FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TF300TG 4.2.1 Stock ROM - Root Guide - TWRP Recovery

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By eonomia, Junior Member on 19th January 2014, 09:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
TWRP ROOT the ASUS TRANSFORMER TF300TG with Android 4.2.1 jb & WW_epad-10.6.2.10
Finally i rooted my device successfully and it's how i did it ,
This guide is for helping you to root TF300TG with stock rom and this recovery process is only for those devices which have Jelly Bean 4.2.1 stock rom installed and have a unlocked bootloader.

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

2- Download and extract attachment file ( twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.rar ).

3- Rename extracted file(twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob) to twrp.blob and copy it to your fastboot folder.

4- Connect the tablet to PC via USB cable.

5- Now enter Recovery mode. For this press and hold Volume Down key along with Power key, now press Volume Down key to highlight USB icon or RCK icon.

6- Open command prompt. For this, go to Start. Select ‘Run’ and type ‘cmd’. go to your fastboot folder.

7- type following command-line in cmd-window:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob
Remember : Wait a minute until you've seen in the CMD window that the upload is finished.

8- Your device will reboot if not , type following command-line in cmd window to reboot:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

9- After reboot you just have to keep Volume Down button along with Power button to come back to the selection menu.

in this menu select RCK by volume down and after that you only have to press the Volume Up button, so you get to TWRP mode.

10- In TWRP, tap Reboot, then System and It will ask you if you want to install root so Swipe to install.

11- Once your reboot into the android os follow the SuperSU instructions to complete the root process.

10- Congratulations, now you're just flash the TWRP recovery and enjoy being Rooted.
Attached Files
File Type: rar twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.58 MB, 7630 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eonomia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eonomia Ad-Free
 
 
10th March 2014, 10:50 PM |#2  
diamantericos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 260
 
More
Can I use ghis on my us tf3oot of course change file names and stuff. Because I cant for the life if me root this 4.2.1 bootloader im unlocked already. But is the computer saying command not recovnized

The Demon Galaxy!
10th March 2014, 11:13 PM |#3  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 894
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamantericos

Can I use ghis on my us tf3oot of course change file names and stuff. Because I cant for the life if me root this 4.2.1 bootloader im unlocked already. But is the computer saying command not recovnized

The Demon Galaxy!

You will have to use the tf300t version of TWRP if you want to use it with a tf300t. Use the -42 version.
9th April 2014, 06:26 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Question
Hello,
i have asus tf300tg 4.2.1 WW_epad-10.6.2.11 i have two questions first is can i use twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob for my asus and the second is how to creat fastboot folder do i have to use android sdk manager.Sorry for my question but i am very confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonomia

TWRP ROOT the ASUS TRANSFORMER TF300TG with Android 4.2.1 jb & WW_epad-10.6.2.10
Finally i rooted my device successfully and it's how i did it ,
This guide is for helping you to root TF300TG with stock rom and this recovery process is only for those devices which have Jelly Bean 4.2.1 stock rom installed and have a unlocked bootloader.

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

2- Download and extract attachment file ( twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.rar ).

3- Rename extracted file(twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob) to twrp.blob and copy it to your fastboot folder.

4- Connect the tablet to PC via USB cable.

5- Now enter Recovery mode. For this press and hold Volume Down key along with Power key, now press Volume Down key to highlight USB icon or RCK icon.

6- Open command prompt. For this, go to Start. Select ‘Run’ and type ‘cmd’. go to your fastboot folder.

7- type following command-line in cmd-window:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob
Remember : Wait a minute until you've seen in the CMD window that the upload is finished.

8- Your device will reboot if not , type following command-line in cmd window to reboot:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

9- After reboot you just have to keep Volume Down button along with Power button to come back to the selection menu.

in this menu select RCK by volume down and after that you only have to press the Volume Up button, so you get to TWRP mode.

10- In TWRP, tap Reboot, then System and It will ask you if you want to install root so Swipe to install.

11- Once your reboot into the android os follow the SuperSU instructions to complete the root process.

10- Congratulations, now you're just flash the TWRP recovery and enjoy being Rooted.

9th April 2014, 10:25 PM |#5  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 894
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tf300tg

Hello,
i have asus tf300tg 4.2.1 WW_epad-10.6.2.11 i have two questions first is can i use twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob for my asus and the second is how to creat fastboot folder do i have to use android sdk manager.Sorry for my question but i am very confused

You can install minimal ADB and fastboot instead of the whole thing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmendonc2 Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 04:08 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[Q]
After type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob then press enter,the command window has appeared Failed: Invalid State. Plz tell me why. Tnx
21st June 2014, 01:17 AM |#7  
zlazaar's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 137
 
More
TWRP for TF300T work with no issues on TF300TG
Initialy flashed v2.5.0.0 then updated to v2.7.1.0
7th July 2014, 06:25 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Will this also work for the latest firmware 10.6.2.11?
18th July 2014, 06:46 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Error
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonomia

TWRP ROOT the ASUS TRANSFORMER TF300TG with Android 4.2.1 jb & WW_epad-10.6.2.10
Finally i rooted my device successfully and it's how i did it ,
This guide is for helping you to root TF300TG with stock rom and this recovery process is only for those devices which have Jelly Bean 4.2.1 stock rom installed and have a unlocked bootloader.

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

2- Download and extract attachment file ( twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.rar ).

3- Rename extracted file(twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob) to twrp.blob and copy it to your fastboot folder.

4- Connect the tablet to PC via USB cable.

5- Now enter Recovery mode. For this press and hold Volume Down key along with Power key, now press Volume Down key to highlight USB icon or RCK icon.

6- Open command prompt. For this, go to Start. Select ‘Run’ and type ‘cmd’. go to your fastboot folder.

7- type following command-line in cmd-window:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob
Remember : Wait a minute until you've seen in the CMD window that the upload is finished.

8- Your device will reboot if not , type following command-line in cmd window to reboot:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

9- After reboot you just have to keep Volume Down button along with Power button to come back to the selection menu.

in this menu select RCK by volume down and after that you only have to press the Volume Up button, so you get to TWRP mode.

10- In TWRP, tap Reboot, then System and It will ask you if you want to install root so Swipe to install.

11- Once your reboot into the android os follow the SuperSU instructions to complete the root process.

10- Congratulations, now you're just flash the TWRP recovery and enjoy being Rooted.

Well, I had an error on my TF300TG Android 4.2.1 when choose RCK. Np matter how many times I try. Could it be the drivers?
23rd August 2014, 09:29 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Aveiro
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
worked in TF300TL
25th August 2014, 05:01 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohandeWit

Will this also work for the latest firmware 10.6.2.11?

Hi ! I'm wondering the same question... Did you try? Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes