[ROM][2/18/15][4.3][UVUCMK7 Debloated][F2FS] Conch Republic Anniversary Editions

Search This thread

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D & Edition S

'Pure Performance'

Flag_of_the_Conch_Republic.jpg

This ROM is a debloated version of T-Mobile's Android 4.3 T889UVUCMK7 release. Most, if not all, of T-Mobile's and Samsung's bloat that suck up resources and clog and bog down the ROM have been removed. Everything works as normal, with the exception of not being able to log-in and sync to a Samsung account.

Some features:
*Knox free and Carrier IQ free
*Debloated and Zip Aligned
*Choice of Devil Kernel/Tools Edition D or Stock Kernel Edition S
*F2FS File System Support for amazing write speeds- Instructions below (Requires Devil Kernel - Edition D)
*System Apps Odexed for even faster performance and better battery life
*Framework De-Odexed to allow for custom ui theming
*Viper4Android Audio Mod
*Android 4.4.2 Camera along with stock Samsung Camera
*Choice of Touchwiz or Apex Launchers
*Xposed Framework with Xblast Tools and XQuickSettingsToggles Mod
*A few more goodies
*Yes, it has Wifi Calling and Multiwindow

one.jpg
two.jpg

Above screenshots of customized Apex Launcher with optional XBlast Tools mods and XQuickSettingsToggles mods.

If you're looking for fancy bells and whistles, multiple aroma options, Note 3 additions etc. etc., this is not the ROM for you. This ROM is slimmed down, optimized for performance and will stay that way. You'll find it stable, buttery smooth and with great battery life. Also, with the included XPOSED framework, you'll have the option to customize it pretty substantially with the included modules, or not. You can find many more XPOSED mods available right here on XDA.

Installation Instructions:
-Remove Wifi Patched Bootloader for Edition D if applicable. What? - **more below
-Download your choice of ROM (Edition D or Edition S) to your ext sdcard
-If you have some photos, videos, furniture or anything else that you want to keep, move it to your ext sdcard or your computer.
-Reboot to Recovery and do a data wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, then go to advanced and wipe dalvick cache. Next go to the mounts and storage section of recovery and format system-cache-data-and data/sdcard (NOT sdcard1). Then you should reboot back to recovery and repeat the above wiping and formatting before flashing for proper mounting of your partitions. Latest CWM Recovery or Philz Recovery recommended. If you have issues after flashing with TWRP, switch to a recommended recovery and repeat the complete wiping and formatting process before you reflash the ROM. *if recovery asks you to root, select NO.
-Flash the ROM
-Optional: Convert to F2FS File System (Requires Devil Kernel - Edition D) - see instructions below
-Reboot and profit

ROM UPDATE 2/18/2015

Upgrading for EXT4 formatted partitions: Wipe Dalvik and flash the Anniversary Edition of your choice and you're good to go. No need to wipe anything else.
Upgrading for F2FS formatted partitions: Special Instructions and download below..

Some tips:

-Use the DevilTools App on Edition D to OC, UV, change governor and/or scheduler etc. Scroll to the bottom of the Tweak tab and shut off the 'kernel controls backlight' if you want the ROM to control it.
-ViPER4Android Settings explained here
-Open the XBlast App, scroll down and select Miscellaneous and enable the Advanced Power-off menu. Lots of other great mods here in XBlast too.
-Open the Xposed Installer App, select modules, and put a check mark in the modules you want to use, then select Framework and hit the Install/Update button, then reboot.
-Charge your phone to 100% and immediately wipe your battery stats with Battery Calibration app from the Play Store. This is more important than many people think.

