Which method of mobile file storage do you prefer out of these choices?

• All wires like in the original question.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or using bluetooth between two phones.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Brandon Gomez

Mar 3, 2011
github.com
Hi, I know certain Androids will work with external microphones and some don't, but the main problem is why doesn't it work.

Is it a software issue? If it is can someone show me how to modify my LG Thrill ICS Stock Rom to support reverse audio, as in a regular two-way cable or the microphone portion of the beats headphones (as all three buttons record when I use SoundAbout to force the phone to treat the beats wire as a microphone).

I am trying to get my tape recorder to record to my Android so I can use it as a storage medium for my programs. I have successfully used it on my Windows Mobile phone (which now has a poor battery life) and my Windows computer.

If the problem is a hardware issue, what type of wires (official or not) will allow me to work with the microphone. I don't think it is hardware because the buttons work on the beats wire just not the mic.

For the hardware, I have a smaller two-way earphone wire, a larger two-way earphone wire, my windows mobile adapter to connect the two and to record to windows mobile (HTC Warhawk), my phones, the beats wire, an earphone splitter for the bigger wire (the splitter can jump the circuit to transfer sound from one hole to the other and it has an input plug (the metal plug for the larger earphone port), my tape recorder with a separate smaller earphone and microphone port, and a portable charger for my windows mobile). I have more stuff but they are not required in figuring out how to solve this problem.

I could also use bluetooth to send the live audio over to the Android and the Windows Mobile and back, but that also means I need some free (if possible, open-source) software for both phones. If software like SoundAbout is needed, I would like to ask where to find completely free software instead of the free trial SoundAbout has.

If this problem gets solved, I can then find or make software the will take a file and stream it live to the speaker or wire while reading it and then being able to do the reverse with live audio into the ram or the file specified by the sound. I would also make it use root permission if I have to make it.

I know this can fit both in accessory and software development, and it is a question, but it is more of a problem-solution type question than a regular question. If someone feels this should be moved, Please move it to the proper area.

Thank You! --Brandon (bgbrandongomez)