151 posts
Thanks Meter: 302

By parkedraccoon, Senior Member on 8th February 2014, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

CarbonRom KitKat for Nexus One!
Fits on 220mb HBOOT!

7/15 Update:
From Carbon themselves:

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn’t been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please – let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
https://carbonrom.org/features/ (Pretty much everything.)
Nexus One specific:
  • Trackball wake toggle (Settings -> CarbonFibers -> Buttons)

Download here.
Read instructions before installing.

Installation:
If you don't know what hboot is, please read this first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1270589
  1. HBOOT /system size 220
    • I recommend cache at 10mb
  2. Wipe data.
    • This must be done before flashing zips if you want Mounts2SD to work properly, as Mounts2SD's zip writes to /data.
  3. Install ROM.
  4. (Optional but highly recommended) Install ext script such as Mounts2SD download here - same zip as my CM11)
    • You will need an ext partition on your SD card.
    • You can customize the settings after installation with the Mounts2SD app. You may want to move application libraries, for example.
    • TWRP also seems to not like Mounts2SD. CWM and 4EXT seem to work fine for me.

Known Bugs:
  • Don't even try screen recording
  • Evervolv base
    • HWA video recording/playback not working
    • no MMS
    • wifi tethering not happy - only works on no password
  • Keyboard
    • If system language is set away from English because of SIM card, keyboard will crash. Set up phone in English.
  • I myself am having some trouble downloading large applications, not sure where this problem is from

Big thanks to:
  • Evervolv - device/kernel/other repos. They're the guys that keep the old Nexus One going 4 years after it came out.
  • CarbonRom and all those who maintain the sources they use (Slim, PA, AOKP)
  • WoH, csytracy who helped me earlier on
  • dk_zero-cool, for mounts2sd.
  • spezi77, for maintaining some handy sources with qsd8k mods

Some of my sources are available on github: https://github.com/parkedraccoon/and.../kitkat-carbon, https://github.com/parkedraccoon/and...s_CarbonFibers
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to parkedraccoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parkedraccoon Ad-Free
8th February 2014, 09:37 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Carbon is just about as slim as CM, but does not include a music app. That's how I left the boot animation and some audio files in there.

Old downloads:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...W8&usp=sharing

Old Mounts2SD:
Some have reported problems with the current Mounts2SD script. Attached to this post is an old installer I used to use back in the 4.1 days that seems to work on sd cards that the new Mounts2SD does not. It is an Aroma installer - I recommend default settings except check dalvik along with apps.
Why is this not the main zip? Because it takes more effort and the current Mounts2SD script seems to work fine for most.

Looking for ART? I have not been able to make ART boot on Carbon, even when using the exact same method as with CM. I may continue playing around but I doubt I'll find anything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip m2sd-aroma.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.30 MB, 1366 views)
File Type: apk LockClock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (8.17 MB, 159 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to parkedraccoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parkedraccoon Ad-Free
8th February 2014, 10:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks, I try it now!

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle78

Thanks, I try it now!

It should not be, the same problem of CM11. After following the procedure, the system remains locked on the opening!
8th February 2014, 11:00 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle78

Thanks, I try it now!

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

It should not be, the same problem of CM11. After following the procedure, the system remains locked on the opening!

Check the second post. I added an older M2SD script that is more of a hassle to set up, but seems to fix problems I had on my older sd cards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkedraccoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parkedraccoon Ad-Free
8th February 2014, 11:21 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkedraccoon

Check the second post. I added an older M2SD script that is more of a hassle to set up, but seems to fix problems I had on my older sd cards.

Ok, I try and let you know!

For the keyboard I can directly install the apk?
8th February 2014, 02:24 PM |#6  
Flag Helsingborg
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Nice
Thanks for let nexus one live
Would ask is there wifi region setting
8th February 2014, 06:56 PM |#7  
Flag buenos aires
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Thumbs up http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=50152996
pretty look! nice work, thanks you!!!
8th February 2014, 07:11 PM |#8  

More
So, it works very well apart from the usual problems. Try not to abandon it because it is really wonderful!
9th February 2014, 04:21 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is the system font does not contain Asian Languages?

I could not see any Chinese/Japanese characters by using this ROM
9th February 2014, 07:46 PM |#10  
Flag Kota Bharu

Donate to Me
More
downloading... will install soon and will provided the feedback later. thanks for the rom!

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

i think the zip ( m2sd Aroma) should be on the cm thread rom too. just to mention.
10th February 2014, 06:24 AM |#11  
Flag Kota Bharu

Donate to Me
More
Lockscreen setting Force Close.
When i jump to Lockscreen > Notification in Carbon Fibers, its Force Close. I try to disable widget on lockscreen to avoid camera widget.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)