-
Matv9 has some great scripts for devil kernel that you can flash through recovery if you want to tweak the kernel settings on Edition 3D. Check out his thread here for more information and downloads.
-Edition D contains Devil Kernel, which is built upon Perseus Kernel sources. If you are familiar with the Perseus Kernel, AndreiLux and his sources did some incredible calibrating of the color norms for the Note 2. This calibration can be enabled within the Devil Tools app by selecting Master Sequence and Register Intercept in the Color Calibration tab, then enable Color Temperature Master Sequence control as shown below. Since by default Samsung's colors are way over-saturated, the colors might initially look dull and whites may have a slight red appearance to you at first, but give it a couple of days and you'll find the color calibration the best you've seen on your Note 2. The white will be easier on your eyes. You can read more about the calibrations in this post by AndreiLux: LINK

Useful Links:
Latest UVUCMK7 Modem for T-Mobile Note 2 LTE: DOWNLOAD
Philz Recovery for
SGH-T889: DOWNLOAD
Flash Player:DOWNLOAD

color.jpg
color2.jpg
temp.jpg
fiops3.jpg

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D with Devil Kernel/Tools:
DOWNLOAD
MD5: 240F10CB8F79E9300D88A798351A4AE7

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition S with Stock Kernel:
DOWNLOAD
MD5: 81FC9FE2AD850DB80FB933BBCA1AE00C

Optional - For Advanced Users - This is beta territory! Be prepared to ODIN back to a rooted stock image if you encounter file system errors in recovery or are unable to connect to your network!

The included kernel in Edition D supports Samsung's new F2FS file system format which greatly improves read/writing operations.

browser.jpg
camera.jpg

insert.jpg
sw.jpg
1.jpg

Read more about F2FS here: LINK

The ROM flashing script has scripting for EXT4, so you can't flash it to an F2FS formatted partition. (Actually you can, but the flashing process will convert your system partition back to EXT4). If you want to convert to the F2FS format you'll need to download the latest beta Devil Recovery to your ext sdcard.

Download Devil Recovery

OK, now you're ready to rock. Wipe and format everything as outlined above with CWM recovery
(except your ext sdcard of course). Flash Edition D from the above link with CWM or Philz recovery. After flashing is complete, don't reboot. Now flash the Devill recovery zip, then reboot to recovery to see the changes. You should see and be in Devil Recovery now. Next make a Nandroid backup of your new install with Devil recovery, and, important, make sure you back up to your ext sdcard (sdcard1). You now have a Nandroid backup of your fresh install.

Next, go to the Mounts and Storage area of recovery and select to format these 3 only:

1. format /system
2. format /cache
(do not format the entry for '/data' - skip it)
3. format/data. /sdcard and secondrom

A menu will appear each time asking you to confirm format and then it will ask you to choose 4ext or f2fs - choose f2fs for all partitions.
Recovery will reboot after formatting
data. /sdcard and secondrom.

Now, restore the Nandroid you made above from sdcard1 and after the restore has completed you can boot up your ROM. Congratulations! You're now running on Samsung's new F2FS File system format.
Amaze your friends! :cowboy:

After you get your apps downloaded and installed from the Play Store and get everything set up to your liking, I suggest you change the Active scheduler in Devil Tools to the newly developed Fiops scheduler, disable Touch Boost, and disable DVFS with the included Xposed module, and reboot for best performance with the F2FS format.

Read more about the Fiops scheduler HERE
Read more about disabling DVFS HERE.

fiops.jpg
fiops2.jpg
fiops3.jpg
dvfs.jpg

Upgrading from a previous F2FS installation: A nandroid backup of a fresh install of Edition D has been created so you can update without losing your apps and data. Download the zip at the end of these instructions, unzip and place the folder that's inside into the clockworkmod/backup folder on your ext sdcard. Create that folder if it doesn't already exist. Reboot to recovery (important: you must use the beta devil recovery linked above), go to Backup and Restore/Advanced Restore from /storage/sdcard1 and select the 2015-02-19.12.16.38_Conch_Republic_Anniversary_Edit backup. Then select Restore system (+/- preload). This will install the updated Edition 3D to your F2FS formatted system partition. (No data is touched and you'll keep all your data and settings). Then go to Advanced and Wipe Dalvik. Reboot.

