Instructions (assuming you're completely stock)
1. Download the zip either directly on the device or on your computer. Place in the root of your sdcard.
2. Flash TWRP (via odin). twrp thread found here.
3. When flashing is complete, reboot into recovery.
4. Install the zip in TWRP. Wiping cache/dalvik is recommended, but not necessarily required.
5. reboot, wait for the "android is upgrading" message to be finished.
6. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
7. Reboot tab.
8. Let sit for about 10 minutes upon boot.
9. Open SuperSU and go to settings. Disable and then re-enable superuser.
10. Everything should now be working smoothly you can test root by downloading terminal emulator and typing "su" in the command line.
*note that this will also install busybox*