Taking back our right to privacy
Windows Phone: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...r/9wzdncrdzhs0
- v. 3.2.4
- v. 3.2.3
- Android 6.0 support
- Now on Tap
- Direct Share
- Fingerprint support for Passcodes (Android 6.0 only)
- v. 3.2.0
- Introducing Channels – a great new way to broadcast your messages to unlimited audiences (replaces old Broadcasts).
Read more: https://telegram.org/blog/channels
Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security. It’s super-fast, simple, secure and free.
Telegram seamlessly syncs across all of your devices and can be used on desktops, tablets and phones alike. You can send an unlimited amount of messages, photos, videos and files of any type (.doc, .zip, .pdf, etc.). Telegram groups have up to 200 people and you can send broadcasts to up to 100 contacts at a time. Be sure to check our website for a list of Telegram apps for all platforms.
We built Telegram to make messaging speedy and safe again, without the usual caveats.
Why Switch to Telegram?
FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market because it uses a distributed infrastructure with data centers positioned around the globe to connect users to the closest possible server.
SECURE: We made it our mission to provide the best security among mass messengers. Telegram heavily encrypts all your data with time-tested algorithms.
CLOUD STORAGE: Telegram seamlessly syncs across all your devices, so you can always securely access your data. Your message history is stored for free in the Telegram cloud. Never lose your data again!
GROUP CHAT & SHARING: With Telegram, you can form large group chats of up to 200 members, send broadcasts to up to 100 contacts at a time, quickly share large videos, documents (.doc, .ppt, .zip, etc.), and send an unlimited amount of photos to your friends.
RELIABLE: Built to deliver your messages in the minimum bytes possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.
100% FREE & NO ADS: Telegram is free and will always be free. We are not going to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.
PRIVACY: We take your privacy seriously and will never give third parties access to your data.
For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. Secret Chat messages can be programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices. This way you can send all types of disappearing content — messages, photos, videos and even files. Secret Chats use end-to-end encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient.
SUPPORT: For real-time support, please go to Settings in Telegram and select “Ask a Question” to send a message directly to our support volunteers. You can also email us at [email protected].
If you don't like Facebook knowing everything about you through Whatsapp this is the thing to switch to. It feels super slick and fast. It has better options then any other messaging app has at the moment and it's growing bigger and bigger. Hope the community can give the attention this app deserves and makes it the new messaging app on Android/iOS/WP and PC.
THIS APP IS NOT MINE. I just want to give it attention since more people should use this amazing application.
Really good explanation from: Ba7rani123
Many people are ranting that its the same as whatsapp so whats the use ? or Its not really secure because it uses your phone number
To know if an app is secure or not we have to look at 4 things:
- Where is the company based ?
- Who made it ?
- Are the protocols secure ?
- It is as Russian company with servers in British Ivory Islands(which keeps it away from the russian gov and the NSA)
- It was founded by the brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov who are the founders of VK and are known to support wikileaks and other "pro-privacy" organisations
- It uses their own protocol "MTProto". The company said it would give 200,000 bitcoins to anyone who can find a bug in their protocol. 3 Russion analysts found a few issues and they were given 100,000 and the issues were fixed as soon as possible. Other companies like whatsapp dont care because for many years it has been sending our texts without any encryption and now it uses a very weak type of encryption which can be easily broken by the NSA.
But... Why is it better than Whats app ?
- All Chats are encrypted. It uses its own encryption(MTProto) which was made to have a balance between speed and security.
- In "Secret Chats" the encryption is Client/Client meaning even the builders of this app cannot see your conversations. Here you cannot access them using the could. That's why secret chat isn't used as default
- It is Open-source
- It allows you to send files up to 1GB in size
- Allows you to send documents, zip or rar files
- It has a cloud feature meaning I can access my chats from my computer and other devices, some may see this as insecure.
- It uses phone numbers(actually its not a big issue since your phone number is already all over the net !!)
- Its exactly like whats app ? well its more of a Pro than a con because anyone can easily change to this with the above advantages
Nothing is 100% secure but it is definitely more secure than any other app here. Also, it will remain free according to their FAQ because their goal is PRIVACY. Also, their may be an option to remove the "Last seen" in the future. Their FAQ answers many questions if you have any head over their.
you can use Google translate to read it