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D for F2FS (Not flashable):
DOWNLOAD
MD5: Internal. Recovery will automatically check before restoring.

For users that are running on the new F2FS file system format, you will find a folder in /system named F2FS Scripts. You can run these scripts to check file system consistency and for errors.

Issue:
Cameras not working/force closing: This is a wiping and format issue. Use CWM or Philz recovery to do a complete factory reset, wipe cache and dalvick cache, and then go to the mounts and storage section of recovery and format the system-cache-data-and data/media partitions (except sdcard1, your external sdcard). Reboot to recovery and repeat the above steps before re-flashing the rom. This will insure all partitions were mounted correctly for the wiping and formatting procedure..

**Issue: If you are running on the official 4.1.2 or 4.3 bootloader you are fine and can skip this. But, after flashing the wifi patched bootloader through Odin when it first was first released I started having numerous lockups and random shutdowns. I tried just about every 4.3 stock Samsung rom; stock, devil and agni kernels and it would seem to go away with each ROM or kernel change for a short time but then come back again and again, especially when listening to music. It was the worst on Devil kernel, which has been my favorite kernel since buying the Note 2. I figured I'd try going back to the old 4.1.2 bootloader and see what happens. Since I've Odin'ed back to my previous bootloader
(UVBMD1) I haven't had any issues. Huge difference!... I love my Note 2 again! So if you're having mysterious lockups, shutdowns etc. etc. and are running the wifi patch I suggest you revert back to the 4.1.2 version. It takes some extra time but you'll be glad you did. Don'f forget to relfash your carrier's 4.3 modem if you odin back to a 4.1.2 bootloader with a full system image. (post #83 to see how I did it)

Many Thanks to:
DerTueful, for his awesome recovery, kernel and app
ChainFire, for his amazing scripts
Stericson, for busybox and installer/updater
Ykkfive, for porting the bootanimation
ViPER520 and zhuhang, for Viper4Android
rovo89, for the Xposed Framework Mod
FemBlack, for XBlast Tools
xperiacle for XQuickSettingsToggle
Dwitherell, for his help
All others here at XDA who have provided help and insight over the years.

Last edited:

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I was about to continue my current rom with defective smart stay and continuous freezes. Can't wait to try this out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: br54

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
Not good. Thanks for reporting. Still haven't pulled the trigger on this rom. I have wanam on my current rom and camera works.
I made no modifications to the Samsung Camera. There are 2 Cameras in the ROM. The Samsung Stock Camera and Gallery, and the Android 4.4.2 Camera. The Camera added in the ROM is the same Camera and library files that are contained in my Camera add mod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579614
I've had almost 1200 downloads of the Camera add Mod, with one user complaining of force closes and it turned out to be because of a dpi change that he made. Wanam Mod contains the ability to change dpi at a per app level, so if you don't elect to change dpi, you should be fine.

Reactions: yankees45us

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I made no modifications to the Samsung Camera. There are 2 Cameras in the ROM. The Samsung Stock Camera and Gallery, and the Android 4.4.2 Camera. The Camera added in the ROM is the same Camera and library files that are contained in my Camera add mod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2579614
I've had almost 1200 downloads of the Camera add Mod, with one user complaining of force closes and it turned out to be because of a dpi change that he made. Wanam Mod contains the ability to change dpi at a per app level, so if you don't elect to change dpi, you should be fine.

Great. Thanks for the fast responses.

