- Flashtool 0.9.13 by @Androxyde
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.76 BETA or newer.
- Current rooted FW version: 14.2.A.0.290 .
- SuperSU integrated in system, FULL ROOT!
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.80 BETA (CWM & PhilZ Touch & TWRP) pre-installed;
- init.d support (read how to enable)
- For both locked and unlocked bootloaders!
In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.
If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!
How to update to 14.2.A.1.136:
- Files (Find the files in the DevDB Downloads tab!):
- For C6802: Download C6802_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (865MB) and C6802_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6806: Download C6806_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (838MB) and C6806_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6833: Download C6833_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (826MB) and C6833_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6843: Download C6843_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (871MB) and C6843_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- Put 'C68XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
- Put 'C68XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
- Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
- Flash 'C68XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
- Flash everything in 'C68XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
- Reboot to system.
The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.
Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.
How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
- Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
- Root it using any means you are familiar with.
- Install XZDualRecovery;
- Update to 14.2.A.0.290;
- Then try to update again using TWRP.
- If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.
[STOCK][C68XX][4.3] Update to 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB][DE-/ODEX], ROM for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290
Based On: STOCK
Last Updated 2014-08-26