FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android System battery Drain after 4.4 update

1,297 posts
Thanks Meter: 267

By sauprankul, Senior Member on 5th February 2014, 01:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,
So I got the 4.4 update a few days ago, and I immediately noticed that Android System was using more power than usual. I was told to let it settle, but it didn't change. It used to be around 5% on a normal day, but now it's around 40%. I used to get a good 17 hours out of my phone with 4.3, but now it's done at around 14 hours, which is worse than 4.2!

Here's a link; maybe the problem is with KitKat? http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...n-4-4-2-a.html

I took some screenshots, hopefully you can see something wrong with my phone.

4.3 (Before):

4.4 (After):

5th February 2014, 02:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267

More
I contacted HTC, and they asked me to keep it in Safe Mode for 24 hours and see if that helps.
I know I'll get better battery life, because 75% of usage is of apps that are "third party."
So, anyway, I'll see what happens when I don't use my phone for anything at all except browsing, BlinkFeed and texting.
6th February 2014, 12:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Mine is doing the same thing. Battery life is awful

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
6th February 2014, 03:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I hope someone has a solution to this soon.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
7th February 2014, 02:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Same here, only for me I am losing about 12% per hour with wifi on (vs about half that before the update). The other thing I've noticed is the "location receiving" notification icon flashing like crazy. I am pretty certain that the culprit is KitKat Location Services. If I turn that off the battery life goes back to how it was pre Kitkat. Unfortunately this is a terrible way to fix the problem, especially if you are a GPS user!
23rd February 2014, 04:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The answer, at least in my case, was a hard reset. I did that, reinstalled my apps, and the GPS / battery issue has gone away. I was also having other intermittent weird issues that have gone away since reinstalling. I guess the upgrade must have corrupted some things...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
23rd February 2014, 01:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Kitkat works quite well on my nexus7, battery usage dropped only 15% after i wathed 1.5h movies in nexus7. But for htc one kitkat, the battery performances awful. So, i guess it may be HTC's problem, not Kitkat.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)