Sent from a Custom Rom Rooted Beast that is the Note 2

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
right after I installed the rom

Before I posted the ROM, I tested for almost a week, with several full wipes and re-installations and never had an issue with either Camera. Let's see if others are having the same issue and if so, I'll look into it. For now, try clearing data for both cameras in your application manager and then rebooting.

xftox

Sep 4, 2009
los angeles
Before I posted the ROM, I tested for almost a week, with several full wipes and re-installations and never had an issue with either Camera. Let's see if others are having the same issue and if so, I'll look into it. For now, try clearing data for both cameras in your application manager and then rebooting.

cleared both and wiped dalvik and cache still get error

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D & Edition S

'Pure Performance'

Flag_of_the_Conch_Republic.jpg

This ROM is a debloated version of T-Mobile's Android 4.3 T889UVUCMK7 release. Most, if not all, of T-Mobile's and Samsung's bloat that suck up resources and clog and bog down the ROM have been removed. Everything works as normal, with the exception of not being able to log-in and sync to a Samsung account.

Some features:
    *Knox free and Carrier IQ free
    *Debloated and Zip Aligned
    *Choice of Devil Kernel/Tools Edition D or Stock Kernel Edition S
    *F2FS File System Support for amazing write speeds- Instructions below (Requires Devil Kernel - Edition D)
    *System Apps Odexed for even faster performance and better battery life
    *Framework De-Odexed to allow for custom ui theming
    *Viper4Android Audio Mod
    *Android 4.4.2 Camera along with stock Samsung Camera
    *Choice of Touchwiz or Apex Launchers
    *Xposed Framework with Xblast Tools and XQuickSettingsToggles Mod
    *A few more goodies
    *Yes, it has Wifi Calling and Multiwindow

one.jpg
    two.jpg

Above screenshots of customized Apex Launcher with optional XBlast Tools mods and XQuickSettingsToggles mods.

If you're looking for fancy bells and whistles, multiple aroma options, Note 3 additions etc. etc., this is not the ROM for you. This ROM is slimmed down, optimized for performance and will stay that way. You'll find it stable, buttery smooth and with great battery life. Also, with the included XPOSED framework, you'll have the option to customize it pretty substantially with the included modules, or not. You can find many more XPOSED mods available right here on XDA.

Installation Instructions:
    -Remove Wifi Patched Bootloader for Edition D if applicable. What? - **more below
    -Download your choice of ROM (Edition D or Edition S) to your ext sdcard
    -If you have some photos, videos, furniture or anything else that you want to keep, move it to your ext sdcard or your computer.
    -Reboot to Recovery and do a data wipe/factory reset, wipe cache, then go to advanced and wipe dalvick cache. Next go to the mounts and storage section of recovery and format system-cache-data-and data/sdcard (NOT sdcard1). Then you should reboot back to recovery and repeat the above wiping and formatting before flashing for proper mounting of your partitions. Latest CWM Recovery or Philz Recovery recommended. If you have issues after flashing with TWRP, switch to a recommended recovery and repeat the complete wiping and formatting process before you reflash the ROM. *if recovery asks you to root, select NO.
    -Flash the ROM
    -Optional: Convert to F2FS File System (Requires Devil Kernel - Edition D) - see instructions below
    -Reboot and profit

ROM UPDATE 2/18/2015

Upgrading for EXT4 formatted partitions: Wipe Dalvik and flash the Anniversary Edition of your choice and you're good to go. No need to wipe anything else.
    Upgrading for F2FS formatted partitions: Special Instructions and download below..

Some tips:

-Use the DevilTools App on Edition D to OC, UV, change governor and/or scheduler etc. Scroll to the bottom of the Tweak tab and shut off the 'kernel controls backlight' if you want the ROM to control it.
    -ViPER4Android Settings explained here
    -Open the XBlast App, scroll down and select Miscellaneous and enable the Advanced Power-off menu. Lots of other great mods here in XBlast too.
    -Open the Xposed Installer App, select modules, and put a check mark in the modules you want to use, then select Framework and hit the Install/Update button, then reboot.
    -Charge your phone to 100% and immediately wipe your battery stats with Battery Calibration app from the Play Store. This is more important than many people think.

