FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] [XPosed] Disable charging led

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 55
 
By BobLC, Member on 14th January 2014, 02:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,
I was looking for a simple way to disable the led when the phone is charging, without success...
So I decided to try it myself, with the XPosed framework.

Please feel free to try this mod : by default, all the leds are enable. You can enable/disable each led (low/charging/full) in the XPosed module settings.

The module is tested only on my 4.4.2 stock XPeria ZR. It should run on others phones (nothing specific to sony) but I did not try myself.

As usual with XPosed modules, you need to activate the module in XPosed, then reboot. You don't need to reboot when you change the leds settings.

Edit : Added to the XPosed module repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.b...blechargingled

Edit : This mod cannot enable leds that are not enable in your rom/device. That's only for disabling it.

If you have any problem, please try the 1.0.2 version and activate the log in the settings. Please pm me the XPosed log to let me see what is wrong. Thanks.

Please post any suggestions/bugs/questions in this thread, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-14-15-36-10[1].jpg
Views:	6719
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2515414  
Attached Files
File Type: apk DisableChargingLed.1.0.0[1].apk - [Click for QR Code] (16.8 KB, 540 views)
File Type: apk DisableChargingLed.1.0.1.dbg[1].apk - [Click for QR Code] (17.1 KB, 368 views)
File Type: apk DisableChargingLed.1.0.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (17.8 KB, 1169 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to BobLC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BobLC Ad-Free
 
 
15th January 2014, 02:28 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Elsinore
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLC

Hi guys,
I was looking for a simple way to disable the led when the phone is charging, without success...
So I decided to try it myself, with the XPosed framework.

Please feel free to try this mod : by default, all the leds are enable. You can enable/disable each led (low/charging/full) in the XPosed module settings.

The module is tested only on my 4.3 stock XPeria ZR. It should run on others phones (nothing specific to sony) but I did not try myself.

As usual with XPosed modules, you need to activate the module in XPosed, then reboot. You don't need to reboot when you change the leds settings.

Edit : Added to the XPosed module repository : http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.b...blechargingled

Please post any suggestions/bugs/questions in this thread, thanks.

Tried installing and running on the Nexus 5, no dice.
15th January 2014, 02:32 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdagreenphd

Tried installing and running on the Nexus 5, no dice.

Arghhh... on which rom are you running ?
15th January 2014, 06:34 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Lake Elsinore
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLC

Arghhh... on which rom are you running ?

Stock Rom, Stock Kernal, Rooted.
15th January 2014, 08:17 PM |#5  
CatsAreGods's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rescue
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Not working on Nexus 4 either...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
16th January 2014, 08:44 AM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreGods

Not working on Nexus 4 either...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Could you please tell me if there is anything related to this mod in the XPosed log ?
I don't have rooted Nexus to test...
16th January 2014, 01:48 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Ok, got it. BatteryService changed in 4.4. I need to handle both code.
16th January 2014, 02:24 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreGods

Not working on Nexus 4 either...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi CatsAreGod, just to be sure, are you running on stock ? Which version ? Cause it seems that the Nexus 4 has no charging led on stock...
16th January 2014, 06:40 PM |#9  
mefistos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sligo
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLC

Hi CatsAreGod, just to be sure, are you running on stock ? Which version ? Cause it seems that the Nexus 4 has no charging led on stock...

There is no charging LED on stock nexus... but it would be nice to have option to enable it... something like CM does...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mefistos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mefistos Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 07:22 PM |#10  
CatsAreGods's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rescue
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLC

Hi CatsAreGod, just to be sure, are you running on stock ? Which version ? Cause it seems that the Nexus 4 has no charging led on stock...

I'm stock 4.4.2 except for Franco kernel. And no, Nexus 4 does not have a dedicated charging LED, but I thought this used the notification LED for that purpose, as I've used other programs for that in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CatsAreGods For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CatsAreGods Ad-Free
17th January 2014, 10:29 AM |#11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsAreGods

I'm stock 4.4.2 except for Franco kernel. And no, Nexus 4 does not have a dedicated charging LED, but I thought this used the notification LED for that purpose, as I've used other programs for that in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Well, this mod is only for disabling already functionnal led, not for enabling led for device without charging led. I'm afraid I couldn't do anything for you At least not with this mod...
The Following User Says Thank You to BobLC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BobLC Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
@cities516, charging, led, xperia, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes