FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Soft bricked, can't wipe or restore old backups, help!

1,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 150

By Kalavere, Senior Member on 15th January 2014, 09:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay, so I recently (yesterday) rooted my Note 3, I was running X-Note v7.0 and CWM Based Recovery v6.0.4.5., Samsung Voice was annoying me so I decided to delete it via Root Explorer, it seems it wasn't actually Samsung Voice and upon reset it struggled to boot into the ROM, the background was black, I couldn't access anything but the notification bar.

I was a bit annoyed, but no worries, I'll just re-install X-Note and it'll replace the missing file and I'll be good to go. Wrong. It was exactly the same. So I thought I'll have to wipe and re-install, slightly more annoyed as it's taken me a day to set the device up nicely!

I wiped, re-installed and still, it's the same. I've wiped the data and factory reset five times in a row from recovery, wiped dalvik, formatted, /System, /Data & /Cache separately. Re-installed the ROM again and it still won't work.

It will do the normal long boot, showing the boot animation, then boot into the setup screen, won't let me use Wi-FI, so I skip that and all Google logins etc etc, load the new ROM and it's just black, again.

So now I am soft bricked, I can't wipe, I can't re-install, I cant't lay my stock backup over the ROM. I'm currently downloading Omega v6.0 to see if another ROM will fix it.

Any advice? I'm fast running out of ideas! Is there any way to totally format the internal memory like the Galaxy Nexus had? That way I can do a complete fresh install which should fix my issue.

15th January 2014, 09:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 495

Donate to Me
More
Flash stock
Root
Flassh cwm
Flash xnote

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app
15th January 2014, 09:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty

Flash stock
Root
Flassh cwm
Flash xnote

hit 'thanks' if i helped you
SM-N9005 DBT-DMJ7 0x0
XDA Developers 4 premium app

Do you know where I can find the stock UK Vodafone ROM? I haven't seen a repository.
15th January 2014, 09:49 PM |#4  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,546

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavere

Do you know where I can find the stock UK Vodafone ROM? I haven't seen a repository.

Sammobile, but if you want a faster download grab one from dejmbey's thread in the dev section (pre-rooted)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radicalisto Ad-Free
15th January 2014, 11:16 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto

Sammobile, but if you want a faster download grab one from dejmbey's thread in the dev section (pre-rooted)

I've found the thread here, can I install any on a UK Vodafone N3? Is the first one okay to flash?
15th January 2014, 11:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Okay, so I have no baseband or IME it seems, I've found this thread and I think it will solve my problem. I am getting zero reception and my phone is rebooting so fast I can barely get into the settings menu.
16th January 2014, 01:40 AM |#7  
Flag York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay, so I have no baseband or IME it seems, I've found this thread and I think it will solve my problem. I am getting zero reception and my phone is rebooting so fast I can barely get into the settings menu.

Here flash this HERE this will fix your bootloop, efs corrupted, it happens sometimes, so don't panic too much!!
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radicalisto Ad-Free
16th January 2014, 04:35 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Here flash this HERE this will fix your bootloop, efs corrupted, it happens sometimes, so don't panic too much!!

Radicalisto, you are my new best friend!
16th January 2014, 08:47 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Okay, so the ROM seems stable enough. I have data service as I'm writing this through the network, but, I can't receive texts or calls, I can call and send texts out, but I can't receive any in return.

Any ideas?
16th January 2014, 08:50 PM |#10  
Flag York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay, so the ROM seems stable enough. I have data service as I'm writing this through the network, but, I can't receive texts or calls, I can call and send texts out, but I can't receive any in return.

Any ideas?

Double check your APN regarding the txts - calls however, you may need to fresh flash as it may have caused some coruption - did you dirty flash? if so, probably your issue.
16th January 2014, 09:30 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Double check your APN regarding the txts - calls however, you may need to fresh flash as it may have caused some coruption - did you dirty flash? if so, probably your issue.

It was a clean flash, which wasn't great. So I restored an older backup which was also crap, so I dirty flashed over it and I've got some call and texts received but it keeps dropping to one bar of HSDPA and then dropping out completely.

Regarding the APN, I'm on stock Vodafone contract. I've not looked into changing it. It all seems in order.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)