-
    Matv9 has some great scripts for devil kernel that you can flash through recovery if you want to tweak the kernel settings on Edition 3D. Check out his thread here for more information and downloads.
    -Edition D contains Devil Kernel, which is built upon Perseus Kernel sources. If you are familiar with the Perseus Kernel, AndreiLux and his sources did some incredible calibrating of the color norms for the Note 2. This calibration can be enabled within the Devil Tools app by selecting Master Sequence and Register Intercept in the Color Calibration tab, then enable Color Temperature Master Sequence control as shown below. Since by default Samsung's colors are way over-saturated, the colors might initially look dull and whites may have a slight red appearance to you at first, but give it a couple of days and you'll find the color calibration the best you've seen on your Note 2. The white will be easier on your eyes. You can read more about the calibrations in this post by AndreiLux: LINK

Useful Links:
    Latest UVUCMK7 Modem for T-Mobile Note 2 LTE: DOWNLOAD
    Philz Recovery for
    SGH-T889: DOWNLOAD
    Flash Player:DOWNLOAD

color.jpg
    color2.jpg
    temp.jpg
    fiops3.jpg

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D with Devil Kernel/Tools:
    DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 240F10CB8F79E9300D88A798351A4AE7

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition S with Stock Kernel:
    DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 81FC9FE2AD850DB80FB933BBCA1AE00C

Optional - For Advanced Users - This is beta territory! Be prepared to ODIN back to a rooted stock image if you encounter file system errors in recovery or are unable to connect to your network!

The included kernel in Edition D supports Samsung's new F2FS file system format which greatly improves read/writing operations.

browser.jpg
    camera.jpg

insert.jpg
    sw.jpg
    1.jpg

Read more about F2FS here: LINK

The ROM flashing script has scripting for EXT4, so you can't flash it to an F2FS formatted partition. (Actually you can, but the flashing process will convert your system partition back to EXT4). If you want to convert to the F2FS format you'll need to download the latest beta Devil Recovery to your ext sdcard.

Download Devil Recovery

OK, now you're ready to rock. Wipe and format everything as outlined above with CWM recovery
    (except your ext sdcard of course). Flash Edition D from the above link with CWM or Philz recovery. After flashing is complete, don't reboot. Now flash the Devill recovery zip, then reboot to recovery to see the changes. You should see and be in Devil Recovery now. Next make a Nandroid backup of your new install with Devil recovery, and, important, make sure you back up to your ext sdcard (sdcard1). You now have a Nandroid backup of your fresh install.

Next, go to the Mounts and Storage area of recovery and select to format these 3 only:

1. format /system
    2. format /cache
    (do not format the entry for '/data' - skip it)
    3. format/data. /sdcard and secondrom

A menu will appear each time asking you to confirm format and then it will ask you to choose 4ext or f2fs - choose f2fs for all partitions.
    Recovery will reboot after formatting
    data. /sdcard and secondrom.

Now, restore the Nandroid you made above from sdcard1 and after the restore has completed you can boot up your ROM. Congratulations! You're now running on Samsung's new F2FS File system format.
    Amaze your friends! :cowboy:

After you get your apps downloaded and installed from the Play Store and get everything set up to your liking, I suggest you change the Active scheduler in Devil Tools to the newly developed Fiops scheduler, disable Touch Boost, and disable DVFS with the included Xposed module, and reboot for best performance with the F2FS format.

Read more about the Fiops scheduler HERE
    Read more about disabling DVFS HERE.

fiops.jpg
    fiops2.jpg
    fiops3.jpg
    dvfs.jpg

Upgrading from a previous F2FS installation: A nandroid backup of a fresh install of Edition D has been created so you can update without losing your apps and data. Download the zip at the end of these instructions, unzip and place the folder that's inside into the clockworkmod/backup folder on your ext sdcard. Create that folder if it doesn't already exist. Reboot to recovery (important: you must use the beta devil recovery linked above), go to Backup and Restore/Advanced Restore from /storage/sdcard1 and select the 2015-02-19.12.16.38_Conch_Republic_Anniversary_Edit backup. Then select Restore system (+/- preload). This will install the updated Edition 3D to your F2FS formatted system partition. (No data is touched and you'll keep all your data and settings). Then go to Advanced and Wipe Dalvik. Reboot.

