Post 2: Commotio by DHO
Smooth like Butta
With permission from DHO I now present VanirAOSP and Commotio
[DHO xda Profile]
Follow on G+: Team Vanir
Donate to: DHO - Team Vanir
Not all features are available yet.
- Quick Setting including numerous customizations
- Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
- % displayed in battery + circle mod
- Customizable buttons + colors
- Customizable height + width
- Navi Ring
- Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
- Ad blocking
- PIE: with extended options
- Tablet UI Chooser
- DPI/LCD changer + force tablet settings mode
- Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
- Galaxy Nexus Parts
- ADB over network
- Bravia Engine 2.0
- Custom Carrier text
- Custom backlight
- Expanded Desktop: with different modes
- Extended Power menu
- A-GPS. - Kang PrimeDirective –> Credit happily1986
- Long press back to kill (in developer options)
- Selectable Gtalk
- Expanded Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity
- Expanded MMS including Quick Emoji
- Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)
- Functional Sound Recorder
- Koush’s Superuser
- Vanir Keyboard – removed tracking/logging – highly optimized
- Processor governor + speed
- Voltage control
- I/o Scheduler
- Disable boot animation
- Enhance recent menu
- Beats Audio – Cherry picked from several sources, but chiefly NexusLouderV6B5
- Quiet Hours
- DSP Manager included (Credit CM)
- Volume wake / rocker music controld
- Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Commotio/Vanir
- All inclusive ~180 MB –> 60 MB of Bloat removed
- Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
- And soo much more
**Vanir Open Status
Vanir nightly Downloads:
**NuclearMistake Mirror 4.4.4
**DHO Mirror - 4.4.4 Commotio Here
**4.4.4 Gapps by DHO - Art Compatible 09-15-2014
**4.4.4 Minimalist Gapps by DHO
**4.4.2 Gapps by banks
**4.4.2 PA Gapps
**4.3 Gapps 20130813
Commotio Lock + Halo - Credit JFay22
Vanir Lock + Halo - Credit JFay22
1) Gapps: The proper way to dirty flash Gapps is FIRST the GAPPS then the ROM. For a clean install you flash the ROM then the GAPPS.
-- Why? Vanir supports automatic Gapps restore. If you dirty flash the ROM first it resurrects dead libs + other Gapp taint
2) Any problems with dialer/phone, clear your data in dialer. .
Disclaimer : Use these ROM's at your own risk and please don't blame me if you brick your device . I keep this updated with latest news and advisories as best I can .
Special Thanks to DHO ( Core Developer Team Vanir ) for making this possible .
Special thanks to MTB3000GT ( Developer and Maintainer for Mokee ) for Contributing and helping me out .
Special Thanks to Dastin1015 ( Developer Team Hydra and CM ) for his work and breakthroughs for Telephony and Data
Special Thanks to all of Team Vanir for their tireless work in bringing these great Rom's to the masses .
Latest news - 02-04 -2014
Advisory - Stick to the latest builds . Older builds prior to 02-01-2014 either have no 3G , no telephony and going further back have sdcard0 mount issues . Stick to the latest builds !!
I recommend installing DHO's current gapps found here http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/4...-DHO-GAPPs.zip
The DHO gapps work great and are custom created , very nice . Other gapps do work such as PAgapps . Experiment with gapps as you please and at your own risk .
Recently I started running Vanir and Commotio on my Galaxy Nexus . They quickly became my favorite ROM of choice for that phone and then I discovered they were building nightly builds even for the EPIC 4G Touch but no one has maintained it .
I was actually shocked to discover these builds . I originally went to Vanir and DHO to beg them to build for our phone and stumbled across this article . It was interesting at the time but the Rom was riddled with issues related to our device
such as broken telephony etc . Thankfully we have come a long way with DHO's efforts .
If you are new and don't know what your doing please don't flash these ROMS until you've read through the thread and make yourself aware of previous known issues ..
You can visit the Vanir Community here https://plus.google.com/communities/...32131473754160 . I'm not sure how much we should ask for help there at this point . I think we need to keep it here for the most part since those guys are mostly core developers for all the various aspects of the rom .
Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy these ROMs