Sony Z1 Compact screen protector & tempered glass list

Search This thread

Deniz.S

Dec 21, 2010
London
Could anyone find one that includes the protector for the back of the phone?

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Deniz.S

Dec 21, 2010
London
Thanks but that one and all the others I have come across are only pre-orders. Guess I'll just have to wait. Thanks anyway.

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
If I am correct that the Z1f (Japan Version) and the Z1 Compact is indeed the same screen size/ sensors/ camera & flash location. After few days of researching there are already few Tempered Glass out for Z1f in Japan.

I am liking the Crystal Armor and will soon place an order, will update once received.

List : -
Crystal Armor (Glass) 9H (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/keitai/item/151-450850/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_02_en)
ITO Pro+ Glass (http://colorantonline.com/) (Glass) 9H
Ray-out (http://www.ray-out.co.jp/) Might not be Glass but (Silicon film) 9H
ZENUS Luminous (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kawa/item/roaz2988/) 9H

Last edited:

bendash

Mar 6, 2010
Thanks but that one and all the others I have come across are only pre-orders. Guess I'll just have to wait. Thanks anyway.

You're right, sorry I missed that. Only one of the ones you can find on mobilefun.co.uk is available in 2-5 days, but that's not too good either.

withoutwings

Feb 12, 2010
Cambridge
I have had my Z1 Compact for less than a week, been ultra careful and already it has a minor scratch on the back panel. This is ridiculous!

I wonder, do you lose the warranty for the front screen if you only remove the back ASF sheet?

But for now, I guess I'll have to fast-track buying some front+back protectors before this gets too bad!

Milkywaye

May 8, 2012
Why is it so hard to find a clear back panel protector for this phone...? :(

I know,,
I am currently using some of those cheap 'pack of five' screen protectors and just cutting a front side protector down a bit for the back until I can get hold of one.. (ideally I am waiting for a tempered glass front which include a back side protector like they do for the Z1 (and which is easily for sale in eurpore - not japan)
to further protect it I use it in a Roxfit book case - which aint bad.. but to use the magnetic cradle i need to take it out of the case (not a lot of hassle)

Zoidy

Jan 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I emailed Sony complaining about the back and how it's poorly designed but the response I got was totally non committal and saying they didn't sell back protectors.

Sent from my D5503 using xda app-developers app

alexxus87

Feb 8, 2014
Sony Z1 Compact case + screenprotector

Hi guys,

Been looking at the Z1 Compact for a week now as I'm pretty sure that's going to be my new phone as my contract expires in April, and I doubt the S5,Htc M8 or Sony Z2 will be very pocket friendly. If my HTC ONE X would be a fraction smaller, 4,5 or 4,6" it would be great for one handed use.

So I've been having a look around for tempered glass/sapphire screen protectors and cases for the Z1 Compact , and apart from the ones posted on this forum didn't find anything interesting so i've decided to actually reach out to companies(through mail, fb or twitter) and ask if they were going to make any for the Z1 compact.

Spigen: no reply

brandoworkshop: no reply

xgear : no reply

Otterbox: no plans for a Defender series at the moment (if people request it enough on their fb page they might speed it up).

iloome: nothing planned for the moment

Zagg: really funny situation with these guys. Bought a Zagg Invisible shield for my current HTC One X, and was so happy with it and the lifetime warranty that i recommended it to my ex and everybody I knew. Sent them a question on fb, waited for a day....no reply.

Then I receive a notification that a polish bloke from a company called 3MK Screen protectors replied on my post on Zagg's page, recommending their products (which btw look pretty nice).

Lo and behold, 2 hours later zagg reply as well saying they have a screen protector in the works and that they're going to pass my inquiry about an Arsenal Case for the Compact to their design team. I think if people show an interest on their fb page, we might get something out of it.

At this point I think that if enough interest is shown to Zagg and Otterbox they might come up with great solutions for cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: pathaniya

thermalboyz

May 1, 2008
NoWhere
I've put a request to "Rhino Shield" and they will look into it (If the demand is high they likely come out quicker). They are not bad according to review and price are reasonable compare to other product which has the similar specification. Pls put a request to their email/ FB/ Twitter if you like this on your Z1 Compact.

http://shopify.evolutivelabs.com/

alexxus87

Feb 8, 2014
I've put a request to "Rhino Shield" and they will look into it (If the demand is high they likely come out quicker). They are not bad according to review and price are reasonable compare to other product which has the similar specification. Pls put a request to their email/ FB/ Twitter if you like this on your Z1 Compact.

Had a look at their product, and looks promising, even though I was thinking about getting Tempered Glass (don't know why I have the feeling I'd manage to shatter it within the first month as I drop my phone face down from time to time, from about 60-70 cm height).

Asked on FB if they plan on making any for the Z1 compact and said it depends on demand, so if anybody is interested, let them know.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received Crystal Armor today. Direct link in page 1, feels better with no finger print now but screen feels bit slippery, took me 15 mins to put it on properly.

Following are the pics:
    CYMERA_20140220_172547_zps7560dbaa.jpg

IMAG0534_zps1176daf3.jpg

CYMERA_20140220_172713_zpsee4666e9.jpg

IMAG0536_zpsf0e04698.jpg

IMAG0537_zps32485ba6.jpg

IMAG0535_zps67f897ad.jpg

IMAG0538_zps5e4df5f3.jpg

IMAG0543_zps2db92095.jpg

IMAG0540_zps8e908970.jpg

IMAG0539_zpsc16855e5.jpg

IMAG0542_zps5976422c.jpg

IMAG0541_zps1fa4eba0.jpg

IMAG0544_zpsa07429bc.jpg

AFTER put on: ----
    IMAG1485_zpsc8977ce3.jpg

IMAG1492_zpsbc76ddd4.jpg

IMAG1487_zpsfdfd9b90.jpg

IMAG1488_zps22981766.jpg

IMAG1491_zps4c0cc2d0.jpg
    I've created a thread HERE to summarized all the Tempered Glass we could find for Z1 Compact to save time for browsing through this thread & posts. Some reviews and details were gathered through here and credit for users who give feedback + reviews about experiences.
    If I am correct that the Z1f (Japan Version) and the Z1 Compact is indeed the same screen size/ sensors/ camera & flash location. After few days of researching there are already few Tempered Glass out for Z1f in Japan.

I am liking the Crystal Armor and will soon place an order, will update once received.

List : -
    Crystal Armor (Glass) 9H (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/keitai/item/151-450850/?s-id=borderless_browsehist_02_en)
    ITO Pro+ Glass (http://colorantonline.com/) (Glass) 9H
    Ray-out (http://www.ray-out.co.jp/) Might not be Glass but (Silicon film) 9H
    ZENUS Luminous (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kawa/item/roaz2988/) 9H
    Here's my quick review of Rhino Shield for Xperia Z1 Compact.

I did say it does decrease the contrast a tiny bit. Here's a picture to show you what I mean:
    21ewbn.jpg

As you can see, the part where the cutout is looks darker/more black. So the protector isn't 100% clear but it's clear enough and I don't find it obtrusive at all. It's only noticable on certain angles in bright/direct sunlight anyway.

More pictures:
    2njkdxv.jpg

11gq6tx.jpg

(Notice the cutouts)

I couldn't apply it perfectly 100% - You can see some imperfections around the front camera cutout. But it's just because of my clumsy hands/inability to do these stuff well. It's actually very easy to apply - There's no need for "liquid solution", soapy water or whatsoever. And it's quite flexible, unlike some tempered glass protectors.

So far it seems like it's pretty scratch-resistant and I can wipe it clean easily.
    It's not completely oleophobic but it's not that bad either. It's not slippery and it's definitely not rubbery.
    Overall, I really like it.

I hope this quick review has been useful/helpful.
    Rhino Shield

Hi, I've had the Rhino Shield for a couple of days now.

When I first received it, I wanted to send it back because the shield/film had smudges, dots and scratches on it, luckily these were only on the film you were supposed to peel of. Still, for the money paid, I would expect something better.

Installation is not as easy as one might think, as I've done it at work, managed to get a tiny speck of dust on the front, that became 5 specs of dust when I peeled it off to adjust it/remove the first one.

I just came back from a night out, knowing I would get another Rhino Shield because of the specks of dust, I showed it to my friends, and scratched it with a key....it failed.....badly, like really miserably. Before my Z1c I've had a HTC One X with an Invisible Shield, I;ve scratched it with a key, cut fries on the screen while in a restaurant for fun, and the Zagg Invisible shield never complained, it just took it like a champ. There were marks on it of course, but they weren't deep, and they "healed" within a couple of days, and if not, I could always return it for a new one.

The key scratches on my Rhino Shield are deep (I didn't even use force), and can be felt when you touch it or use your fingernail. I'll give it a chance to self-heal, see how they are in a couple of days, but I must say I'm very disappointed with this product, which in my opinion is inferior to the Invisbile Shield.

I think I will go with a tempered glass one , Crystal Armor or Brando next, so I won't have this problem.

Below pictures of the films as they came plus result after keying. I will post an update on Tusesday or Wednesday.

PS: In my humble opinion Sony's superior auto mode sucks donkey balls, I was very disappointed with settings/quality of pics to the point where I have to chose manual settings each time, and still get some weird results. I prefer the auto mode on my HTC One X, I will let you judge which set of pictures is better. Sony;s camera/software seems to over-sharpen and adds a grainy effect, please let me know if I'm the only one suffering from this as I might drop them a line, I'm not happy at all.