FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HARD BRICK Fixed] - N9005-Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

2,167 posts
Thanks Meter: 913

By ValenteL, Senior Member on 26th January 2014, 04:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
See this Thread HERE by @berrg:

[HELP] Galaxy Note 3 n9005 with KitKat (4.4) HARD BRICKED - FIXED!

We all must have the debrick.img on our extSdCard by security. If we have a Hard Brick we can make like this example solved whit success.

I Quote Post #7:

This for another device whit success: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600869. Is same here. Thanks @shazzl

And this the most important: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367. Thanks @KAsp3rd. All credits to this work HERE.

See also this to create the debrick.img: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=45. Thanks @DocHoliday77

T999 is a example. This Mod work whit Pit.file partition mmcblk0. This is same on all Samsung devices afaik. I only change to N9005_Partial_sys...

If You flashed a new Pit file or Updated by OTA (that can bring one), make new debrick.img .

PS: All People, make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security.

My debrick.img N9005 4.4.2 Kitkat: HERE. Look the THANKS buton if download it.

Flash this Mod attached by Recovery. Saved on internal Sdcard. Copy it to extSdCard.

NOTE: It seems that entire "debricking using microSD" works a little different on Qualcomm-based Samsung phones vs Exynos-based phones - so far all in this thread is about Qualcomm-based models. See post #26 to more details.
Thanks @xclub_101 .
Attached Files
File Type: zip N9005_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_debrick.zip - [Click for QR Code] (378.7 KB, 14844 views)
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValenteL Ad-Free

26th January 2014, 05:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenteL

See this Thread HERE by @berrg:

[HELP] Galaxy Note 3 n9005 with KitKat (4.4) HARD BRICKED - FIXED!

We all must have the debrick.img on our sdcard by security. If we have a Hard Brick we can make like this example solved whit success.

I Quote Post #7:

This for another device whit success: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600869. Is same here. Thanks @shazzl

And this the most important: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2439367. Thanks @KAsp3rd

See also this to create the debrick.img: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=45. Thanks @DocHoliday77

T999 is a example. This Mod work whit Pit.file partition mmcblk0. This is same on all Samsung devices I think. I only change to N9005_Partial_sys...

PS: All People, make your debrick.img and have it on sdcard by security. Flash this by Recovery.

Please note that this is for hard bricked Galaxy Note 3 n9005 with KitKat (4.4)! If you get an unbrick image from 4.3 it wouldn't work!
The Following User Says Thank You to berrg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berrg Ad-Free
26th January 2014, 05:24 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Espinho

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrg

Please note that this is for hard bricked Galaxy Note 3 n9005 with KitKat (4.4)! If you get an unbrick image from 4.3 it wouldn't work!

Thanks

I looked inside the updater_script from .zip file and it work only whit Pit file partition mmcblk0. Then if we not flashed a pit file from 4.3 to 4.4 the debrik.img must be the same because the pit file is the same. In this case I think it work.

Anyway, by security is easy make one to 4.3 and another to 4.4.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValenteL Ad-Free
26th January 2014, 06:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Thanks

I looked inside the updater_script from .zip file and it work only whit Pit file partition mmcblk0. Then if we not flashed a pit file from 4.3 to 4.4 the debrik.img must be the same because the pit file is the same. In this case I think it work.

Anyway, by security is easy make one to 4.3 and another to 4.4.

Could you send me your skype on pm. I would like to ask you sth.

Thanks.
26th January 2014, 06:16 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Espinho

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrg

Could you send me your skype on pm. I would like to ask you sth.
Thanks.

Sorry, I havn't skype and not the pm active. And I don't speak English!!!
26th January 2014, 08:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
@ValenteL

Everybody knows about this but I don't think many people thought to keep a backup. Everybody would worry of this if and when they got hard bricked. Well, when I say 'everybody', I mean me. So thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to FeralFire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FeralFire Ad-Free
26th January 2014, 08:58 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Espinho

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire

@ValenteL

Everybody knows about this but I don't think many people thought to keep a backup. Everybody would worry of this if and when they got hard bricked. Well, when I say 'everybody', I mean me. So thanks.

I agree. We must remember the people whit this reminder. I'm happy to have helped two members saved Your devices, sending to them the debrick.img.
One Mega 6.3" I9205 and now the Note 3 N9005. And I have already my debrick.img on all my devices.
The Following User Says Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValenteL Ad-Free
27th January 2014, 08:42 AM |#8  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 491

Donate to Me
More
thanks
28th January 2014, 07:12 AM |#9  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 491

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I agree. We must remember the people whit this reminder. I'm happy to have helped two members saved Your devices, sending to them the debrick.img.
One Mega 6.3" I9205 and now the Note 3 N9005. And I have already my debrick.img on all my devices.

Do you know if this will work if we have a rom installed and are not on stock firmware?

Sent from Note 3 on Rogers
28th January 2014, 11:03 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Espinho

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

Do you know if this will work if we have a rom installed and are not on stock firmware?

Look, the debrick.img is made from partition mmcblk0 (PIT) like we can see on updater_script from META-inf of .zip that create it.
One Costumer Rom not touch on Pit file and the Stock Rom, if not have a Pit to flash, is the same. The PIT continue there untouchable.

Then, in my opinion we can make a debrick.img also in this case.
29th January 2014, 09:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Don't wish to criticise as this has helped some owners, however if you can recover phone function then by definition it wasn't hard bricked.

Widely accepted definition soft bricked is fixable by flashing from pc,

Hard brick is a paper weight unless you've access to jtag kit

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)