FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE]Sync local calendar with Google account[No root]

1,737 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,255

By abcdjdj, Senior Member on 8th February 2014, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys!

Added many calendar entries and then realized that you have added it to the local calendar? Android syncs only the calendar which is connected with your Google Account. So if you want to transfer all entries from local calendar to the Google calendar, you have come to the right place

To achieve this, kindly follow these steps and you will be good to go :-

1. Download this app on your phone - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...up.smscontacts

2. Open it and go to Calendars Backup--->Backup

3. Chose the file name and start the backup.

4. Then transfer the backup file to your pc. It will be in /sdcard/SmsContactsBackup/calendars

5. Open up the backup file on your pc. I'd highly recommend you to use Notepad++ for this. You will see multiple <Calendar entries at the top of the file. Look for the entry which has this attribute:- account_type="LOCAL"
Note down the _id attribute for this <Calendar entry.

6. Now look for <Calendar entry which has name="[email protected]" attribute and note down the _id attribute. Here xyz is your gmail username.

7. Now open Find & Replace and replace this -
Code:
calendar_id="1"
with
Code:
calendar_id="2"
Here, 1 is the _id for LOCAL <Calendar entry and 2 is the id for your Google Calendar (in my case). It could be different for you. So basically whichever calendar entry is set as local, will be converted to the google calendar's entry so that it can be synced

8. Now transfer the modified file back to /sdcard/SmsContactsBackup/calendars

9. Now open Superbackup--->Calendars and click on Delete all calendars.

10. Then restore the modified backup and re-sync your phone with the google calendar. All your local entries will now appear as google calendar entries and will get synced properly to your account.

Enjoy

Regards,
abcdjdj
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to abcdjdj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abcdjdj Ad-Free

4th March 2014, 08:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have been looking for something like this for several days now. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon and I can't wait. Thank you for sharing.
4th March 2014, 01:18 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Thane
Thanks Meter: 3,255

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probbiethe1

I have been looking for something like this for several days now. I haven't tried it yet but I will soon and I can't wait. Thank you for sharing.

Glad to hear that at least someone found it useful.

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk
4th March 2014, 08:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Yeah this is very useful. I know most people only use the Google Calendar and don't ever worry about this but for the people that don't know the difference and then try to switch devices this is good to know. Great find!
8th May 2014, 08:00 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great thanks, that's exactly what I was searching for !!
You saved me 2hours of re-entering many bithdays and garbage-colection-days
24th August 2014, 07:19 AM |#6  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Entries disappear when syncing.
Hello. I tried this one for my dad's Xperia S. All went well up until I tried to sync it with his google account. After it finishes syncing, all the calendar entries just disappear. Help please?
The Following User Says Thank You to kazekage_sama076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kazekage_sama076 Ad-Free
12th March 2017, 01:43 AM |#7  

More
Hello, I tried this method and everything looks like it is working, when I restore the modified backup it says it is updating 601 entries to the calendar, which is about right - but I am still not seeing them on the calendar.
12th March 2017, 03:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Do most phones not have a method of exporting local calendars which can then be imported to Google Calendars or other calendars?
23rd January 2019, 08:08 AM |#9  

More
Easier way to do it:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...copyevents.pro

This allows to periodically move events from one calendar to another and, when using it for the first time allows to specify which time frame has to be considered (into the past and into the future).

Copy: events copied from 1 calendar to the other.
Mirror: tracking changes
Move: original event is removed, only left in target calendar.

It is powerful, be careful to read explanations and features.
Xavi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, calendar, google, local, sync

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)