0 Vote(s)
0%

SCH-R740C Cricket Samsung Galaxy Discover CWM / CyanogenMod development

162 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By cowboyenvy, Senior Member on 20th January 2014, 12:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Installing Clockwork Mod Recovery

Warning these files are for the sch-r740c only, these files and procedures will void your warranty and may brick your phone.
Use at your own risk assuming all responsibility for loss or damage that may result from use of these files or procedures.
You have been warned do not come crying to me!

-- Depreciated -- Odin + R740c CWM Touch Recovery -- Depreciated --
Odin V3.07.zip
Stock-boot+system-R740CVVBNA5.tar.md5
Stock-recovery-R740CVVBNA5.tar.md5
CWM-recovery-amazing3gcri-eng.tar.md5

Follow these steps very carefully, or you might brick your phone.

1. Download the Odin Flashing Application package and the tar.md5 on this thread Extract Odin to a known location and copy the tar.md5 files to the same location

2. Right click on the .exe file inside of the odin folder and select “Run as Administrator”

3. Now that odin is running:

4. Place you galaxy discover in download mode:
4a. With phone off hold vol - and power button
4b. Wait for the phone to present it warning menu release vol - and power
4c. press Vol +

5. Uncheck Auto Reboot

6. CLICK ON THE PDA BUTTON

7. browse to the appropriate sub directory and select Stock-boot+system-R740CVVBNA5.tar.md5

8. Press Start.

DO NOT DISCONNECT, UNPLUG, PLAY WITH ANY BUTTONS, OR CLICK ANYTHING ON EITHER THE PHONE OR COMPUTER UNTIL ODIN HAS FINISHED FLASHING CLOCKWORK RECOVERY ON YOUR PHONE.

9. browse to the appropriate sub directory and select the recovery you wish to install

10. Press Start.

DO NOT DISCONNECT, UNPLUG, PLAY WITH ANY BUTTONS, OR CLICK ANYTHING ON EITHER THE PHONE OR COMPUTER UNTIL ODIN HAS FINISHED FLASHING CLOCKWORK RECOVERY ON YOUR PHONE.

11. To boot into recovery, turn off the phone, now press and hold the volume up button, press and hold the power button, wait for phone to boot to recovery, release both buttons.

-- Other Downloads
4.1.2 modem.bin 4.1.2 Modem.7z
Stock system/boot/radio 4.1.2 update for CWM amazing3gcri_stock_4_1_2.zip
Naked ROM 4.1.2 Preview update.zip for CWM amazing3gcri_unsigned_020214_231354.zip
Easy debricking/upgrading tool from Samsung Samsung Simple Upgrade for SCH-R740C
BOOTLOADER_R740CVVBNA5_1506353_REV00_user_low_ship .tar.md5
KIES_HOME_R740CVVBNA5_R740CCOMBNA5_1506353_REV00_u ser_low_ship.tar.md5 502.7 MB
vROOT
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cowboyenvy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cowboyenvy Ad-Free
20th January 2014, 01:02 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Original Backup
Quote:

As of yet, we do not have the Stock firmware, and my phone has been rooted and modded extensively, if anyone is Willing and able please create a Stock firmware backup before rooting or customizing your sch-R740C

Thanks

The original message here seems to be causing some confusion, so I'm editing it in hopes that it will make things clear for all.
At the time this message was originally we did not have a 'stock firmware' for the device of any version. subsequently we were able to build a stock image.

The original post has been updated to reflect current status and therefore has a link to the stock image.
The Following User Says Thank You to cowboyenvy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cowboyenvy Ad-Free
20th January 2014, 06:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyenvy

As of yet, we do not have the Stock firmware, and my phone has been rooted and modded extensively, if anyone is Willing and able please create a Stock firmware backup before rooting or customizing your sch-R740C

Thanks

Would also like to see stock firmware for this phone, I have seen several lay down and die and refuse to boot. They will boot to recovery, and you can wipe data and cache, but the phone continues to boot to recovery. Also, I can still boot to download mode. I'm not sure at this point whether it is software or a hardware problem as most of these are unmodified phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to crmcsh01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crmcsh01 Ad-Free
20th January 2014, 11:52 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
If your interested I can get a copy of my current system boot modem and Recovery it would not be stock but it may allow you to reserect the dead phones

Sent from my SCH-R740C using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cowboyenvy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cowboyenvy Ad-Free
21st January 2014, 03:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
do i have to be rooted for this recovery to work?
The Following User Says Thank You to nudelovin22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nudelovin22 Ad-Free
21st January 2014, 12:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudelovin22

do i have to be rooted for this recovery to work?

No you are replacing the default recovery with a custom cwm recovery via Odin. This means you are loading the firmware image before the regular operating system is loaded.

21st January 2014, 05:12 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ahhh. the trick was that you gotta pull battery out after you flash the file, before the phone reboots.. that worked for me.. BUT 4.1.2 update came out today and i lost root.. will this recovery still work
The Following User Says Thank You to nudelovin22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nudelovin22 Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 02:06 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
No do not attempt to load this recovery this is for build 4.0.4 will try and see if I can update to 4.1 and create a new recovery

22nd January 2014, 02:48 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
I need images

22nd January 2014, 01:19 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Will look into compiling cm tonight when I get back to my computer.

Still looking for information dumps

22nd January 2014, 03:49 PM |#11  
Flag Albuquerque, New Mexico
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyenvy

Will look into compiling cm tonight when I get back to my computer.

Still looking for information dumps

Thank you! I have been able to Odin the stock recovery back onto the beast I had previously soft-bricked, and it's back to running stock 4.0.4!

I have a data dump from the phone, if that's what you were looking for.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)