FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 for HTC DX

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By energeiakos, Member on 6th February 2014, 02:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My current SD is SanDisk 32GB, but I want more capacity. I am wondering if I can use Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 to my HTC Desire X. If so, it will be easy, or I will be able to use it with many problems (for example very slow speed)?

6th February 2014, 02:35 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by energeiakos

My current SD is SanDisk 32GB, but I want more capacity. I am wondering if I can use Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 to my HTC Desire X. If so, it will be easy, or I will be able to use it with many problems (for example very slow speed)?

I don't know and I can't imagine someone has tried yet. But you can try as sdxc 64 GB is reported to work fine for at least one user here (I have a 32 GB, so can't say really).
6th February 2014, 02:40 PM |#3  
energeiakos's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

I don't know and I can't imagine someone has tried yet. But you can try as sdxc 64 GB is reported to work fine for at least one user here (I have a 32 GB, so can't say really).

What can be the most possible problems?
6th February 2014, 02:42 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by energeiakos

What can be the most possible problem?

That the card won't be recognized / that not all of available memory will be recognized. But if you try, please report back if it worked. I'm curious as well because my 32 GB are definitely not enough.
6th February 2014, 02:49 PM |#5  
energeiakos's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

That the card won't be recognized / that not all of available memory will be recognized. But if you try, please report back if it worked. I'm curious as well because my 32 GB are definitely not enough.

I just saw, that this is not microSDXC, so, it will not be able to be put on phone. Unfortunately.
6th February 2014, 02:51 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

That the card won't be recognized / that not all of available memory will be recognized. But if you try, please report back if it worked. I'm curious as well because my 32 GB are definitely not enough.

Scratch that... As far as I know, there aren't any 128 GB micro sd card available until now. What you posted there is SDXC size which won't fit in our device, so the biggest you can get which is reported to work is 64 GB micro sdxc.
6th February 2014, 09:30 PM |#7  
Will_Xda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leicester
Thanks Meter: 757
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

Scratch that... As far as I know, there aren't any 128 GB micro sd card available until now.

Yep They are I've seen a few out but the prices are way off the scale going over the £100 mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

What you posted there is SDXC size which won't fit in our device.

Exactly the one in the Image is like the ones that fit into camera's and Video recorders, Nintendo Wii's etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

so the biggest you can get which is reported to work is 64 GB micro sdxc.

I've had 64gb and it worked in my DesireX without issues so it's definitely confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energeiakos

My current SD is SanDisk 32GB, but I want more capacity. I am wondering if I can use Kingston 128GB SDXC class 10 to my HTC Desire X. If so, it will be easy, or I will be able to use it with many problems (for example very slow speed)?


Ultimately though it's a waste of time and money, when that SDcard becomes damaged then thats 128gb of data down the drain. If Op wants extra space then get a 32gb micro sdcard (about £15 for official Sandisk) and get an OTG cable for about a £1 and connect you're USB hard drive up and use that.
6th February 2014, 11:14 PM |#8  
energeiakos's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I am the only one who is looking forward to having 2 TB or 4 TB microSD in his phone? Maybe in 2020?
6th February 2014, 11:27 PM |#9  
Mr.Jay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by energeiakos

I am the only one who is looking forward to having 2 TB or 4 TB microSD in his phone? Maybe in 2020?

Probably not, because the lastest phones that we have seen these months doesn't have micro sd slot

HTC Desire X || Android 4.1.2 || mySENSEdx5 RC4.0
6th February 2014, 11:42 PM |#10  
energeiakos's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
What are you talking about? Note 3 doesn't have sd?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium
7th February 2014, 04:21 PM |#11  
Mr.Jay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by energeiakos

What are you talking about? Note 3 doesn't have sd?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

Yes, yes, you are right, Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have sd... But what about Nexus 5, Moto g, Moto x, Sony Xperia Z/Z1/ZU, HTC One...?

HTC Desire X || Android 4.1.2 || mySENSEdx5 RC4.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes