Please Note: If you are already on 4.3 (T889UVUCMK7) with KNOX enabled bootloader.
- DO NOT try to flash this ROM using odin from your pc, you will end up with an error.
- If you are looking for stock rooted ROM then either flash the flashable zip from post# 2 or MrRobinson's ROM.
Please see below on how this differs from Stock T889UVUCMK7.
1) Replaced the KNOX enabled bootloader (T889UVUCMK7) with a previous (T889TMBBMD1) bootloader.
2) Manually rooted
3) Removed any known KNOX applications and files (listed below)
4) Debloated - (applications are listed below), almost all applications which are removed can be easily downloaded from the Google Play store. If it's not there let me know I can upload it here.
1) Who should/can install this ROM ?
- Primarily, users who are still on 4.1.2 and would like to try the 4.3 without having to worry about the bootloader with KNOX. You can easily revert back to any previous ROM as this bootloader does not have any downgrading restrictions.
- Users who do not have mobile odin and would like to update to 4.3 using PC odin and not worry about KNOX bootloader.
- Users who still want to be on the old bootloader, stick to the Stock kernel and do not want to flash any patch.
2) How to install it ?
- Download and extract the file, and flash the md5 file using ODIN.
3) Battery life ?
- Same as stock as this is the Stock ROM.
4) Do I need to wipe/data ?
- Not required but always recommended when switching ROM's.
5) Does Wifi work ? Do I have to flash any patch or custom kernel ?
- Yes, Wifi works.
- No, You do not have to flash any patch or any custom kernel.
6) Are there any known issues, error's?
- I flashed this using pc odin, manually cleared dalvik cache and so far I haven't noticed any issues.
7) Will there be any support for this ROM?
- This is a stock ROM. I have simply assembled ROM components and packed them together with few changes which are listed above. I am not a developer but an android user just like you, If there are any issues I can try to work with you to get them resolved.
KNOX Files which have been removed:
/system/app/KNOXAgent.apk /system/app/KNOXAgent.odex /system/app/KNOXStore.apk /system/app/KNOXStore.odex /system/app/KNOXStub.apk /system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.apk /system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.odex /system/containers/ --> directory /system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store /system/lib/libknoxdrawglfunction.so
AccessTmobile_TMO.apk AmazonShopping_TMO.apk Books.apk ChatON_MARKET.apk com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk ContainerAgent.apk ContainerAgent.odex ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk ContainerEventsRelayManager.odex ECID-release_TMO.apk gba-service-TMO-Signed.apk Hangouts.apk -> Did not plan to but deleted by mistake. You can downlaod it from Google Play. HelpHub.apk HelpHub.odex Highlight_TMO.apk KLMSAgent.apk KLMSAgent.odex Magazines.apk NFSMWLauncher_TMO.apk PlayGames.apk PlusOne.apk SamsungApps.apk SamsungAppsUNA3.apk SamsungBooks_HD.apk SamsungGames_HD_oldkey.apk SamsungHub_land.apk SamsungHubUpdater.apk SamsungLink18.apk SamsungMusic10P.apk Samsungservice.apk SamsungVideoLITE.apk SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.apk SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.odex SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.odex SPPPushClient_Prod.apk SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk TMServerApp.apk TMServerApp.odex Videos.apk YahoonewsDaemon.apk YahoonewsDaemon.odex YahoonewsWidget.apk YahoonewsWidget.odex YahoostockDaemon.apk YahoostockDaemon.odex YahoostockWidget.apk YahoostockWidget.odex
Standard Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. even though it's hard to brick a Samsung phone it's still possible.
Chainfire - For SU application.
MrRobinsons - Used the links from his S3 forum to learn how to manually root. Had to do it differently for 4.3 but that was still the starting point.
Download Link - PC ODIN: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2...7_Stock.tar.7z
Update: 11/30/2014 - Attached default music player apk files.