CarbonRom KitKat for Nexus One!
Fits on 220mb HBOOT!
- 4.9 toolchain
- Heads Up notifications (as opposed to Hover)
- updates to random other stuff as well
From Carbon themselves:
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn’t been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please – let us know.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
https://carbonrom.org/features/ (Pretty much everything.)
Nexus One specific:
- Trackball wake toggle (Settings -> CarbonFibers -> Buttons)
Read instructions before installing.
If you don't know what hboot is, please read this first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1270589
- HBOOT /system size 220
- I recommend cache at 10mb
- Wipe data.
- This must be done before flashing zips if you want Mounts2SD to work properly, as Mounts2SD's zip writes to /data.
- Install ROM.
- (Optional but highly recommended) Install ext script such as Mounts2SD download here - same zip as my CM11)
- You will need an ext partition on your SD card.
- You can customize the settings after installation with the Mounts2SD app. You may want to move application libraries, for example.
- TWRP also seems to not like Mounts2SD. CWM and 4EXT seem to work fine for me.
- Don't even try screen recording
- Evervolv base
- HWA video recording/playback not working
- no MMS
- wifi tethering not happy - only works on no password
- If system language is set away from English because of SIM card, keyboard will crash. Set up phone in English.
- I myself am having some trouble downloading large applications, not sure where this problem is from
Big thanks to:
- Evervolv - device/kernel/other repos. They're the guys that keep the old Nexus One going 4 years after it came out.
- CarbonRom and all those who maintain the sources they use (Slim, PA, AOKP)
- WoH, csytracy who helped me earlier on
- dk_zero-cool, for mounts2sd.
- spezi77, for maintaining some handy sources with qsd8k mods
Some of my sources are available on github: https://github.com/parkedraccoon/and.../kitkat-carbon, https://github.com/parkedraccoon/and...s_CarbonFibers