FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dorimanx's Kernel (STOCK) Q&A Thread

4,314 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,795

By SREEPRAJAY, Forum Moderator on 12th February 2014, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guys,

After we find a hell a lot of love of Q&A posts in the original Kernel thread, I think of doing something to relieve the main thread from all these posts....

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
Original thread here

Please use this thread to post all your answers and questions about the Kernel here

THANKS
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to SREEPRAJAY For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SREEPRAJAY Ad-Free

12th February 2014, 02:52 PM |#2  
Flag LittleTown
Thanks Meter: 413

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SREEPRAJAY

Guys,

After we find a hell a lot of love of Q&A posts in the original Kernel thread, I think of doing something to relieve the main thread from all these posts....

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE

Please use this thread to post all your answers and questions about the Kernel here

THANKS

Excellent!
Hopefully this helps everyone and the dev thread

Ok, been dying to ask this.
Been searching everywhere but can't find any good info about new governors introduced in 2.3, Nightmare and HYPER.
Does anybody have a good explanation about those?
And then in relation to the known governors like Ondemand and Interactive for example.

Thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LittleH79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LittleH79 Ad-Free
12th February 2014, 02:58 PM |#3  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 61

More
I've been wanting to ask the same. I haven't been able to find any description about those two governor.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817

That thread has comprehensive info about governors and schedulers, but no mention of nightmare and hyper.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to fleeting_dreams For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fleeting_dreams Ad-Free
12th February 2014, 03:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Info about governors (Hyper and others, no Nightmare)... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1663809

A bit of info about Nightmare (credit to ming86)...

A modified PegasusQ, less aggressive (Which means not as good performance-wise), and doesn't usually hotplug. It is good for a balance between performance and battery life. May prevent the 'Screen of death' as well, since it doesn't hotplug.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Unleashed1985 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Unleashed1985 Ad-Free
12th February 2014, 04:13 PM |#5  
Flag Hudson, Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,072

More
Great idea!!!!!!! Question. Is it possible to use another kernel tunning app? Like trickster? (I've been told faux's app but I wanna know if I can use another)

Enviado desde mi LG-D806 mediante Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 04:17 PM |#6  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I have 10c TWN with 2.3 kernel and xposed and sometimes screen don't turn on when I have a call. Any ideas where to investigate this issue?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th February 2014, 04:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchoska

Great idea!!!!!!! Question. Is it possible to use another kernel tunning app? Like trickster? (I've been told faux's app but I wanna know if I can use another)

Yes, you can use trickster, might have a busybox problem as some have with 2.3, but other than, yes you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to BullZhot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BullZhot Ad-Free
12th February 2014, 04:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchoska

Performance control and android tuner work as well.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 06:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Why does STweaks auto-install root on each reboot by default? Anyone flashing the kernel and running STweaks is rooted already, so what's the point?
12th February 2014, 06:49 PM |#10  
Flag Kalamazoo
Thanks Meter: 670

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav06

Why does STweaks auto-install root on each reboot by default? Anyone flashing the kernel and running STweaks is rooted already, so what's the point?

i would like it if updating root and busybox was left up to the device's owner also, but it is dorimanx's kernel so he can do whatever he wants with it. as a developer he is not obligated to pacify the people choosing to use his kernel.
12th February 2014, 06:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Trickster reports the BusyBox installation as incomplete, and since the kernel auto-installs busybox on boot too I can't fix it. Seems like a lot happens on every boot that isn't necessary. I'm happy with the kernel, just wish some of those things were dialed back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel support, lg g2 dorimanx qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)