Hello guys, I am writing this thread because I was not able to find any specific thread on how can i unroot my galaxy grand to revert back to stock for using OTA to get updates from samsung.
Please note that the method mentioned below is used by me to unroot and get update from samsung.
I am not responsible for bricked devices. Use this process/method at your own risk.
I was in CM 11 by @pawitp on 2nd Feb, 2014 build having CWM Recovery. There might be other easy ways as well to unroot or some steps might not be needed at all. I have just shared with you guys the process I followed.
STEPS TO UNROOT
- Take a full backup. (I used CWM backup to backup my whole ROM and helium to backup my data.)
- Download Triangle Away developed by @Chainfire from here.
- Install the Triangle Away-Version.apk normally in the phone.
- Open the Triangle Away app and use "Reset flash counter" to rest the flash counter.
- Close Triangle Away & Straight go to the CWM Recovery pressing "Volume Up+Home+Power" buttons together. Do not switch off or restart the phone.
- Once you are in Clockworkmod Recovery, do the following:
- Use "Wipe data/factory reset" option to wipe data.
- Use "Wipe cache" to clear cache.
- After doing the above operations, do not restart or close the recovery, straight go to the Download mode pressing "Volume Down+Home+Power" buttons together.
- Press Volume Up button to enter the download mode and cross the warning message.
- Connect the phone to the laptop/pc and open ODIN.
- Flash the original Samsung Firmware.
- After successful flash, the phone will boot normally. For details on how to flash a stock rom, look for @Chotu's thread.
- CONGRATS! Now you can use OTA to update your phone.
HOW TO CONFIRM SUCCESSFUL UNROOT
- Open Download Mode, see that one value will be shown as "Samsung Official" & other as "Official".
- In Settings - About - Status look for "Device Status" value, it will be shown as "Official".