FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Bootanimaion]Mahdi ROM bootanimation to replace stock

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By Mouzey, Junior Member on 2nd February 2014, 01:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey XDA
I just spent a good few minutes making my first ever boot animation and wanted to share it with you guys !

I've been using Mahdi ROM since day one on my G2, and have decided that as much as I like the stock google boot animation, I would much rather see an animation representing the custom ROM that I am using (apart from this very minor thing I think this ROM is perfect, I've pushed a score of 33000 on antutu and can get 40 hrs battery life with regular usage!)... It's probably just an OCD thing, but I think a custom ROM feels more unique with its own boot animation.

Like I said; This is my first ever boot animation made from scratch so it is very basic, but that was one of my prerequisites, and I like it, so I hope you do too!

To install, in case you're newer than me to this, you simply copy the file from your download folder to /system/media and rename he old boot animation to .bak or anything you like.

Download below, Thanks guys!

EDIT; THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH LG STOCK BASED ROMS
Attached Files
File Type: zip bootanimation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.55 MB, 1576 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mouzey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mouzey Ad-Free
11th February 2014, 11:18 PM |#2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouzey

Hey XDA
I just spent a good few minutes making my first ever boot animation and wanted to share it with you guys !

I've been using Mahdi ROM since day one on my G2, and have decided that as much as I like the stock google boot animation, I would much rather see an animation representing the custom ROM that I am using (apart from this very minor thing I think this ROM is perfect, I've pushed a score of 33000 on antutu and can get 40 hrs battery life with regular usage!)... It's probably just an OCD thing, but I think a custom ROM feels more unique with its own boot animation.

Like I said; This is my first ever boot animation made from scratch so it is very basic, but that was one of my prerequisites, and I like it, so I hope you do too!

To install, in case you're newer than me to this, you simply copy the file from your download folder to /system/media and rename he old boot animation to .bak or anything you like.

Download below, Thanks guys!

Kind of awesome man! I'm using it now
12th February 2014, 04:28 PM |#3  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 959

More
About to try it out now

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 05:58 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Smile
Awesome thanks guys
podagee
12th February 2014, 07:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nicer than the google boot animation. See if he will implement this into his rom.
13th February 2014, 06:03 PM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 117

Donate to Me
More
The only problem I have with this is that there are not enough frames, it looks very choppy. The sliding white bar is okay, could do with a few more frames to make it super smooth. Apart from that it looks so sexyy
13th February 2014, 08:57 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up
Thnks fot the feedback! Its not a lack of frames, its kust very rushed so some frames move the bar slightly more than other frames.
If i find some spare time Ill see if i can fix it up a little!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mouzey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mouzey Ad-Free
14th February 2014, 12:07 AM |#8  
Flag Central, VA
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thank you sir.

sent from the god phone D-800
14th February 2014, 01:47 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
There is a video of the animation for me to see it?

Enviado de meu LG-D805 usando Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 07:58 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Wink
Will post a video soon, im just re installing mahdi rom to do so
18th February 2014, 12:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Wow Thanks!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread