[Q] CM11 for Milestone 2 by czechop

Search This thread

Bocskay

Apr 28, 2014
Budapest
CM11

Hi Czechop!

I tried to follow Your steps in CM11 installation guide.

"•If you wiped data(made factory reset) before installation, then after installing ROM boot it first, and then reboot and install gapps(otherwise you may get setup wizard crashes)"
First time i did not made a factory reset, but the installation did.
For the first boot - as You mentioned crashed, second time stuck in boot (blue cm logo and arrow, more than 10 min)

Please help me, what did i wrong

Oh i installed Gapss minimal 4.4.2 signed (20MB)

Thanks in advamce

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
I am using Milestone 2 for some months now, and I think I can tell my experience for some of your problems (though they may not be much helpful, sorry for that).

1. The battery problem. I think I had such issue once, and I solved it by just leaving the MS2 charging for the whole night, despite the indicator showing 100%. I think it may sometimes show 100% when the battery is far below 100%, that's why it drops rapidly to 1% when the meter realizes the truth :). Recently I have also had the opposite: The phone discharged to 1% (in cold and humid conditions, that may be the cause) and I switched it off. About two hours later, when it got the normal temperature, I plugged it to the charger to see the battery indicator at... 60% :).

2. The (tele)phony problem :). I had some dreadful ordeals with this problem. It started about one month after installing CM (don't remember which version that was) - the telephony layer crashed often when I was in one specific area of my city. Then It slowly started to crash in other areas, and finally was crashing about twice a day (sometimes twice in a minute) everywhere. (due to that, I think the problem is somewhat related to the moment when the phone switches between GSM antennas). I tried quite many things, including installing cm10 by czechop, cm10 and 11 by Engle_Mars, reverting to stock (un-rooted) and rooting again from scratch, not installing any apps. The only time it was not crashing was when I had stock Gingerbread installed. (Interestingly, even with vulnerable roms it never crashed during a call). I tried also increasing the processor voltage values (OPP), and lowering the max frequency, but it didn't help either. Then I went for two weeks to my parents for Christmas. My parents live in a village, where there is only one antenna, and... the phone didn't crash at all through that time. But what was even more strange, when I returned to my town, the crashes did not return (and it's been 4 months since). Now I don't know what to think about it, but... if you can, try going to a village for two weeks, maybe that helps :). The crashes did not return, but recently the phone reboots occasionally (usually after ending a call), but that's once per two weeks, so it's not very inconvenient.

Reactions: Bocskay

kgyrtkirk

May 9, 2014
telephony problems

What exactly do you mean with "Telephony problem"?
I have some random reboots from time to time. Sometimes I've got the message in the attached screenshot after reboot (in German; sloppy translated: "The device was restarted due to a problem with the telephone modem."). Don't know the reason for this. I hope czechop recognized this thread and have an idea :D

Last week I've had a lot of random reboots. This week it's okay so far :good:

@violente: sorry, I don't know...

hi

i'm experiencing the same problem...i've installed bootlog uptime, and i've found a strange pattern in the reboots:
when i'm at home the phone reboots every 32 minutes(sometimes it even crashes)...but when i'm elsewhere it doesn't have any problems

i've collected some log about the problem it's availibe at (i'm not yet have the right to post into the dev forum, and even here i cant post urls so...
i leave out the obvious part from the url: pastebin.com/u2dVS131
)
from the log i thing that the problem is related to the umts layer in the phone, and that's why encounter the problem only in at home

czechop 20140312 on A953 in Hungary

i will today switch to some other rom..hope that helps...

KokoSafe

Nov 18, 2013
I've found another problem but I don't know if it's related to the rom or not.
The camera auto focus is not working for me, I cannot take sharp pictures. It tries to focus but it can't.
Anyone else experienced the same problem?

I've found the problem. If the picture size is set to 3.8MP (widescreen) the autofocus is not working. When I set the image size back to 5MP the autofocus mode started to work again.

Scalabis

Jan 8, 2014
I've found the problem. If the picture size is set to 3.8MP (widescreen) the autofocus is not working. When I set the image size back to 5MP the autofocus mode started to work again.

Yeah, I observed the same behavior! Using a camera only in 5 MP resolution is not a big problem, but let's cross our fingers until the next update.

The last version (30.05) is awesome. Took me some time to adapt the new launcher, but it's kind of cool.

Since the last 3 versions, I have no problems related to telephony layer. I did shuffle the band selector in order to get rid of the error.

A huge Thanks to @czechop!

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
Since the last 3 versions, I have no problems related to telephony layer.

IMHO the previous version was very stable. Unfortunately yesterday, using 30.05, I encoutered "telephony layer problem" again. Hope it was only a bad luck. It's good, that in case, I can always revert to the previous one. Czechop's doing great job!

LickTheLizard

Dec 12, 2013
Can someone confirm, that the last update broke the camera completely on some devices? I can't access it from any app. Neither the gallery, nor whatsapp or the camera app itself... reflashed, reseted, fixed permissions, still no luck.