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D for F2FS (Not flashable):
    DOWNLOAD
    MD5: Internal. Recovery will automatically check before restoring.

For users that are running on the new F2FS file system format, you will find a folder in /system named F2FS Scripts. You can run these scripts to check file system consistency and for errors.

Issue:
    Cameras not working/force closing: This is a wiping and format issue. Use CWM or Philz recovery to do a complete factory reset, wipe cache and dalvick cache, and then go to the mounts and storage section of recovery and format the system-cache-data-and data/media partitions (except sdcard1, your external sdcard). Reboot to recovery and repeat the above steps before re-flashing the rom. This will insure all partitions were mounted correctly for the wiping and formatting procedure..

**Issue: If you are running on the official 4.1.2 or 4.3 bootloader you are fine and can skip this. But, after flashing the wifi patched bootloader through Odin when it first was first released I started having numerous lockups and random shutdowns. I tried just about every 4.3 stock Samsung rom; stock, devil and agni kernels and it would seem to go away with each ROM or kernel change for a short time but then come back again and again, especially when listening to music. It was the worst on Devil kernel, which has been my favorite kernel since buying the Note 2. I figured I'd try going back to the old 4.1.2 bootloader and see what happens. Since I've Odin'ed back to my previous bootloader
    (UVBMD1) I haven't had any issues. Huge difference!... I love my Note 2 again! So if you're having mysterious lockups, shutdowns etc. etc. and are running the wifi patch I suggest you revert back to the 4.1.2 version. It takes some extra time but you'll be glad you did. Don'f forget to relfash your carrier's 4.3 modem if you odin back to a 4.1.2 bootloader with a full system image. (post #83 to see how I did it)

Many Thanks to:
    DerTueful, for his awesome recovery, kernel and app
    ChainFire, for his amazing scripts
    Stericson, for busybox and installer/updater
    Ykkfive, for porting the bootanimation
    ViPER520 and zhuhang, for Viper4Android
    rovo89, for the Xposed Framework Mod
    FemBlack, for XBlast Tools
    xperiacle for XQuickSettingsToggle
    Dwitherell, for his help
    All others here at XDA who have provided help and insight over the years.
    Here are links to the latest update. Thank you to all my testers for your time testing and for your feedback. It was very helpful and greatly appreciated!
    Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/18wkjmk766tqmhc/ConchRepublicAnniversaryEditionD_Note2LTE.zip

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition S:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwdcyz2rrbrxul2/ConchRepublicAnniversaryEdition_S_Note2LTE.zip

Conch Republic Anniversary Edition D nandroid for updating F2FS installations. Instructions in OP.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/l...epublicAnniversaryEdition_D_not_flashable.zip

OP updated 2/19/2015

Make a backup first! ...and don't forget to hit the THANKS button!
    new download links are now in the OP.
    I saw version 2 has been posted. Was wondering any changelog. And if i am already on Version 2D and f2fs system do i have to do all that f2fs thing again or dirty flash would be good to go? No problems with the ROM though.
    Great question! I've been swtiching between stock and devil kernel versions and EXT4 and F2FS so much testing all this that my head is spinning lol. Of course I had to wipe every time to test but there is a way to keep data.

Flashing Edition 2D will convert your system partition to EXT4. You'll need to make a backup again, format only system to F2FS and restore that latest backup. All data should remain, but needs testing first before I update the OP. Hold off for a little while for instructions.

EDIT: OP updated with upgrade instructions.
    No work theterin

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Tethering Fix: https://www.mediafire.com/?4jkh0l4hducb3iu
    (Flash through recovery. No wipe needed. This is only needed for previous downloads of the ROM if your tethering is not working. The current download of the ROM has been updated.)