problems
- CM sources 28.01.2014
- Many changes from CM core team: Call delay workaround by pawitp was merged to CM sources, so no need to flash it
- Added test Battery thread to RIL https://github.com/Badadroid/android...0c108773cf9ffd
- Added overlay for hardware camera key
v4 Initial CM11 release: http://www.multiupload.nl/YHC2P74SJZ
- CM Sources 13.01.2014
- Big patch set from mackay kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532813 :
updated CPU governors, I/O schedulers, and many other performance patches
- 80Mb zRAM
Overall project thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1459391