FORUMS

PC Quick Commands | Android 4.0+ | 1.4 BETA

1,842 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,880

Post Reply Email Thread
What is PC Quick Commands?

PC Quick Commands is a good looking, simple and open source app to send important commands to your PC. I know a handful of apps exist that offer similar functionality but I just wanted to write my own and I will be adding more functionality to it soon, while keeping it simple and free of bloat/ads and unwanted features/commands, like other apps.

Screenshots

Features
  • Android Wear support (beta)
  • Open source and free
  • No ads
  • Lightweight in terms of size and resource consumption
  • Good design
  • Supports Android 4.0 and above

Commands supported as of now:
  • Restart
  • Shutdown
  • Log off
  • Suspend/Sleep
  • Hibernate
  • Run command (like, ping www.google.com)
  • Run application command (like, chrome.exe)
  • Custom command

More commands will be supported soon!

Operating system support:

- Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/8.1)
- Mac & Linux (SOON!)

This is a BETA app so things are not guaranteed to function properly every time. I am working hard to add more commands and iron out the bugs.

Download (Play Store)

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cquickcommands

IMPORTANT NOTE: Requires client app to be installed on your PC/Laptop to function properly: You can download it from here: http://goo.gl/5YnnLm. Please make sure .NET Framework 2 is installed else the client app won't work!

Source

Source code: https://github.com/theblixguy/PCQuickCommands
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to ssrij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssrij Ad-Free
14th February 2014, 02:07 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Changelog:

Version 1.4 - September 10th 2014
  • More bug fixes

Version 1.3 - September 9th 2014
  • Support for Android Wear
  • Bug fixes

Version 1.2 - March 30th 2014
  • Updated UI
  • Ability to store recently executed commands for faster access (BETA). To access recent commands, just swipe from the left edge of the screen!
  • Ability to login/signup on first run
  • Ability to switch to a different account
  • Automatic update checks for both client app and Android app
  • Bug fixes

Version 1.1 - February 15th 2014
  • New setup tutorial
  • New about page
  • Minor fixes

Version 1.0 - February 14th 2014
  • Initial release
The Following User Says Thank You to ssrij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssrij Ad-Free
14th February 2014, 03:24 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Have you ever heard of Salling Clicker? Was an app back in the day before smart phones that worked via Bluetooth to control your Mac from your phone as well as some other neat little scripts. I would love to see something like that for android and it appears you're already part of the way there!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 03:59 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbot

Have you ever heard of Salling Clicker? Was an app back in the day before smart phones that worked via Bluetooth to control your Mac from your phone as well as some other neat little scripts. I would love to see something like that for android and it appears you're already part of the way there!

I see.. but I don't want to make a "Control your PC" alternative. The aim is to enable the user to send important commands remotely, using an available internet connection. That is why I have kept the list simple. I don't want to overwhelm the user with crapload of commands and I want to keep things simple and straightforward. If the user wants to control his entire keyboard or mouse or other stuff then there are apps available for that. There's an option in my app to send a custom command (working on it) using which you can send anything, from mouse location coordinates to media control commands like play and pause. It'll be live in next version
14th February 2014, 04:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Gotcha, and makes sense. I just miss the text notifications, and mainly music controls, which involved fading out and pausing music when a phone call came in, and restarting and fading in when the call ended.

14th February 2014, 04:23 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbot

fading out and pausing music when a phone call came in, and restarting and fading in when the call ended.

Might consider adding an option to enable that feature via an IAP after app reaches stable state
The Following User Says Thank You to ssrij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ssrij Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 06:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 559

More
Maybe you could use some ideas from Unified Remote? It has "touchpad", keyboard, and basic multimedia functions as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to pickandwhammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pickandwhammy Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 06:20 PM |#8  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Thumbs up
Awesome work! Thought about linux support?
The Following User Says Thank You to dnkncht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dnkncht Ad-Free
20th February 2014, 06:29 PM |#9  
Flag Agadir
Thanks Meter: 719

More
Thanx , working great ( Winodws 8.1 )
20th February 2014, 06:51 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,891

More
Would it be possible to add an option to turn the computer on? I use PcAutoWaker to do this right now but it doesnt allow me to turn it off. It would be cool to have one app do it all.
20th February 2014, 07:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Nice job. Multimedia commands (vol+ vol- play stop next) would be great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, commands, pc quick commands, quick, windows

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)