A953User

Feb 2, 2014
Camera works for me with the latest release.
Still have random reboots from time to time (without the telephone layer message). 5 minutes ago for example, during music playback via Bluetooth A2DP :eek:
Bluetooth A2DP playback is working great now. In the previous release the playback was totally stuttering. Thanks czechop :good:

Scalabis

Jan 8, 2014
Can someone confirm, that the last update broke the camera completely on some devices? I can't access it from any app. Neither the gallery, nor whatsapp or the camera app itself... reflashed, reseted, fixed permissions, still no luck.

The camera works fine here! Still pictures and film shooting.

The only thing I noticed, since the beginning of CM11, is the image seems a bit misaligned... Kind of weird: what I see is not exactly what I get when taking pictures.

Did you try to revert to the previous version, and check how camera is?

LickTheLizard

Dec 12, 2013
Sorry mate, if only you asked a bit earlier, I could had checked it, but now I had to revert to a previous build because of random reboots/telephone layer problems.

The only thing I noticed, since the beginning of CM11, is the image seems a bit misaligned... Kind of weird: what I see is not exactly what I get when taking pictures.

Yeah, it was just the camera-App beeing broken. Google Camera worked fine... thanks anyway! Other than that, Ican definitly recommend this ROM if you want these sweet KitKat things. Everything worked fine.
Though, in the process of replacing my keyboard, I "finally" broke the phone... RIP.

Reactions: Scalabis

Scalabis

Jan 8, 2014
Yeah, it was just the camera-App beeing broken. Google Camera worked fine... thanks anyway! Other than that, Ican definitly recommend this ROM if you want these sweet KitKat things. Everything worked fine.
Though, in the process of replacing my keyboard, I "finally" broke the phone... RIP.

Thanks @LickTheLizard! I'll try GCamera, and post some test pictures soon!

And it's a really sad new about your MoMi2!

alvinlui

Sep 2, 2011
This is my first post in XDA. I'm sorry that this post is a bit long but I think czechop's CM11 is really awesome and hope everyone can enjoy this rom without having the reboot and battery issues.
I have got real positive experience after upgrading from 0312 to 0530 build. I hope my experience would help someone.
I had been getting telephony layer problem and the phone reboots more than 2 times everyday when using 0312 build. Battery exhausted in 10 hours after a full charge.
Then I flashed the 0512 over 0312 directly but both problems persisted.
Finally, I went through the whole installation path again and both problems disappeared.:laugh:
Here are what I have done.
1. Factory reset on 0312 build (note sure if necessary).
2. Install CM10 (if my memory is good, it is the requirement of czechop's CM10.2
3. Without reboot flash czechop's CM10.2 version >= 07.11.2013
4. Without reboot flash czechop's CM11 0512 build
5. Reboot to CM11 since I have factory reset before, according to installation instructions
6. Flash latest minimal gapps 4.4.2
7. Reboot and the MS2 worked like a charm! :laugh:
PS1 Although I have already noticed the battery drain issue had gone after doing the above, I still decided to calibrate the battery with the app "Battery Calibrator". I suppose any similar apps which are available on Play store can do the same job although there had been doubts using this kind of apps. In fact I didn't use any telephony service since I only inserted an expired sim card in the slot, but after more than 30 hours of standby and slight usage, now the battery remains 40%, similar to how it was behaving in GB.
PS2 I don't have any BT device so I was not able to simulate the BT issue according to someone's report.

Last edited:

Scalabis

Jan 8, 2014
Missing Governor?

Hi guys! I don't have the minimum amount of post to post in Dev, so here I go:

Since the last update by @czechop, I observed this issue. When I enter the power menu (that one by pressing vol- when the blue led blinks), the selected governor is "SmartAss". When I boot the phone normally and go to Config>Performance, is the "Interactive" governor used. And more weird: when I click to change the governor, "SmartAss" is not available as an option.

Did you guys observed this? How can I restore SmartAss to be available again?

Thanks!

LordOL

Jul 23, 2014
Which version of TWRP works to update to latest czechop CM11?

Thank you alvinlui. I had problems to upgrade to cm11. The last update (30.5.) doesn't work. File is not corrupted (MD5). I was wondering if TWRP is the reason, because I read on the developer page, that version 2.6.3.1 is required to update to kitkat. I use an older version. Milestone 2 is not supported anymore. Old versions are not provided for download on developer page.

Which version of TWRP do you use? Where can I get it?

This is my first post in XDA. I'm sorry that this post is a bit long but I think czechop's CM11 is really awesome and hope everyone can enjoy this rom without having the reboot and battery issues.
I have got real positive experience after upgrading from 0312 to 0530 build. I hope my experience would help someone.
I had been getting telephony layer problem and the phone reboots more than 2 times everyday when using 0312 build. Battery exhausted in 10 hours after a full charge.
Then I flashed the 0512 over 0312 directly but both problems persisted.
Finally, I went through the whole installation path again and both problems disappeared.:laugh:
Here are what I have done.
1. Factory reset on 0312 build (note sure if necessary).
2. Install CM10 (if my memory is good, it is the requirement of czechop's CM10.2
3. Without reboot flash czechop's CM10.2 version >= 07.11.2013
4. Without reboot flash czechop's CM11 0512 build
5. Reboot to CM11 since I have factory reset before, according to installation instructions
6. Flash latest minimal gapps 4.4.2
7. Reboot and the MS2 worked like a charm! :laugh:
PS1 Although I have already noticed the battery drain issue had gone after doing the above, I still decided to calibrate the battery with the app "Battery Calibrator". I suppose any similar apps which are available on Play store can do the same job although there had been doubts using this kind of apps. In fact I didn't use any telephony service since I only inserted an expired sim card in the slot, but after more than 30 hours of standby and slight usage, now the battery remains 40%, similar to how it was behaving in GB.
PS2 I don't have any BT device so I was not able to simulate the BT issue according to someone's report.
[/HIDE]

neolovich

Dec 24, 2013
Thank you! :)

Cheers czechop!

I'm not able to post at the development Forum so i post it here. Maybe you'll see it ;)
I use CM11 already for one year. You've done great work! thanks for sharing it with us!!

eletronicashow

Jan 28, 2015
I'm using the latest version cm11 realized that the battery consumption is high, another thing that did not work with me is in the country network of choice here in Brazil VIVO uses the 850/1900 network and also the 900/2100 and has not this option would be interesting if he left for all the option of 850/900/1900/2100 rest of the rom're great.

thank you.
Sorry for the English use google translator, kkkkk

maggotfinger

Mar 15, 2015
Bonn
CM11 czechop smartass governor

Hi there! Since this place here developed to a "Thank you czechop" Thread i refused to open a new one for my Question :)

First of all, thank you czechop! Your effort is and work is really amazing! Yout Custom Rom is the first one i flashed on my droid2 without having horrible hours of flashing and failing!!!

The latest version 22.12.2014 comes with the smartass Governor. But how can i use it or where can i find it? Shouldnt it displayed somewhere in the Settings?

sirdraef

Nov 10, 2013
clock + weather widget gone?

Hi I flash lastest 22/12/2014 CM11 czechop rom, all is ok but the clock + weather is gone only clock... how I can get the weather widget again?? Thank you.

maggotfinger

Mar 15, 2015
Bonn
Hi I flash lastest 22/12/2014 CM11 czechop rom, all is ok but the clock + weather is gone only clock... how I can get the weather widget again?? Thank you.

I cant remember that Widget. But you are able to get various Widget from the Play Store:
Just search for weather widget
(unfortnatelly i am not authorized to post a link)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I installed CM11 as Czechop descirbed.
    First CM10 (was fine), then CM10.2 (keyboard errors, but done)
    Right now Milestone is booting: blue CM log and and an arrow is circle around, but nothing happens.
    Unfortunately i can not enter into the recovery menu. I tried Power and Vol down, Power and X buttons also, no luck.

Any idea?

To access recovery, you need to press VolumeDown when you see blue led after turning on the phone.

Also, have you formatted data as ext4?
    I am using Milestone 2 for some months now, and I think I can tell my experience for some of your problems (though they may not be much helpful, sorry for that).

1. The battery problem. I think I had such issue once, and I solved it by just leaving the MS2 charging for the whole night, despite the indicator showing 100%. I think it may sometimes show 100% when the battery is far below 100%, that's why it drops rapidly to 1% when the meter realizes the truth :). Recently I have also had the opposite: The phone discharged to 1% (in cold and humid conditions, that may be the cause) and I switched it off. About two hours later, when it got the normal temperature, I plugged it to the charger to see the battery indicator at... 60% :).

2. The (tele)phony problem :). I had some dreadful ordeals with this problem. It started about one month after installing CM (don't remember which version that was) - the telephony layer crashed often when I was in one specific area of my city. Then It slowly started to crash in other areas, and finally was crashing about twice a day (sometimes twice in a minute) everywhere. (due to that, I think the problem is somewhat related to the moment when the phone switches between GSM antennas). I tried quite many things, including installing cm10 by czechop, cm10 and 11 by Engle_Mars, reverting to stock (un-rooted) and rooting again from scratch, not installing any apps. The only time it was not crashing was when I had stock Gingerbread installed. (Interestingly, even with vulnerable roms it never crashed during a call). I tried also increasing the processor voltage values (OPP), and lowering the max frequency, but it didn't help either. Then I went for two weeks to my parents for Christmas. My parents live in a village, where there is only one antenna, and... the phone didn't crash at all through that time. But what was even more strange, when I returned to my town, the crashes did not return (and it's been 4 months since). Now I don't know what to think about it, but... if you can, try going to a village for two weeks, maybe that helps :). The crashes did not return, but recently the phone reboots occasionally (usually after ending a call), but that's once per two weeks, so it's not very inconvenient.
    Sorry mate, if only you asked a bit earlier, I could had checked it, but now I had to revert to a previous build because of random reboots/telephone layer problems.