updating new nightly version of 4.4.2 on galaxy s2 GT I9100

Search This thread

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
Should I flash the g apps package after flashing the ROM or its not necessary... and should I reset factory settings before flashing the ROM... Plz reply

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Should I flash the g apps package after flashing the ROM or its not necessary... and should I reset factory settings before flashing the ROM... Plz reply

If you're switching from something other than Omni - you need to factory reset.

If you're updating from an older Omni build with gapps installed - flash Omni and you don't need to do anything else. gapps will automatically be backed up

Reactions: Shashank.sonth

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
i updated it n everything's fine... but one problem, the playstore app is missing so I downloaded it n installed but it KEOS force closing n says google services has stopped

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
do I need to flash the PA gapps package after updating from old omnirom build? coz everything's fine except that the playstore app isn't working

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
and one more problem I just noticed, my phone has lost the root, the root apps says that my phone doesn't have root... so should I flash the supersu file again now since I didn't flash it after flashing the new omnirom build

farisyi1

Dec 18, 2012
Depok
do I need to flash the PA gapps package after updating from old omnirom build? coz everything's fine except that the playstore app isn't working

No needed flash pa gapps if you updating nightly build bcoz it has own backup script

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
n my phone has lost root now, what should I do? Flash the supersu file? Plz help

farisyi1

Dec 18, 2012
Depok
Yeah flash latest supersu v1.91 if done open supersu setting to instal backup script too so you never lose root again

Reactions: Shashank.sonth

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
No needed flash pa gapps if you updating nightly build bcoz it has own backup script

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE yeah I didn't flash the pa gapps n everything's fine except that the play store app is missing so I downloaded it n installed, street opening it force closes n says unfortunately Google play store has stopped... Plz help

Reactions: farisyi1

Shashank.sonth

Oct 7, 2012
While changing my phone's runtime from dalvik to ART it gives this warning, should I continue? what problems would I incur?

Attachments

• 1391241124071.jpg
    1391241124071.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 47

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
While changing my phone's runtime from dalvik to ART it gives this warning, should I continue? what problems would I incur?

Some apps break, and because some things break with ART, any bug reports you file in Omni's bugtracker (JIRA) will be closed as invalid. (well, currently closed as RTFM, we need to add an "invalid" category.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you're switching from something other than Omni - you need to factory reset.

If you're updating from an older Omni build with gapps installed - flash Omni and you don't need to do anything else. gapps will automatically be backed up
    Yeah flash latest supersu v1.91 if done open supersu setting to instal backup script too so you never lose root again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE yeah I didn't flash the pa gapps n everything's fine except that the play store app is missing so I downloaded it n installed, street opening it force closes n says unfortunately Google play store has stopped... Plz help

Try clean instal with full wipe maybe it's solved your problem