I found that there are some limitations in the aroma installer which made it difficult for me!
First of all, I know you would say that this script has been already made and you will try to report it to moderators that I am repeating :D but no one has made an aroma flashable installer in any of the xda thread and nothing has been made like this for any of the devices. Even though it is present, it is not user choosable. It just deletes blocks of applications and can sometimes be even without your notice.
- Added aroma
- Added busybox
- User choice on removing apps
- Overcame aroma scripts limitation
- Only deletable apps are shown to maintain stability
Report me if the links are dead!!
- Make sure your device is rooted and binaries are up to date.
- Download signed_OTX_BLOAT.zip and ClockWorkMod provided.
- Copy it in the root of the sd card.
- Now reboot and access recovery mode.
- Now flash ClockWorkMod and mount everything.
- Now select "install zip from sd card" and click signed_OTX_BLOAT.zip and install it.
- You are asked to select the files to be deleted in 11 checkbox selectable pages because of the limitation of aroma script.
- If you don't want to delete anything in a particular page, just click next and proceed.
- After uninstalling, reboot your device.
I have tested it in my device and I am proud to say that it works as per my expectations. Its stable but currently need testers for this tool.
Baseband Version: DDLK1
Kernel: Hells Fusion
This is my first project. So kindly test it and report the bugs(:confused: if any) !!
This is the base version. New addons will be made soon!
[Q] In what way it is different from old script??
[A] The user have to modify the lines of the script so as to remove the apps that he/she don't like and it takes too much time to type one by one. But if you use my script, it will be a lot easier and saves time.
Note for developers: You can port this to any device but make sure you include my credits :good:
Thanks and Credits:
amarullz@xda for providing this awesome installer
Link to his post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1
broadways@xda for his basic installer script for removing bloatwares
Link to his post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...82&postcount=1
manoranjan2050@xda for providing a list of system apps that are safer to remove
Link to his post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...05&postcount=1
dsixda@xda for providing his kitchen tool which I used to sign the zip file
Link to his post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...92&postcount=1
kartik verma@xda for he is my personal helper on whatsapp who cleared my doubts and gave me the basic idea on how all this works
Link to his profile: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=5608673
OTX - Bloatware Remover, a Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Current Stable Version: v1.x
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-28
Last Updated 2014-02-01