FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TAB 3 10.1 stock firmware??

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By baune7, Senior Member on 16th February 2014, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I'm looking for the US version of the latest stock firmware for the P5210 United States version. I've looked at sammobile.com and tried to find it there but it seems EVERY other country in the world is listed except for US versions. Is there a reason for that? Some weird laws here that prevent that? I've wondered that for a while since my original tab 7" days and I could never find US firmware for that either and had to use the UK version.

Anyway, I'm trying to install Grievous 5.0 rom and this is the first ROM i've tried putting on it. Was rooted for a while, just flashed TWRP, that went fine, made a backup. Tried installing the rom, it said successful but when I went to re-boot it, I keep getting two boots to the samsung logo then right to the TWRP main menu.

Yes... I did follow the devs installation instructions exactly. Two or three times. Tried different resets, and installation combinations with no progress, and the same result. If it matters, the file I downloaded was the android file hosting one... currently downloading it again from Mega in hopes it was just a bad download. As of right now, this thing is pretty much dead in the water.

16th February 2014, 08:57 PM |#2  
Washington
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The stock firmware is linked in the OP of this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2421594
Flash it through ODIN and you should be good to go, I had a similar issue previously.
16th February 2014, 09:12 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks, did you ever get any ROM to install and load on yours? I'd really like to try one but so far this whole thing has been a mess. This is my first go at doing any modding on a Samsung device, I've done plenty of Motorola stuff, that just always seems to work for me with no issues. Thanks again for that link. I might have to play with this a little more when I have more time.
16th February 2014, 10:44 PM |#4  
Washington
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baune7

Thanks, did you ever get any ROM to install and load on yours? I'd really like to try one but so far this whole thing has been a mess. This is my first go at doing any modding on a Samsung device, I've done plenty of Motorola stuff, that just always seems to work for me with no issues. Thanks again for that link. I might have to play with this a little more when I have more time.

I was attempting to flash Pimpdroid when I had the problems, and it seemed like every time I tried to wipe/flash something went wrong. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I ended up just flashing over the stock rom. That was a couple months ago, though, and I'm not sure if flashing techniques have changed or if it has gotten any easier.
17th February 2014, 04:51 AM |#5  
Flag ★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
Thanks Meter: 1,159

Donate to Me
More
Hey man , you have not looked the firmware properly. First of all , US firmware on sammobile is always written as the country 'cellular south' . So , buddy on sammobile firmware section type p5210 and then look for the country cellular south . I was also confused first but then I found my tab's pda code and csc code and then looked for the country and it matched with cellular south . So buddy search for cellular south country . And if you don't want to download from sammobile or you have any problems downloading from sammobile , here is the link https://mega.co.nz/#!sJZCxQ7T!hdJXKX...WqgGQgmOz1DH3A P.S. - It the latest US stock firmware for GT-P5210. And the link which darthjader has provided, the firmware is of any European country because US firmware starts from UEU. And the latest U.S. firmware is P5210UEUAMK1 . I have provided you with the link of latest P5210UEUAMK1 . And to the answer for your 2nd question , Yes, I flashed the pimproid rom without any glitches and problems. What I did was that my tab was rooted and TWRP was installed . I just placed the pimproid rom in my tab's internal sd card , booted into TWRP recovery and then without any wiping I just installed the rom because TWRP automatically wipes the data and dalvik cache . I haven't tried the grevious rom . Ok my friend , after writing such a long post I hope that you find my post useful .

PLEASE HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU .

Sent from my GT-N7100
18th February 2014, 09:33 PM |#6  
Flag Oceanside, Ca
Thanks Meter: 39

More
This is very interesting. When I go to the OP listed above, the file name is P5210XXUAMG6_P5210OXXAMG3. However, when I look at my firmware in the device, the Build Number is JDQ.P5210UEUAMK1. Not sure how Samsung Build Numbers relate. They could be country specific like mentioned above, or something else. I just don't know.

My concern is loading a build that is not the same as the one on my Tab. I have backed up the device using TWRP but I am not sure if that particular build is included in the backup as part of the system.

I too am not sure if I have loaded stuff correctly. I know I am ROOTED because a Root Check said so. I loaded a new Rom but really saw no real difference. So I am not sure if I have done things right. I did follow the letter of the procedures to the T.

added: you can also find the firmware at this address.

XAR-P5210UEUAMK1-20131209141149.zip
http://samsung-updates.com/details/1...10UEUAMK1.html
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)